Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 AM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
Exclamation The Dealer Accepted to replace a defected car, But wants to apply a price increase.!!

Hello All,

Re my previous post regarding teh RPM issue as per the thread : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=672476

I had an approval from the dealer to repalce my Car with a brand new one.. However, they Just called and told me that the car price was increased by 3.5% which is equivalant to USD 2500. In Egytian pounds EGP 15,000..

They justified the increase is due to a new option (Folding Mirrors) . Is this my problem.. shall be liable for such increase for a defect from their factory.. why shoudl I bare such increase, I have the full amount paid an they have the money for more than 10 days after i returned the car.


When I objected on the increase, they offered me to accept the old car after fixing it which will take another 10 days from now, and they can compensate me with an Extra year warantee.. or to refund the money..

Is this legal ... to return a defected product and replace it with another and burden me with an increase... I wonder if the case was the opposite. i.e. If the price decreased? would they replace it with another and refund the difference??? of course NO.

I need some opinions ..shall I discuss with them or shall I esclate the isuue to BMW AG ..
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:05 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,560
Mein Auto: '06 X3
Hard to say if this is "legal" in Egypt, but if you are getting more equipment on the new replacement car, aside from the folding mirrors which shouldn't cost that much as an option, it seems as if it might be the normal price increase that happens each year with cars. Go ahead and escalate it, but you might be better off getting the brand new car and paying the extra -- if there are more options than you had.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
Exclamation Sounds logic somehow

UncleJ, what you say sounds logic of course.. However, I was already hit with 10,000 EGP in one week. And now another 15000 that's 25000 in like 20 days.

However, 2013 had an extra BMW connected drive and the sport and comfort button at no extra cost....

Despite the fact that folding mirrors is a nice to have option but not for that sum of money...

If they added xenon or power seats or wood trims, or larger rims for example that might be worth the increase..

I would like to add that another reason for the increase is the devaluation of the egyptian pouns versus the and $ .. It increased significantly during the past 2weeks given the political and economic unrest we are currently facing...:

Below is the rates of $ & against the Egyptian Pound..

CURRENCY CODE BUY SELL
US Dollar USD 6.6920 6.7320
Euro EUR 8.7906 9.3157
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Ask BMW to give you the new car for the same price as a compenstion for all your trouble. You want to talk to the BMW rep., not the dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
The X Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Ask BMW to give you the new car for the same price as a compenstion for all your trouble. You want to talk to the BMW rep., not the dealer.
Actually I bought the car from BAG, the Bavarian Auto Group in Egypt which is the frenchise of the BAG worldwide and the have a factory here .. So those are who I am talking with right now..but for the cluster issue I was mailing BMW AG, the headquarters in Germany... Do mean I should escalate the issue to Germany again ?

Thanks
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 AM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
I would escalate the issue with BMW AG and communicate directly to them, BAG is just the dealership. If I am right, BMW is paying for your replacement and not BAG?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I would escalate the issue with BMW AG and communicate directly to them, BAG is just the dealership. If I am right, BMW is paying for your replacement and not BAG?
I did last night. I sent the 4th complaint to BMW group... as usual they replied...

We have forward your complaint to the concerned department inyour country....as if I cannot communicate with the concerned department in my country.

Today I visited the dealer and I was very furious and my voice was very loud...

I am waiting fir thier fed back by Tomorrow or sunday max..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM
poker838 poker838 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 186
Mein Auto: F25 x28 n52 + n20 / B8 A4
If the dealer treats you right, then they should give you a similar car at an equivalent discount % (in case packages are different), or at cost.

Price increase could happen due to FX, or due to changes in level of standard equipment.


I don't think talking to BMW Germany will help.. but you could talk to the head office in your country about it. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 PM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by poker838 View Post
If the dealer treats you right, then they should give you a similar car at an equivalent discount % (in case packages are different), or at cost.

Price increase could happen due to FX, or due to changes in level of standard equipment.


I don't think talking to BMW Germany will help.. but you could talk to the head office in your country about it. Good luck.
The dealer said that my model is not avialable anymore...

However. Its not a matter of the money its a matter of principle ..theybsais they will replace it with no mention about the possnlity of a price increase, and I am not supposed to be subject to this increase...

Anyway. I emailed BMW AG and I talked to the dealer yesterday roughly..and they still dis not give me a reply...

I just need to know what will they do..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Ask BMW Germany to give you a contact person from the concerned department in your country and talk to him or her directly.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 AM
Mark86 Mark86 is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
If you are getting the folding mirrors, sounds like the premium package could have been added to the vehicle. That is usually a feature with the auto dimming side mirrors, which is part of the premium package.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,560
Mein Auto: '06 X3
Mark, remember he is in Egypt so the "packaging" is probably different there than here. I suspect the warranty and maintenance program (if any) is also different.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 AM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
Premium Package .. No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark86 View Post
If you are getting the folding mirrors, sounds like the premium package could have been added to the vehicle. That is usually a feature with the auto dimming side mirrors, which is part of the premium package.
Hi Mark, The one that I had had teh auto dimming mirrors already. as far as I understood that it is only the folding mirror oprtion that is added..

However, I Emailed the German Compnay and I had no feed back since 6 days, despite the fact that i have sent a reminder 2 days ago.

Anyway I as well talked to the reponsible person in Egypt and He gave me no valid feedback ... All what he said that it a different car, and if you would have purchsed it these days you woudl have paid the increased price ...

Now I am negotiation with them at least a 50% discount over the top up price. as they advised that they could fix my car and provide me with an extended waranty which for me is not an option . I am psychologiclay pesimistic from this particular car ..

Another adivise which i totaly disliked and did not accept it is that they said " who knows the new car might have anotehr defect " my reply was if this was the case I will definitly return it and i wont buy BMW anymore ...
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,560
Mein Auto: '06 X3
Given the economic situation and the currency fluctuation out there now you might be best served by taking the new car and paying the extra knowing that at least you will have a car should things deteriorate even more. Hard to make a decision in unsettled times but you have to look out for yourself -- and your family of course. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 AM
karimsha karimsha is offline
BMW x3 2013 20i Black
Location: Egypt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: BMW 320i, BMW X3 20i 2013
Thanks , took the car, didn't pay a penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Given the economic situation and the currency fluctuation out there now you might be best served by taking the new car and paying the extra knowing that at least you will have a car should things deteriorate even more. Hard to make a decision in unsettled times but you have to look out for yourself -- and your family of course. Good luck!
UncleJ, Thanks for the nice advise..

anyway, I took the car last Thursday Night. However, the dealer called me before I reach the showroom and told me that the car arrived on a trailer, with 1.1KM reading and the white packing sticker ..However, it came with NO Folding Mirrors, So, I did not pay anything and I put the Licence Plates today.. I hope nothing pops up ..

Thanks God and thank you all for your support. It feels like family in here..

God Bless You All.. I will start a new thread to inquire about some after market options.. Hope to meet you guys there ...

Cheers
__________________

BMW X3 20i, 2013, Black x Black . New
320i 2009 - Mineral Silver - Beige 44,000km .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
complaint, defected, refund, repalcement, x3


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms