Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Somebody stop me....

Mein Auto: EW/// 86
I'm not in here to talk sh1t, but to ask for pictures.

Can we please see the engine(mainly the intake setup) and a few pictures from outside the car?
You can’t spend all your time worrying about where your next Twinkie is going to come from, so follow rule #32 and Enjoy The Little Things.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoliver2 View Post
drivin faster you posted once before on my forum with great help. YOur jut not understanding
Fcuk, you own this whole forum. Hu um um. Please Mr. agoliver2 don’t be mad I swear I will behave. Mr. agoliver2 I am sure df has been helpful more than once. I know he has helped many people over the year, please don’t harm him.

Quote:
and southpark what do you mean sniff me out
It was more of a comment on how hard it is to be at least 1,000 miles away from BS, but you are sure not helping that fact.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy peddle, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 PM

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
well if 'proof' is what you are trying to give us, a youtube vid of a cluster isn't much to go on.

there is no 'go' signal, green light, or other starting point other than what is percieved by the viewer.

the speedometer reaching the 60mph mark is nice, but doesn't 'prove' you hit 60 at that exact moment. a radar gun is necessary for that.

there was no radar gun in the vid anywhere, or 'ready set go', for that matter. (which is why i posted the times i did in a previous post, it's where it appeared to me to be the 'start and stop' times.)

again, nobody is saying your car is slow. we're just saying based upon your claims of 5.6 or 5.8 seconds to go from 0-60 with the mods you listed is like saying to a math teacher 3x3=242. it doesn't add up. when you show a video (or, in this case, multiple ones) that simply show a cluster with the speedo going from 0-whatever, that's all we can say, is it goes to whatever.

your claims of what your car has or hasn't done are just that. subjective claims. as i asked before, are you the original owner?? perhaps the car has been in the family since new?? if not, then how you know the car is all original?? who's to say the previous owner didn't have a reflash to upgrade the pcm?? who's to say the radiator expansion tank grenaded @ 86k and roasted the headgasket, cracking the head?? in which case, someone may have put a different motor in there....

there are simply too many variables that are not able to be confirmed, as well as statements made that do not add up to verifiable and documented data (from multiple sources, mind you) that would set precident to disprove your claims.

again, not calling your car slow. i'm just saying your statement to why your car is as fast as you think it is simply does not correspond to the volumes of data collected that would establish what is needed to make the vehicle as fast as you claim.

the only other way that i could suggest that you 'prove' your statements would be to run the vehicle down the 1/4 mile track and post the timeslip. they have accurate clocking devices and may even be able to determine your 0-60 speed as well.

otherwise, this thread continues to dissolve into a quagmire of random posts of videos that prove nothing more than the operation of the speedometer and tach, namecalling, and atrocious spelling and appalling grammar. i, for one, do not have the stomach for the last two.

df
Old 02-17-2013, 10:35 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 323i
travman I will have to upload them tomorrow because I have to take the pictures it really is a great setup I probably have the only one on a e36 bmw and the pipes are from home depot & 2 1 foot long filters on each side you should do it ! I was going to start selling it as a kit you just have to tweak a couple minor things. People who I show this too are amazed. drivinfasert is just one of the ones who doesn't understand my setup and you can congratulate your ego somewhere else. You can just stop posting on this forum southpark too because you were agreeing now your on the side with the mr know it all about bmws because your bs is really getting to me and what car do you have btw?drivinfast? hmm I wonder

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 PM

and I understand your claims but you don't need all that technical stuff. that's just to get it to a tenth of a second if you cant use a phone and a play button then you have more issues than we can see. and I never said that you said my car is slow just you underestimate things based on what you know and not whats actually true. In reality my car is probably a 6 second car and im very proud of it. its a really fun car and im proud regarless of your tehnical terms you must not understand my setup. I will post pictures to show you and everyone bases their car to 60 mostly on a video that's what youtubes for not with a radar gun come on. your trying to get it to a tenth here and I highly doubt my car was modified a l the guy who changed my oil when I got it 5 years ago said it was the blackest oil hes ever seem. I mean if she cant change her oil, what makes you think he would re flash the pcm come on now really?

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
df owns multiple Bimmers. I've the 328is in my mein auto. It is not a case of "mr know it all about bmws" it is a case of being active members of an enthusiast forum (or several forums in the case of many of us) and collectively decades of BMW experience.

