Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 AM
dannyc9997's Avatar
dannyc9997 dannyc9997 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,404
Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
However please point out where I said in my post he left her at full MSRP. You can't - because I never said that. Those are words you chose to add. MSRP was first price quoted.
Here you go

Quote:
His response? Full MSRP. The back-and-forths only got worse from there
Where exactly did you say he gave her a discounted price? Sounds like he never did according to this information. Got worse from there? Did the price go up?

That's what the average person reading this would think, and it's clearly not what happened. I don't know either of you, have no hand in this, but it's just not fair to come on here and misrepresent the information
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 AM
neurom neurom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 678
Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
but there is "NO" excuse for being rude etc. to a customer.
End of subject.
cheers
vern
Vern, I totally agree with that statement, do you think I am excusing rudeness? Lets say the CA in question was rude, which I am not saying he was one way or another, I don't think neither you nor I can really tell, as there are two sides to the story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between. My contention is that some factual inaccuracies, the tone of the OP, and the CA's established reputation affected the credibility of the story and did not help his case. The CA has offered to show the contents of the email communication as evidence and the OP has not. Rude and arrogant, right or wrong, is really just his opinion and he did not support it well with facts. Before posting here, I would have got on the phone and talked to the CA directly to try to sort things out and use facts, not opinions, if I was to negatively and publicly make comments and name names when that affects their livelihood. If no one had come to his defense, then what OP states on what essentially was a rant may have been accepted as fact. The fact that some of us who have dealt with him have come to his defense should say something about his professional character.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
shadowboxer shadowboxer is offline
Registered User
Location: DFW
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyc9997 View Post
Here you go



Where exactly did you say he gave her a discounted price? Sounds like he never did according to this information. Got worse from there? Did the price go up?

That's what the average person reading this would think, and it's clearly not what happened. I don't know either of you, have no hand in this, but it's just not fair to come on here and misrepresent the information
Maybe that's what YOU thought. Not what I said.

And Neurom - that 'culture of respect' is a two way street. The dealer needs to show it also. Once again you have picked and chosen what I wrote. You stated "before posting here...should have gotten on the phone". As stated in a previous post, they DID talk on the phone.

You clearly had your mind made up, and now just are being argumentative. OK by me. Every time you post something more that twists what I said to fit the narrative you prefer, it simply bumps to the top of this section our bad experience with Alex.

Also, since you clearly have chosen to pick and chose from my posts, when you reread the first post again, please note no where did I mention Alex's name. It was about the dealership. Another poster asked for names.

So, clearly you are the kind of internet-poster that believes you have some type of super-insight into the 'truth' based on twisted readings, and the fact that the Alex has previous satisfied buyers.

I would once again point out I have repeatedly stated that others may have had a good experience with him, but all this is clearly lost on you.

FACT - He did not treat us well, quoted full MSRP as the first price on the phone to my mother when she asked him to stop playing games (she had a print out from the BMW web site she read to him listing the packages she wanted and already knew MSRP - his claim that he only told her what MSRP was and she misunderstood is disingenuous at best).

You can claim otherwise till the cows come home, but you are wrong and you can't just accept it. But that's ok. Alex knows why he lost the deal, we know why he lost the deal, and that's the way it is.

I really don't care what you believe, or how you'll continue to twist what the truth is. I will simply come back again and point out (again) Alex may have satisfied customers, but he blew it with us. So maybe, just maybe, he's not the superhero you think he is.

