Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by B00TS View Post
Plenty of people are waiting lists too.
What waiting lists in the US? AT&T/Sprint/TMo/VZW have no waiting lists on any phones at all.

There are some idiots on craigslist selling their grey market Z10s for stupid money, but anyone who is dumb enough to pay $1k for them, deserves to be taken.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I'm on Tmobile and I haven't seen any confirmed report on the device being able to work with 4G LTE. The only carrier is Wind which I believe has not released it yet. I will be getting one on release day on Tmobile, off contract. I could buy one today but risk not having 4G LTE. I'd rather wait for that.
What T-Mo 4G LTE? They haven't released any markets yet. Only testing in Las Vegas and Kansas City. TMo LTE was supposed to online in Vegas about 2 weeks after CES. It's been over a month and nothing has been done yet.

T-Mobile barely has 3G in the US, why would you wait for LTE?

Quote:
Verizon since it is proprietary network, you just have to wait.
What proprietary network? They use CDMA/LTE, just like Sprint. Nothing special.

Quote:
Rogers and AT&T works together.
How do they work together? AT&T used to own parts of Rogers over a decade ago. They both use GSM/LTE technology on the same PCS 1900/850mhz bands, but they don't work together. You can use an AT&T phone on Rogers or vice versa (when unlocked)

T-Mobile also uses GSM, but are stuck with the 1900mhz band for EDGE and their 3G is AWS (1700)

Quote:
Sprint is always last on announcing phones, they are much like Verizon.
Not really. Sprint is getting phones about the same time as everyone else. iPhone5, Galaxy S3, Note 2. All carriers seem to be getting them at the same time. Not the case with Blackberry though. Poor management on their part.

Quote:
Just get my info from crackberry.com mostly.
such a reputable source
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
RIM Co-Founder Jim Balsillie Dumps Remaining Stock, BlackBerry Plunges

BlackBerry's (NASDAQ: BBRY ) co-founder Jim Balsillie has dumped his remaining stock in the firm. Shares plunged in the early hours of trading on Thursday, before correcting later in the session.

The Waterloo, Ontario firm (that recently changed its name from Research in Motion to BlackBerry) was co-founded in 1992 by Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis . The firm made history in 2002 with the release of the first true smartphone.

However, as smartphone technology advanced, Blackberry gradually faced increasing competition from the likes of Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL ) iPhone and, later, Google's (NASDAQ: GOOG ) Android operating system. While Android has grown exponentially over the past few years, Blackberry has faded into an abyss -- particularly in the US.

Add to that a series of blunders and lackluster results and the recipe for a virtual force-out was set. Both Balsillie and co-CEO Lazaridis stepped down from their roles as co-CEOs in January of 2012.

Two months later, Balsillie resigned from his position on the company's board of directors after a weak earnings report. With that, the man who co-founded one of the most popular tech companies in the modern era severed his final direct tie to Blackberry.

Balsillie's exit didn't bring an immediate turnaround. Blackberry's U.S. market shared dropped to 1.6 percent from August through October of 2012 as compared to the same period in 2011, down from 8.5 percent. Similarly, the company's market share dropped from 19 to eight percent during the period.

BlackBerry has been on thin ice on its home turf in Canada. Android exploded to take a significant lead at 36 percent while iPhone holds the second place ranking at 29 percent. BlackBerry has dropped to third at 27 percent .

Further fueling the downslide, BlackBerry's market share in Spain dropped from 24 percent to three percent during the same period as compared to 2011, while [B]dropping from nine to three percent in Brazil and 16 to seven percent in France[/B], as notes BGR . Importantly, the firm has depended on the Latin American and Mediterranean markets to remain afloat, given its declining popularity in North America and the U.K. as well as its weak performance in China and India.

Now, after a somewhat successful stock performance over the past month, BlackBerry has dropped in trading on Thursday, apparently on word of Balsillie's dumping of shares. The company had been riding a wave of market success, largely on buzz about its latest Z10 device. However, it has traded down as much as around six percent on Thursday.

