Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)

F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)
BMW's entrance into the 4 door coupe segment to go head to head with the Audi A7 and MB CLS

Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 M650 Gran Coupe
DriveTrain Malfunction

Hi,

Am new here. Just bought myself a M650 Gran Coupe November 2012 and love the car. Today, however, I received a message to top up my engine oil so on the way to the BMW service center, at the stop light I revved the engine and suddenly appeared 'Drivetrain Malfunction, maximum power not available, drive to the nearest BMW service center'.

The engine was sputtering all the way to the BMW center. Was fortunate that the center was close to my villa. The Service Center professional shall be looking at the car and will update me tomorrow.

The car has only 2000 kms - still new. I wonder if anyone had the same experience and wonder if it is anything major?

Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?p=7384352
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Mein Auto: 650 Gran Coupe
I've had the same problem. I went through the other thread on this issue, and I noticed there seems to be a multitude of causes. The first time my two month old 650 Gran Coupe had the infamous drive train malfunction, the car was in the shop for over a month waiting on a fuel injector sensor from Germany. Now it's in the shop for the second time, and this time around it's a high pressure fuel pump, another problem part for BMW according to many posts. Once again, a 2 plus week wait already, and now the part from Germany is supposed to be shipped today. So far, this car, while gorgeous with great performance when it runs, has been extremely disappointing. I'm beginning to question my pruchase.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ in Dallas View Post
I've had the same problem. I went through the other thread on this issue, and I noticed there seems to be a multitude of causes. The first time my two month old 650 Gran Coupe had the infamous drive train malfunction, the car was in the shop for over a month waiting on a fuel injector sensor from Germany. Now it's in the shop for the second time, and this time around it's a high pressure fuel pump, another problem part for BMW according to many posts. Once again, a 2 plus week wait already, and now the part from Germany is supposed to be shipped today. So far, this car, while gorgeous with great performance when it runs, has been extremely disappointing. I'm beginning to question my pruchase.
Seems like the HPFP issue that plagued BMW's car in the past? So, the issue have not really been resolved? I would be sick to my stomach were I to suffer what you have.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ in Dallas View Post
I would ask BMWusa to repurchase ur vehicle
Pm me if u would like me to walk you through it
Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps