Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 740iL
You cannot just walk up to him and shoot him. He has to be attack you or coming at you with a weapon in hands in order for you to shoot him. I know how you feel, I am a homicide cop so but you don't want me to be in your case, meaning you'd be a victim. Well, you could run for office, then you get 24 hrs secret services protection.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you "seen" anyone about this whole situation? Sounds like maybe you could use a therapist... No disrespect intended.
I don't take your thoughts in a bad way. Quite the opposite. I appreciate your concern. One of the first people I spoke to near the day this happened was our own Bimmerfest resident therapist, Mr Shafer. He helped me gain a perspective on what was ahead. It was especially tough for the first few weeks. He was great at helping me understand that what I was working through was perfectly normal.

I spoke to my Dr. who recommended that some folks are better able to work through stuff like this (PTSD) with medication. I declined- or at least deferred in case I felt more time had passed than necessary. I never did take him up on the offer. Maybe I've bought into the stigma of medication. I say that because I really have no solid reason for turning it down other than I just didn't want to do it. I don't know what that means other than it just was my preference.

Other than that, I have not talked to someone about the 'flipped switch' in some time. That was my biggest problem, really. The notion that I wanted to kill a man. That I still want to. And that I would honestly have a problem answering that what I had done was wrong given the circumstances at my house or in a confrontation. I struggle with the idea that I could be OK delivering this man to his death.

As I said at the first post, I had always talked a big game. But when it came to it the first time, I had everything I needed but the weapon. And when it came to it the second time, I had everything I needed but justification.

A terribly odd set of circumstances. I'm having trouble finding the bright side in our latest interaction. I'm an eternal optimist without a light for this one. And that's another switch that's been flipped. I really don't like that man.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 740iL
Ok, just don't shoot him in the back or when he was going back to the car, meaning he's leaving, not threatening you anymore. If he broke the door down and gained access inside, then it is justified to shoot. A good sneaky lawyer would make the fact to fiction telling the judge you're trigger happy. But you and your family's safety is the most important in this incident. Glad you're able to turn the table on him.