Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
That looks like a great deal, but it actually *looks* a lot better than it is, with that shockingly low payment, since the total drive off would be over $5K.

On the other hand, I got an Email from a Dealer advertising a C250 for $279 a month with $1,700 or so drive off.

NOBODY is giving more crazy artificially high discounts on their cars to move them like M-B, it's really to the point where it's unbecoming for the brand.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 335I
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
That looks like a great deal, but it actually *looks* a lot better than it is, with that shockingly low payment, since the total drive off would be over $5K.

On the other hand, I got an Email from a Dealer advertising a C250 for $279 a month with $1,700 or so drive off.

NOBODY is giving more crazy artificially high discounts on their cars to move them like M-B, it's really to the point where it's unbecoming for the brand.
That is so I true if I get a Mercedes I get the competition discount and vender discount
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:

You can get an E class for $500 a month all in.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_trekker View Post
You can get an E class for $500 a month all in.
I know, it's actually pathetic, IMO. When I was cross shopping more E's with my car, you could get deals UNDER $500 with practically no drive off. It looks desperate and like some "discount brand".

BMW's incentives might be aggressive, but at least they show better form than Mercedes (or people are willing to pay higher prices for BMW's).

Audi and Porsche are the best at this. They discount very little. That's how a Luxury/Premium brand truly should roll.

Not that I'm complaining in getting such a great deal on such an amazing car though.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 AM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:

Audi and Porsche are the best at this. They discount very little. That's how a Luxury/Premium brand truly should roll.
Tiffany doesn't discount.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/tiffa...ry?id=18511474
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: 13 335i M Sp, 13 SubBRZ
You can't compare payments. I don't understand this idea that the lowest payment is the best deal.

And you should never put cash or trade equity down on a lease. Never. Ever. Never.

People who are enticed by low payment offerings are "stretch" buyers.

Negotiate the best price on the car. Then, comapre the finance/lease options. The monthly payment is a function of these two things. People who have a strict payment budget or a payment first mentality shoouldn't be buying German cars, or anything other than stripper 3s or Cs.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_trekker View Post
Resistance (against Costco) is futile.

BMW is feeling the pressure on both fronts. All car manufactures are racing to the bottom line, and trying to outdo one another on styling.

Unfortunately, if your goal is to sell as many as you can (unlike Porsche or even Audi), essentially competing not just in this segment, but try to attract mainstream car buyers, you have to be in game.