We have no ill-will towards him. But I do find your posts and twisting of my posts entertaining. And again, it simply bumps to the top our bad experience.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
vern vern is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,739
Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
Vern, I totally agree with that statement, do you think I am excusing rudeness? Lets say the CA in question was rude, which I am not saying he was one way or another, I don't think neither you nor I can really tell, as there are two sides to the story and the truth usually lies somewhere in between. My contention is that some factual inaccuracies, the tone of the OP, and the CA's established reputation affected the credibility of the story and did not help his case. The CA has offered to show the contents of the email communication as evidence and the OP has not. Rude and arrogant, right or wrong, is really just his opinion and he did not support it well with facts. Before posting here, I would have got on the phone and talked to the CA directly to try to sort things out and use facts, not opinions, if I was to negatively and publicly make comments and name names when that affects their livelihood. If no one had come to his defense, then what OP states on what essentially was a rant may have been accepted as fact. The fact that some of us who have dealt with him have come to his defense should say something about his professional character.
Read the total posts on pissed off at Morristowm BMW. Many didn't have any dealings with them. Because they gave such a detailed post they believed there BS but others that had dealings with them knew better and surly expressed themselves. Moral of the story ,if you don't know personally whats going on it pays to be quite. Read the post, you decide. Good luck
cheers
vern
__________________
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM
MMME30W's Avatar
MMME30W MMME30W is offline
Super Moderator
Location: On The Move
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14,175
Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
Along with looking to purchase a BMW for myself in the DFW area, my mother in the Boston area is looking to purchase (order) her first BMW also.

I saw BMW of Peabody was a site sponsor, so I gave her the contact info of the sponsor contact for her to deal with, and to tell him she got his info from me off this forum.

She knows everything she wants, and simply contacted him for a price.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe how rude and arrogant he was to her. When he started to play games with her, she asked him to stop with the games, that she was willing to purchase that day, and what was his best price.

His response? Full MSRP. The back-and-forths only got worse from there.

I apologize for being a newbie and calling out a site sponsor. I'm sure a dozen people will chime in chastise me and come to BMW of Peabody's defense. That may be true in their dealings with them, but not ours.

I'm ready to accept the flack I may receive. I am not ready to accept a dealer giving my mom (in her late 60's) an attitude and big time arrogance.

Shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adytko@BMWPeabody View Post
Here is Alex , who seemed to be rude to someone's mom. There were two emails in correspondence with MSRP and discounted price. Not 4 not 10. If everyone needs to see the contest of them to judge : I have no problems doing that.

Thank Youo for your supprt and best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adytko@BMWPeabody View Post
I showed the MSRP and selling price( which was significantly less ) , not quotted MSRP. Broken radio...
I cant square these two stories.

I'm going to pull a judge Judy and ask FOR ONE POST AND ONE POST ONLY from both of you, then I will render a verdict - Rude arrogance or Hypersensitive Consumer...

Remember:Be accurate, be factual! Leave emotion at the door...

Cue theme music...

__________________
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.”

- J.C. Watts Jr.

Last edited by MMME30W; 02-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
neurom neurom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 678
Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Read the total posts on pissed off at Morristowm BMW. Many didn't have any dealings with them. Because they gave such a detailed post they believed there BS but others that had dealings with them knew better and surly expressed themselves. Moral of the story ,if you don't know personally whats going on it pays to be quite. Read the post, you decide. Good luck
cheers
vern
Vern, with all due respect, I just don't follow your logic or the relevance of some of what you are saying, why are you taking issue with me now? Why would I waste my time reading posts about Morristown BMW, and what do they have to do with criticism about the posted emotional and factually inaccurate content of the OP, proven by his own contradictions, which he denies, in written form in this thread? Do you know what went on more than the rest of us here? Is that why you are not quiet? Just to clarify, I have dealt face to face with the CA in question, bought two cars from him. And you are in New Jersey? I don't pretend to know all the details of what went on, I don't need to nor want to, all I have said is that there are always two sides to a story and we do know what went on this thread, and to take OP derogatory comments at face value as fact is foolish without hearing the whole story. That is it. What is your quarrel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
I cant square these two stories.

I'm going to pull a judge Judy and ask FOR ONE POST AND ONE POST ONLY from both of you, then I will render a verdict - Rude arrogance or Hypersensitive Consumer...

Remember:Be accurate, be factual! Leave emotion at the door...

Cue theme music...