As of this writing, Blackberry has recovered a bit and is down around 0.5 percent.
Damn Crackberry ad quite a run today. At one point it was down over 7% and then it finished up over 7% and added another 3.19% in after hours. What a turn around. Must admit, that was quite good. Was obvious that after he dumped someone scooped up all those shares and more on top of what was sold. A good double at minimum as it ended up 7.72%

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASD...UejlNI-skgX7bQ
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 PM

Mein Auto: 330i
Why BlackBerry is superior to Apple

Businesses of all sizes blocking Apple iOS devices

Apple iOS 6.1 devices are hammering Exchange servers with excessive traffic, causing performance slowdowns that led Microsoft to suggest a drastic fix for the most severe cases: throttle traffic from iOS 6.1 users or block them completely.

"When a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1-based device, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server (CAS) and Mailbox (MBX) server resources are consumed, log growth becomes excessive, memory and CPU use may increase significantly, and server performance is affected," Microsoft.

The problem also affects Exchange Online in Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service. Office 365 customers may get an error message on iOS 6.1 devices stating "Cannot Get Mail: The connection to the server failed." The Microsoft support article says both Apple and Microsoft are investigating the problem.

The last method Microsoft recommends is to block iOS 6.1 users. "You can block iOS 6.1 users by using the Exchange Server 2010 Allow/Block/Quarantine feature," Microsoft notes.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...-iphone-users/

“Speaking as an Exchange and BES administrator: iOS sucks! If it were up to me I would be blocking all Apple 6.1 devices.”
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 PM

Why BlackBerry is superior to Apple & Samsung

BlackBerry 10 – Voice Control

The Z10 perfectly sync up with an in-car system, but you can also tweak things a bit for direct access to the voice control features on BlackBerry 10.

A BlackBerry Voice Control name listed in contacts, and after some playing around, dropped the assigned number into the voicemail slot on a VW's system. So by pressing the voicemail button, you gain instant access to voice control on your BlackBerry Z10 and can fire off emails, SMS or BBMs with ease.

“BB10 is compatible with BMW Connected Drive (QNX based). "BlackBerry Voice Control" is one of the options, showing up in the Contacts section. After pressing the dial, it will ask you to speak your voice command. No need to touch your actual Z10 at anytime.”

“I was quite surprised when I connected the Z10 to my Audi A1's system via Bluetooth and found an extra number for BB voice control (this number doesn't show up in BB contacts, only on the MMI in the car). I can now send texts and emails on the move with relative ease and the system does a pretty good job of voice recognition.”

“Set this up today on my aftermarket Pioneer BT/navigation unit and it worked flawlessly! I just programmed the "call home" icon to call 9995551234 and voila, hands free voice control! Sent a few BBMs while I drove with both hands on the wheel.”

“I set up my car to call 999-555-1234 when i say "call blackberry" and now I have full voice control from my car. And it works way better than the crappy voice recognition my car has!”

“I just figured out how to use it on my truck. The "blackberry voice control" doesnt show up. But if I add 9995551234 phone number into my truck it works. STOKED. I set that number on my speed dial. Press one button on my steering wheel, one on my dash and im on voice command.”

“My 2010 Ford F150 Sync works with the Z10 voice control. Just have to press the button on the phone to start it. It sort of makes the Sync system look like it’s on a phone call. Works great. Was able to set a Quick Dial number works awesome!”

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10...-voice-control

Old 02-15-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
If you want to post technical info or discuss the phone, OK, but it IS getting to the point where you're just spamming the board daily with this stuff to bump your thread.

No more of this, OK? If you want to talk about YOUR battery life with the phone, how YOU like it more than the iPhone and why, or any other experience you've had, fine, but no spamming.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSL View Post

Apple iOS 6.1 devices are hammering Exchange servers with excessive traffic, causing performance slowdowns that led Microsoft to suggest a drastic fix for the most severe cases: throttle traffic from iOS 6.1 users or block them completely.

"When a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1-based device, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server (CAS) and Mailbox (MBX) server resources are consumed, log growth becomes excessive, memory and CPU use may increase significantly, and server performance is affected," Microsoft.

The problem also affects Exchange Online in Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service. Office 365 customers may get an error message on iOS 6.1 devices stating "Cannot Get Mail: The connection to the server failed." The Microsoft support article says both Apple and Microsoft are investigating the problem.

