Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth View Post
DO NOT FORGET THE LAVENDER!!

You will be in Provence in prime lavender season. This is NOT to be missed.
Thanks a lot for the advise, will definitely put it on the list of things to do in Provence.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 AM

Mein Auto: bicycle (vintage ~1990)
neurom, who should I ask for at the Warwick dealership? I live on Aquidneck Island and have been eyeing the X1. The thought of an ED just occurred to me and so I'm trying to get up to speed on the process. BMW of Newport doesn't seem to be knowledgeable on it.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinderhauler View Post
neurom, who should I ask for at the Warwick dealership? I live on Aquidneck Island and have been eyeing the X1. The thought of an ED just occurred to me and so I'm trying to get up to speed on the process. BMW of Newport doesn't seem to be knowledgeable on it.
I pm'd you.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
After all the feedback here, this is my updated itinerary:

June 20-Boston to Munich
June 21-ED pickup, day at the Welt, spend night in Munich, recover, go to a beer garden, and
stay at Ibis Muenchen City Nord
June 22-AM Dachau am, by noon depart towards Ischgl, lunch near Garmisch, take Silvettra pass to spend night in Ischgl, Austria,
June 23-AM back on Silvretta through Gaschurn to Bludenz, Feldkirch (optional stops) and south avoiding Zurich towards Lauterbrunnen parking, cable car to Mürren for a three night stay.
June 24-25 Spend the days hiking around, hopping in cable cars, visiting Klein Scheidegg, Mt Eiger, Jungfraujoch, Wengen, etc
June 26 Drive down to Cinque Terre, stop in Cernobbio for lunch (probably Il Gatto Nero) stay in Levanto for 3 nights (hotel has parking)
June 27,28- Explore CT towns on foot, train, boat
June 29 Drive to St Remy de Provence, stopping in Antibes for lunch. Rented a house in town with pool for a week
June 30-July 5- Town hopping in Provence (Nimes, Pont du Gard, Arles, Orange and Côtes du Rhone, Avignon
July 6 Depart Provence, stay two nights at Hotel Le Hameau, St Paul-de-Vence, Eze
July 8 Nice dropoff (Monday am) to take a 12:45pm flight back to the US

Great to have feedback to chisel the trip. Thanks!

Agree, this is a really nice itinerary.

I've driven a portion of that route (non ED).

in St Remy - you can get a walking tour map from the local tourist office and do a nice self-guided tour (clearly marked) that takes you from the town center to the asylum along the points that served as inspiration for Van Gogh's paintings. Nice walking tour.

Don't forget the town of Bonnieux - the views from there are spectacular.

Same for Lacoste. Marquis de Sade castle ruins and awesome views.