Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMW M3 Coupe
FS: 1995 M3 Dinan Supercharged $8000 (DC to Rochester NY)

I'm going to do my best to put all issues out on the table with this car so there are no surprises if anyone is interested as it is rough around the edges. A little history on the car first, I bought this from a sketchy liar in Buffalo around April 2012. He claimed it was "the cleanest car he ever laid eyes on" which was a funny joke seeing as it was obvious that it was hit in the passenger side front. Anyway i bought it knowing the issues it had. I drove the car daily as well as over ten trips between Rochester and Washington DC constantly fighting an overheating issue (which i tried to convince myself was just due to the extra heat from the supercharge). In November 2012 I bought am S10 Blazer as a winter bomb and parked the M3 at my house with the intent of pulling the motor and swapping the LS1. Well the trans went out on the Blazer new years day and it proved to be easier to fix the head gasket in the M to drive back to DC than to get and install a trans for the Blazer.

I have driven the car ~3k since the replacement without any overheating or issues, including driving from Rochester to DC as well as in the ridiculous stop and go traffic in DC. Sorry for that huge ramble, anyway on to the facts about the car!

1995 BMW M3 Coupe Arctic Silver
~166K Miles daily driven
5 Speed

Exterior:
Arctic Silver
DS1 Wheels (Plastidipped)
Sunroof
Clear Corners
Plastidipped grill trim

Complete Black Interior:
Vaders in great condition
Manual adjusted seats
Dual Zone Manual Climate Control
Perfect headliner
Black Microsuede A Pillars
Momo shift knob
Cruise works
Dinan Floor Mats

Engine:
S50B30us motor
-New Elring OE Head Gasket
-Head Resurfaced and Hot Tanked
-New Duralast 175 degree thermostat
-New serp belt
-New exhaust manifold gaskets
-New spark plugs
-New throttle body gasket
-New upper/lower radiator hose
-New valve cover gasket
-New Victor Reintz head bolts
-New OE BMW water pump
-OE BMW coolant
-32# Injectors
Dinan MAF
Mishimoto all aluminum radiator
Billy Boat catback
Complete Stage 1 Dinan/Vortec Supercharger kit
Upgraded aluminum idler pulley for supercharger
Clutch Fan delete
Stage 2 Clutch/Flywheel (Brand Unknown, alleged Dinan)

Trans:
ZF 5 speed
No grinds, shifts awesome

Suspension:
H&R Race springs
Bilstein struts
Newend links (control arm mounted style)
New drivers side front caliper
New front pads/rotors

Known Issues:
-Car was hit in the passenger side fender, the hood and fender are not original and are poorly color matched.

-The headlight wiring is god awful, someone attempted to put HIDs in and just butchered everything. Low beams work, as well as turn signals, no high beams or fog lights.

-RTABs are on their way out.

-The A/C has all the components there but never worked, has a broken high pressure switch, I never got around to fixing it so i just pulled the belt as well as lines from the firewall to make getting the exhaust manifolds off easier. I have all components. The heat cranks.

-The condenser is bent from previous owners accident.

-Aux fan is wired to a switch because it didn't turn on with the A/C button.

-Someone attempted to roll the fenders and did a heinous job, the fronts are uneven and have some cracking paint.

-The body has character, a few small dents and imperfect paint but doesn't look bad from 15 feet.

-Door panels are separated (just like every e36 ever).

-When i did the head gasket two of three studs broke on the 4-6 exhaust manifold, i didn't have time to fix this so as of right now there is only one nut holding the manifold to the cat back (very very small leak, hardly noticeable).

-The clip on the main vacuum line under the intake manifold broke during the head gasket and i didn't have time to get a new one so that is zip tied as of right now.

-Drivers airbag is not hooked up (airbag light on) because the steering wheel is out of a 92 sedan so the plug doesn't match. When i bought the car it had a terrible pep boys steering wheel.

-Grills fit funny, kind of loose for some reason.

-The center inlet in the front bumper is missing the mesh cover.

-Not really an issue, but the springs and struts are out of a 92 sedan, hence the switch to control arm mounted sway bar links.

I believe this is all issues, big or small. The majority of things wrong with the car are stupid little things that the previous hack of an owner did that don't really affect drive ability. I would love to keep the car and fix everything but due to being active duty in the Marines I have no time, tools or place to do the work. If I think of anything else I will edit accordingly.

Asking $8000

I feel that this is very fair given the current issues considering that a clean Supercharged E36 M3 will bring well over $10k all day. I have put a lot of time and money into this car and have receipts for the majority of work I have done.

I also have two extra sets of wheels for the car:

M coupe Roadstars: $600
-Staggered (F: 7.5in wide R: 9.5in wide)
-Brand new 205/50r17 tires all around, still have stickers
-Painted silver with center caps
-Decent Condition
16" Contour Reps: $600
-Studded Pirelli Carver snows (205/50r16)
-BMW center caps
-Great condition
Both sets:$1000

Call or Text anytime (585)490-1307

Most Recent:

The Keskin 5 spokes are no longer available:

Pics from the previous owners ad:

Interior:

Advertisement
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 PM

Bump for price drop, must sell $7000
Old 04-02-2013, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: bmw e36 m3
How much would you take for those wheels? email me f1petul@gmail.com Im from bimmerforums.. IM also located in new york.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM

One final bump before this gets parted out, $6000 so my parents don't have to stare at it for months in their garage while it's being parted out. Somebody give this thing the attention I don't have the time to. Text me if interested (585)490-1307.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True36 View Post
How much would you take for those wheels? email me f1petul@gmail.com Im from bimmerforums.. IM also located in new york.
The Keskin 5 spokes? They are no longer available, only what's listed is what I have.