The last method Microsoft recommends is to block iOS 6.1 users. "You can block iOS 6.1 users by using the Exchange Server 2010 Allow/Block/Quarantine feature," Microsoft notes.

“Speaking as an Exchange and BES administrator: iOS sucks! If it were up to me I would be blocking all Apple 6.1 devices.”

Earth to MCSL

@ Dreamer, I think you need to write it in Spanish
330 Coupe Sold

Last edited by stylinexpat; 02-15-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: Porsche
Quote:

I'm a pretty big blackberry supporter, but it's time to ban this guy!

Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
maybe all cut'n'paste posts without personal comments added should be banned
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 528 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
What T-Mo 4G LTE? They haven't released any markets yet. Only testing in Las Vegas and Kansas City. TMo LTE was supposed to online in Vegas about 2 weeks after CES. It's been over a month and nothing has been done yet.

T-Mobile barely has 3G in the US, why would you wait for LTE?

What proprietary network? They use CDMA/LTE, just like Sprint. Nothing special.

How do they work together? AT&T used to own parts of Rogers over a decade ago. They both use GSM/LTE technology on the same PCS 1900/850mhz bands, but they don't work together. You can use an AT&T phone on Rogers or vice versa (when unlocked)

T-Mobile also uses GSM, but are stuck with the 1900mhz band for EDGE and their 3G is AWS (1700)

Not really. Sprint is getting phones about the same time as everyone else. iPhone5, Galaxy S3, Note 2. All carriers seem to be getting them at the same time. Not the case with Blackberry though. Poor management on their part.

such a reputable source

I'm just trying to unlock my out of country CDMA device to work with verizon? Can you help me? Oh wait you can't.

T-Mobile with 4G LTE(I already have 4G, you know after altered definition) is set to be released end of March. Non-CrackBerry source: http://www.androidguys.com/2013/02/0...e-date-leaked/ Get this about the same time the BlackBerry z10 is slated for release with T-Mobile. Shocking!

I know the Rogers model will work with AT&T: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...king-t-768518/ Can you prove it doesn't work?

Carrier testing has been blamed for slow release in US. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...r-testing.html

My favorite of yesterday(from "I hate BlackBerry because they made me cry" BGR):

BGR

The latest YouGov report on smartphone brand perception and purchase intent is out, and this one is a keeper. According to the data, the proportion of BlackBerry owners planning to purchase a new BlackBerry (BBRY) within six months has rocketed from 18% to 43% since the spring of 2012. Over the same time period, the same number for iPhone owners has slipped from 92% to 85% while the number for Samsung (005930) Galaxy owners has ticked up from 46% to 53%
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:

Not to support the spammer but....

Why is it that when Apple has a MAJOR flaw such as this everyone is like meh. I mean just think of Home Depot with their 10,000 iPhone devices started to do this. They would crash email servers. But since it is Apple it is OK! Also not to mention the lock screen bug. Yes, Apple is really ready for the enterprise. What a joke.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
What waiting lists in the US? AT&T/Sprint/TMo/VZW have no waiting lists on any phones at all.

There are some idiots on craigslist selling their grey market Z10s for stupid money, but anyone who is dumb enough to pay $1k for them, deserves to be taken.
I meant in Canada/UK. You are correct there is no preorder list for any carrier in the US. People have paid way more than just $1K for phones, including the iPhone.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I'm just trying to unlock my out of country CDMA device to work with verizon? Can you help me? Oh wait you can't.
That doesn't mean it's proprietary. It's just the limitation of CDMA technology. Now, all new VZW LTE devices come world unlocked. You can take a VZW iPhone 5 and put an AT&T SIM into it and it will work.

Quote:

T-Mobile with 4G LTE(I already have 4G, you know after altered definition) is set to be released end of March.
Just because the S3 is being released with LTE doesn't mean they have a LTE network to support it. The T-Mobile Note 2 already has "hidden" LTE.

Quote:
I know the Rogers model will work with AT&T: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...king-t-768518/
no one said it didn't. They support the same bands for HSPA and EDGE. The LTE won't work though because AT&T uses diff't LTE bands in the US. Plus you'd have to get it unlocked.