Skippy, wait for BF.e. Or any of many meets in the NE and you will meet quite a few of us.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
southpark too because you were agreeing now your on the side with the mr know it all about bmws because your bs is really getting to me
I never agreed with you. The fact that the number I came up with, with my iPhone was the closest to your unrealistic number is just an unfortunate coincidence.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy peddle, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 PM

I know there are many of you and your obviously not timing it right or don't want to admit that's its surprisingly true. ive stated 5 times that ive raced cars that do 6sec to 60 but you guys are just being very aggressive and acting like im talking about a Mercedes in here. and honestly all the negative people once again can kindly leave like I don't care if he has 40 years of experience until he is in my car he will see and time it again and again and again when the freakin speedo moves then to 60 it does around 6 whats so hard. dam man like keep goin I hope this thread goes to the most popular viewed really like this is absurd ill go all day and night. I have videos and don't give me that 6.4 bs you said you did it twice I got 6 but we all have differences obviously drivinfast just wants to start **** thats why he said 7 im sure if he takes out a bimmer that he has that does 7 he will be quite surprised. other forums don't argue they just help out and be nice you guys are excuse me but assholes

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM
The Canadian Prick.

I am not an asshole, I am a prick. It is clearly stated in my avatar block.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 PM

lmaoo either way I didn't even see that. probably the only laugh ive had on this thread btw completely off thread but how fast is ur car to 60 it looks really nice any mods besides rims?

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
don't give me that 6.4 bs you said you did it twice I got 6 but we all have differences obviously drivinfast just wants to start **** thats why he said 7
In that same post I also said that I do not think your car can even do not to 60 in 7 seconds. Also, I figured out why my numbers were so optimistic. The first time I was starting the timer when I saw the speedo move, but you have automatic and were moving before I could see it in the speedo. I just retimed the video. Starting the timer when the RMPs jumped I got 7.1, 7, 7, 7.2.

Last edited by southpark11235; 02-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Clutch, flywheel, suspension, E46 brakes, full exhaust - headers through tips, intake, tune, then several electronic goodies. For 0-60? I'm running about 6.3 ish. This is with stock 2.93:1 open diff. That will be changing as my next real mod.

Last edited by jonesin; 02-17-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 PM

yes but you don't get an accurate time that way, I did that too and got 6.2. but start it when the speedo moves bc it obviously moves slower because of the sudden motion/ just try it I do it my friends do it why cant you ? and after the start it flies like an m3 ive timed it with one. if your getting 7 second then either you have a delay on your phone or your fingers I can guarantee that. like ive said for the 7th time ive raced car that do 6 to 60. you I guess are all just trying to agree on a lie because it doesn't do that. it does like 6 ive gotten lower by which is pretty sad. you guys just add a second to everything I guess it comes by so fast that you cant react in time lol. its fast you are just having a hard time accepting it . and why hasent anyone said anything about the 1998 bmw 323is video tht i posed huh im curious i guess its magic too "drivinfast" and southpark11235 is yours stick?

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM

jonesin wow so does it do like an m3 to 60 ? what does it do 6 seconds and a stick? and what like dinan mods from the dealership > I was going to do a stage 3 because of the mods I have it was around like 1000dollars which is a lot for minimal performance according to the dealer. and im assuming you have 2 pipes running grom your headers to your exhaust. i put headers on my car and exhaust and custom dual intake and its a 2 pipe up to a certain point till it hits the cat on my car. i wish we could race you would be surprised.. im looking to get a 2003-2005 m3 and modding the hell out of it but i love my 323ic convertible & u think ull get a better to 60 time with a differnet diff? like how much

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 PM
The Canadian Prick.

We don't have a hard time accepting fast cars. We simply will not believe that a stock 15 year old automatic convertible (the heaviest model made) with the second smallest and most mechanically restricted engine will be faster off the line than a far lighter manual car with a 28% displacement advantage (3.2L vs. 2.5L) that was designed to be about performance.

Is this concept that foreign to you?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:41 PM

i completly agree with you but it is strange. i wish there was another way i could prove it to . i hope you do this take my video and compare it with the 97 m3 stock video you can start at 0 but at 10 or 20 will be ore accurate for the to 60 purpose. i want you to tell me what you thought honeslty like its pretty close. i hope you do just to show the other guys on this thread they are wrong. because its pretty even if now mines a tad slower.

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Tell you what. I'll leave you with this, then let you figure out what my car is designed for.

Now I'll give you this, and let you figure out what your car is designed for.

http://www.apexgarage.com/tech/gear_ratios.shtml

And where to find the information to fill that out:

(P.S. your car came with a 3.91:1 final drive)
Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
yes but you don't get an accurate time that way, I did that too and got 6.2. but start it when the speedo moves bc it obviously moves slower because of the sudden motion
It is 0 to 60 times we are talking about, not 1 to 60. That 0.6 seconds where your car is moving but is not fast enough to make a visible change to the speedo still count.

