Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
CD player won't work

Ok so as most of you know I took apart stuff to get to my gummy volume knob. While doing that I noticed that spider girl had put spare change into my CD player.

After puling 75 cents out it won't work. All fuses are good need to check the one in the back of the unit but I didn't know if that is only for cd or also for DVD. Nav DVD works fine so if its for both then I don't need to tear it apart again. Ideas.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1361173564.697562.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	362763  
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
ouch.... I feel your pain. Just the usual - take it apart to remove all coins, replace fuse and hope it still works with no permanent damage. My guess is that maybe you didn't get all the coins out yet as they could have slipped down out of sight.

Cute pic... although right now you're thinking she's not so cute...

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
Ok so as most of you know I took apart stuff to get to my gummy volume knob. While doing that I noticed that spider girl had put spare change into my CD player.

After puling 75 cents out it won't work. All fuses are good need to check the one in the back of the unit but I didn't know if that is only for cd or also for DVD. Nav DVD works fine so if its for both then I don't need to tear it apart again. Ideas.......
The top tray next to your gummy knob is CD only. Although it can play MP3 discs if you are a 2006 or newer (or a 2004/2005 with MP3 playback turned on).

The DVD tray below that can play both music CD's, MP3 CD's, and MP3 DVD discs. Of course you lose NAV functionality and the Map display when you pull out the Nav DVD and insert a music CD/DVD.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
Hi Mark I didn't know the DVD player would play CD's as well. I will try it. Thanks!

Greg I will take another look maybe you are right more coins are still inside. Thanks!