Quote:

Carrier testing has been blamed for slow release in US. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...r-testing.html
This is a cope-out. Why is it that Apple and Samsung have no issues having simultaneous worldwide releases on dozens of carriers, but BB can't? Carriers aren't too blame, it's the company

Quote:
My favorite of yesterday(from "I hate BlackBerry because they made me cry" BGR):

BGR

The latest YouGov report on smartphone brand perception and purchase intent is out, and this one is a keeper. According to the data, the proportion of BlackBerry owners planning to purchase a new BlackBerry (BBRY) within six months has rocketed from 18% to 43% since the spring of 2012. Over the same time period, the same number for iPhone owners has slipped from 92% to 85% while the number for Samsung (005930) Galaxy owners has ticked up from 46% to 53%
Previous BB owners wanting to me a new one. Color me shocked.

Get back to me when the next iPhone comes out. We're in the middle of a transition period for smartphones. There is so much hype for the upcoming Galaxy S4. Nothing yet for the iPhone because it's a couple months out.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Why is it that when Apple has a MAJOR flaw such as this everyone is like meh. I mean just think of Home Depot with their 10,000 iPhone devices started to do this. They would crash email servers. But since it is Apple it is OK! Also not to mention the lock screen bug. Yes, Apple is really ready for the enterprise. What a joke.
Not really. Apple is within days of pushing out updates for the screen lock bug. Unlike BB, Apple doesn't ignore their products.

Only BB fans cry about a double standard.

If you love BB so much, why don't you spend the $$$ and buy one? T-Mobile LTE is a pathetic excuse because your area probably won't have it anytime soon (judging by their poor 3G footprint in the US)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
That doesn't mean it's proprietary. It's just the limitation of CDMA technology. Now, all new VZW LTE devices come world unlocked. You can take a VZW iPhone 5 and put an AT&T SIM into it and it will work.

This is what Verizon calls a world phone, functionality with the sim card is limited.

Just because the S3 is being released with LTE doesn't mean they have a LTE network to support it. The T-Mobile Note 2 already has "hidden" LTE.

Well, when I get my BB z10 I will post pics of it on LTE. And if it doesn't you can point and laugh at me I guess

no one said it didn't. They support the same bands for HSPA and EDGE. The LTE won't work though because AT&T uses diff't LTE bands in the US. Plus you'd have to get it unlocked.

Did you even click on the link?

This is a cope-out. Why is it that Apple and Samsung have no issues having simultaneous worldwide releases on dozens of carriers, but BB can't? Carriers aren't too blame, it's the company

Then why do the carriers admit it?

Previous BB owners wanting to me a new one. Color me shocked.

If everyone hated BlackBerry and can't wait to get off their devices why wouldn't they switch? According to you it seems they should be ready to jump. Obviously, that is not the case.

Get back to me when the next iPhone comes out. We're in the middle of a transition period for smartphones. There is so much hype for the upcoming Galaxy S4. Nothing yet for the iPhone because it's a couple months out.
Yes, I will get back to you when the new iPhone comes out. And yes it will sell and people will stand outside to get them. Funny thing is that when the Galaxy S3 came out, not many people stood in line for it? Does that make it a failure? I will also come here when apple does another iOS update and pisses off IT admins.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Not really. Apple is within days of pushing out updates for the screen lock bug. Unlike BB, Apple doesn't ignore their products.

Only BB fans cry about a double standard.

If you love BB so much, why don't you spend the $$$ and buy one? T-Mobile LTE is a pathetic excuse because your area probably won't have it anytime soon (judging by their poor 3G footprint in the US)
Really? I already explained I'm waiting for T-Mobile to release it. Sorry, I guess I'm not made out of money. I also don't feel like paying up to $400 above MSRP. Also with T-Mobile I'm grandfathered into Unlimited EVERYTHING data, which includes hotspot. Not getting rid of it.

I'm not saying that Apple is not fast doing updates, but the increased log file creation issue and passcode bypass bug is just unacceptable. Can you tell me when BlackBerry has ****ed up a security issue in recent time? Remember, just one lost phone can cause a company to lose hundreds, thousands, even MILLIONS of dollars.