Quote:
southpark11235 is yours stick?
Yes, my car has a manual transmission.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 AM

That's your car you posted it looks like mine almost but my car shifts out of 3rd gear at 112 mph. But that is true but the speedo is what most people base their 0-60 on. Even so I started when the speedo moved and got like 6.2. So still most people are off !!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 AM

ed, jthe poor guy has a hard time with reason and rational, please don't confuse and frustrate him by throwing math at him. apparently he doesn't like 'technical ctuff'.

maybe we could send him a bushel of apples to add this all up??

df
Old 02-18-2013, 06:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark11235 View Post
Who? Can you post a link to the thread(s).
His user name was Cuahtemoc1. Most threads were outrageous claims that couldn't be backed up and didn't survive logic. They usually ended up in a lock because his replies got out of hand. Last one I remember was him claiming to get like 350 rwhp from a CAI install or something like that. Posted a video of his car blowing the engine while trying to get said rwhp numbers on a dyno. Do a search on the user name and you should get some of the interesting posts to show up.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1994 325i sedan
Quote:
Our jut not understanding and southpark what do you mean sniff me out like if anything the people should read this forum and sniff all your negativity and bull**** out that you guys say. like you guys should be supporting me gosh I feel like I would be on a Mercedes benz forum posting my 323ic on with all this negativity im getting dam. I asked a simple question and ive been on this forum since the beginning of 2011 so newer that you southpark11235 who claims he can sniff people out with what? your own bs. im getting tired of this I guess you didnt watch the other video I just posted where's the criticism on that. that's what I thought like just accept it and be happy like really. instead of negativety that's what it does ive proved it to you cmon "dood" if anything your ruining your own reputation by denying proof right in front of you so you can go back to the shop I guess I have a unique one watch the vid above from someone else. you are doubting everything I gave you 2 videos man.

The video is a car with a manual that isnt yours. If you dont like the negativity then leave. Your convertible is by definition according to bmw an executive sports sedan and since its a 'vert its heavier than my four door. Time slips have a funny way of proving talk. So post it up or know that we will not be convinced by double talk. Im sure your ram air is a real hoot but nobody cares about it except old men in mustangs and cavemen that hear big words strung together and assume technical prowess. P.s. Its a pleasure to meet another Suffolk county bmw enthusiast. Way to keep up the image of an insufferable know it all with no common sense and a mouth as wide as the I495.

1994 325i (current)
2006 325i (current)
1995 525i
1990 325i
1988 Jetta 8v
1987 Gti 16v

1985 Jaguar Xj6
1984 Jaguar Xj6
1966 Mustang
1965 Falcon Wagon
1961 Buick Special
1962 Buick Special Wagon
1955 Pontiac Cheiftan
1961 Falcon Tudor
1962 Faclon Ranchero
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 AM

Reillym3 first off its nice to meet another enthusiast too. U say long islander when ur in Cali guessing u moved but you don't understand I have posted 4 videos the first two are my car and the 3 rd one is the 97 m3 stock last one is of another 98 323is that no one has commented on ! So I guess I've proved my point ! If you would look back in the thread you will see the videos instead of coming in to this convo now with your 6 th sense there 3 of you who seem to know better than what my car can do but hell everyone has their own thoughts and if you guys don't want to compare my video to the 97 m3. Try it !! Start at 0 or 10 to get accurate reading bc some of you guys don't know how to press play. Until you do that?? Don't talk more crap. The other 323is on here is fast but you guys just ignore it instead of being happy. I guess that's what you "regulars" are for

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 AM
The Canadian Prick.

I will try to simplify this process for you.

Your car cannot do 5.6 seconds 0-60 with the modifications that you have claimed.

Full Stop.

End of story.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 AM

you have a fast car. yay!!!

you are right because you posted a vid on you tube, and all of the other sources that use things like math and dynos to prove their perfomance products actually do what they claim are just haters because the butt dyno and best buy camera trump all that technical crap.

i am so sorry, please forgive me for ever doubting you. i am on my way now to home depot to get some ubber cheap tubing and pipes to make my own custom *quad* ram air intake. this will be so much faster because i don't have the restrictive 323ci exhaust, and, i'm going to add turbonators in each intake.

gonna break 5 seconds, 0-60. (you'll just have to start counting @ 30mph, tho....)

df