Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 TiAg/IR Z4MC LL93700
Interior Protection in Z4M Coupe

First off, Happy Thanksgiving! Now for the important stuff. Has anyone installed the interior protection module for the alarm in an M Coupe? I thought I read in one of the posts that someone had, but I can't seem to find the post. I bought the kit for the M roadster (which came with interior protection) but can't seem to find the harness to hook it up. Does anyone know if the harness is not in the coupes? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wrh3
Mein Auto: 2007 M Coupe, 2008 M3
When I ordered my alarm from Tischer, the person I spoke with said the coupes are not wired for the interior motion detection and I could not find the harness which is supposed to be located in the center storage area between the seats- I seem to remember other threads about coupe owners with the same finding. I just ordered the one without, less than $100 shipped- I have a write-up on my website for the installation:

www.billswebspace.com/bmwmc

Bill
Bill
2011 Lotus Elise R, 2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2005 Mini Cooper S
BMW CCA Member # 389948
www.billswebspace.com/bmwindex
Old 11-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_tech
Mein Auto: rickshaw
Alarm kit P/N 65 73 0 309 944 has an interior motion sensor or MDD.

ROADSTERS produced 10/03 to present other parts may be needed that is separate from the kit,oddments tray gets replaced and the mirror baseplate

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...light=z4+alarm
Old 11-23-2007, 02:41 AM

Thanks for the replies. I found the older post from some guys that installed the sensor in their roadsters. They said the harness was a PITA to find since it was under the center console (the part that the instructions don't tell you to remove). It may be that the harness is there only in the roadsters, but I guess I'll fish a little more before I surrender. I'll let you know if anything turns up.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
When I ordered my alarm from Tischer, the person I spoke with said the coupes are not wired for the interior motion detection and I could not find the harness which is supposed to be located in the center storage area between the seats- I seem to remember other threads about coupe owners with the same finding. I just ordered the one without, less than $100 shipped- I have a write-up on my website for the installation:

www.billswebspace.com/bmwmc

You're right...I surrender. There is no harness for the sensor. Anyone interested in the interior sensor or the whole alarm for their Roadster? Thanks for the help though...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 PM

Mein Auto: Z4M
Still have..

The internal sensor? I have other alarm pieces.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 AM
John

Mein Auto: 2000 M roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad4 View Post
The internal sensor? I have other alarm pieces.
withaJ's last post on these forums was three years ago. I doubt you will get a reply. Sorry.