BlackBerry does updates through the carrier. Which BlackBerry did for YEARS before Apple.
Apple forces it through iTunes.
BlackBerry(at least overseas) is not having updates pushed by the carriers for BB10.

Tell me which is easier for the manufacturer? The problem in the USA is plain and simply carrier interaction.

Also do you work for a phone store? It seems I should be asking you what the next cool phone is when the S4 comes out.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:43 PM

BlackBerry Experience Forum

Experience the power of BlackBerry 10 for yourself through hands-on demonstrations with the latest BlackBerry 10 devices and partner solutions. See the comprehensive BlackBerry business and productivity app portfolio, leading app management framework and discuss the specifics of your unique mobility needs with our team of experts.

Aimed to connect with IT decision-makers, enterprise leaders, and enterprise developers – the BlackBerry Experience Forum has been created with our BlackBerry enterprise customers in mind. In addition to a keynote address hosted by the senior BlackBerry leadership team, we also have a series of breakout sessions that will dive into the details surrounding: device management, security, applications, unified communications and collaboration capabilities.

BlackBerry works to balance employee and corporate needs to keep your business moving. Join us at the BlackBerry Experience Forum and discover how.

Last edited by 1Dreamer; 02-17-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
BlackBerry Experience Forum

Experience the power of BlackBerry 10 for yourself through hands-on demonstrations with the latest BlackBerry 10 devices and partner solutions. See the comprehensive BlackBerry business and productivity app portfolio, leading app management framework and discuss the specifics of your unique mobility needs with our team of experts.

Aimed to connect with IT decision-makers, enterprise leaders, and enterprise developers – the BlackBerry Experience Forum has been created with our BlackBerry enterprise customers in mind. In addition to a keynote address hosted by the senior BlackBerry leadership team, we also have a series of breakout sessions that will dive into the details surrounding: device management, security, applications, unified communications and collaboration capabilities.

BlackBerry works to balance employee and corporate needs to keep your business moving. Join us at the BlackBerry Experience Forum and discover how.

Dude, are you a robot or what?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Bimmer App
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 PM

BlackBerry maker BlackBerry (BBRY) got more votes of confidence today, with Jefferies & Co.'s Peter Misek reiterating a Buy rating on the stock and a $19.50 price target, citing his "store checks" showing "solid demand" for the recently released "Z10" touch-screen BlackBerry, and Wells Fargo's Maynard Um taking over coverage of the stock from Jennifer Fritzsche and raising it to an Outperform from Market Perform with a $19 to $20 "valuation range."

Misek writes that he's contacted 50 stores following the debut of the Z10 at last week's media event in New York; the phone went on sale in the U.K. the next day, and in Canada this week, with RIM yesterday saying that it had its best product debut ever in Canada, based on initial order patterns.

Misek found that "half of the stores were sold out" in Canada, with Toronto and Vancouver stores In Toronto and Vancouver most of the remaining stores only had limited stock (generally a few white Z10s) with more stock available in the Prairie provinces." Best Buy (BBY) stores in Canada had a "hugely successful launch," he cites the chain as saying.

In contrast to a report yesterday from Canaccord Genuity's Mike Walkley, who said that Z10 supplies were limited to 15 units in most stores, Misek thinks supplies were generally higher than that:

Some larger stores had 30-50 in their initial shipment with flagships getting 100+. Most stores had limited information on the timing and size of additional shipments as BBRY drop ships but most expected more early next week.

However, Misek is actually more interested in BlackBerry's new "BlackBerry Enterprise Server," or BES, version 10, rolled out last month, which promises to manage multiple devices, including Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and phones based on Google's (GOOG) Android software, not just BlackBerry.

He thinks the trend is looking good for adoption of the software:

After our initial upgrade and highlighting of Blackberry's new MDM strategy, several clients have noted that Blackberry is not listed on Gartner's magic quadrant for MDM. We believe this is due to RIM's true MDM offering being new, and based on our checks we believe Gartner will add Blackberry to its next update. We have no idea what the grade will be but based on our anecdotal checks most enterprises that have trialed BES 10 seem truly impressed. We believe 1,600 out of Blackberry's estimated 10,000 enterprise installed base were trialing before the formal download was made available about two week ago. Since then we believe hundreds of additional enterprises have downloaded the BES 10 server software and that overall 20% of the Fortune 500 are in trials. We believe the additional enterprise trials are beginning to support our BES thesis.

Wells's Um today writes he upgraded the stock based on a belief that "gross margin will improve as the mix of BB10 devices ramps and the existing BB7 portfolio (negative gross margin) declines."

Um is modeling sales of the Z10, and of the forthcoming QWERTY Q10 model, to sell perhaps 1.5 million units in its first quarter, based on having signed up 13 carriers. He thinks that compares quite favorably with new product introductions by Palm, which had 720,000 in sales of its "Pre" smartphone when it came out in 2009 on Sprint-Nextel (S), and Motorola, now part of Google, with its "CLIQ/Droid," which sold 2 million units. There could even be higher sales than he's expecting, and every 100,000 additional Z10 units sold adds another 2 cents to BlackBerry's EPS, he writes.

Despite lots of challenges and "unknowns" for BlackBerry, writes Um, sales of Z10 with a higher profit margin will lift overall company gross margin:

We believe a key determinant of valuation for BlackBerry will be its ability to drive increased gross margins on the back of BlackBerry 10. Prior to BlackBerry 10, we estimate BlackBerry was generating a gross profit loss on its hardware devices sales. We estimate BlackBerry 10 devices will have gross margin of around 27%. Our assumption is based on the analysis of other companies that have launched new products at similar price points – namely Motorola and Palm. In fact, by our calculation, both Palm and Motorola had higher gross margins than what we are forecasting for BlackBerry. However, we are estimating a lower gross margin on the view that the company will be aggressive with co-marketing, some of which will be an above-the-line item that impacts gross margin. [...] Despite this, we expect mix of BlackBerry 10 to drive gross margin upward as shown in the following chart. We forecast hardware gross margin to increase to 13.6% in FY 2014 from -3.8% in FY 2013. This is predicated on the view that legacy BlackBerry 7 hardware will decline year over year and new BlackBerry 10 hardware will increase year over year.

Um adds that BlackBerry's service revenue from corporations will hold up for a little while:

We believe enterprise service revenue (52% of BlackBerry's service revenue) will not be impacted materially until FY2015 given the timing of the release of the BES 10 service pack and we have already modeled the potential impact to consumer service revenue.

Um is modeling $11.4 billion for this fiscal year ending this month, and a net loss of $1.08, and $12.66 billion next year and a net loss of 22 cents. The Street is modeling $11.3 billion and $1.17 loss this year, and $12.4 billion and a 51-cent loss for next year.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ays-jefferies/

Last edited by MCSL; 02-18-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
The bot is back in town...

2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
2011 550ix M sport (gone)
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 AM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilner View Post
The bot is back in town...
is it only me that sees a thread "unsubscribe" option?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW View Post
is it only me that sees a thread "unsubscribe" option?
Your English has definitely improved over the years
330 Coupe Sold
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
I can't believe this fukcing troll still gets replies in this thread
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
If you want to post technical info or discuss the phone, OK, but it IS getting to the point where you're just spamming the board daily with this stuff to bump your thread.

No more of this, OK? If you want to talk about YOUR battery life with the phone, how YOU like it more than the iPhone and why, or any other experience you've had, fine, but no spamming.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
I can't believe this fukcing troll still gets replies in this thread
I can't believe he B slapped 1Dreamer by paying no attention to what he said. He must be a computer program...

2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
2011 550ix M sport (gone)
Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
MCSL = Stuxnet?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Can BlackBerry10 Already Be Called a Flop?
The importance of the recently-launched BlackBerry 10 operating system to its maker is a well chronicled saga; if BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) ever wanted to regain a foothold in the smartphone market, its newly upgraded operating system was the vehicle with which to do it. But with reports of low shipments in both the United Kingdom and Canada - the only two markets where the company's new phones are currently available - streaming on an almost daily basis, that possibility seems increasingly unlikely. Forbes has gone as far as to say that BlackBerry 10 "may have been an enormous, recording-breaking flop."More here:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/c...p.html/?ref=YF

Last edited by Sportsdad; 02-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Closed Thread