Well said. Truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 AM
vern vern is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,739
Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
Vern, with all due respect, I just don't follow your logic or the relevance of some of what you are saying, why are you taking issue with me now? Why would I waste my time reading posts about Morristown BMW, and what do they have to do with criticism about the posted emotional and factually inaccurate content of the OP, proven by his own contradictions, which he denies, in written form in this thread? Do you know what went on more than the rest of us here? Is that why you are not quiet? Just to clarify, I have dealt face to face with the CA in question, bought two cars from him. And you are in New Jersey? I don't pretend to know all the details of what went on, I don't need to nor want to, all I have said is that there are always two sides to a story and we do know what went on this thread, and to take OP derogatory comments at face value as fact is foolish without hearing the whole story. That is it. What is your quarrel?
Whatever!!! Seems you have you own axe to grind
cheers
vern
__________________
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM
neurom neurom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 678
Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Whatever!!! Seems you have you own axe to grind
cheers
vern
No worries Vern, is not your ax. Good day.
__________________
2013 F10 M5 (ED, traded)
2011 M3 Vert (retired)
2011 X3 35i
2009 550i Msport (retired)
2007 E63 AMG (retired)
2005 750i (retired)
2006 Porsche Boxster S (retired)
2003 C32 AMG (retired)
2002 745i (retired, mistake)
1998 Toyota Camry (retired)
1997 Honda Civic
1995 Acura Integra
1991 GMC Safari
1986 Mazda 626
1982 Schwinn bicycle
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
vern vern is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,739
Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
No worries Vern, is not your ax. Good day.
You better believe IT. You also have a GOOD DAY
cheers
vern
__________________
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 AM
dannyc9997's Avatar
dannyc9997 dannyc9997 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,404
Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
Maybe that's what YOU thought. Not what I said
Maybe your eyes work different than mine, but you never said she was offered a discount until you were called out on it. Never.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 PM
tsoc88's Avatar
tsoc88 tsoc88 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 896
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Have purchased/leased 3 cars from Alex and what the OP wrote is totally contrary to my experience. BMW Peabody may not be the lowest price but I have found Alex's service to be beyond compare.
__________________
Z4 28i
328i 2012 Luxury Line[/COLOR]
X3 - 2012-retired
335Cabrio-2011 ED -retired
Z435i 2009 -retired

Z4 2004 -retired
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
sfiermon sfiermon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 390
Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
I just dealt with them. When price shopping , they wanted me there in person for a final price. I live an hour away. I sent them a decline message then a few weeks later I changed my mind on what model I wanted. I moved from a wagon to the x3. I reopened the bidding up and gave all dealers a second chance with credit card deposit in hand to show good faith. Peabody responded with MSRP. wouldn't go lower.

Bunch of jerks IMO.

Coincidentally, the dealer I ordered the wagon from which was cancelled was NOT the dealer I ordered the x3 from.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 AM
danmeyers99 danmeyers99 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 142
Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
I just dealt with them. When price shopping , they wanted me there in person for a final price. I live an hour away. I sent them a decline message then a few weeks later I changed my mind on what model I wanted. I moved from a wagon to the x3. I reopened the bidding up and gave all dealers a second chance with credit card deposit in hand to show good faith. Peabody responded with MSRP. wouldn't go lower.

Bunch of jerks IMO.

Coincidentally, the dealer I ordered the wagon from which was cancelled was NOT the dealer I ordered the x3 from.
Mmmm, not sure they are a bunch of jerks for asking MSRP. Were they not competitive? Yes it would appear. But jerks, not so much. Everyone has options on where to go to buy - if you don't believe a fair price is offered, you have the choice to go elsewhere; which you did in this case.

In my situation, they didn't play hardball, but didn't roll over either. In the end, I told them, point blank, here is what I will pay/accept on the trade. You can either do it or not (and I did this with my Amex in hand). If not, great, I'll go to uncle Herby (Herb Chambers) - I'd prefer to buy from you as you are local, but business is business, for you and me. Within a matter of 2 minutes, they agreed on the deal and we were done. They were great to deal with throughout the process.
__________________
2013 328i xdrive | Black Sapphire | Black Sport Seats w/Red Stitch | Sports Package | Technology | Premium | Cold | Harman Kardon | Alarm | Countless smiles to come
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
sfiermon sfiermon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 390
Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
I just don't like the back and forth and this was the ONLY dealer that did this with me. You are right....bunch of jerks was completely unjustified and I apologize for that comment. Consider it redacted. However, on the wagon (not even out and supply is very low), they offered me just over invoice. On a much more available X3, they said MSRP. I DID go back and asked if they would sell it to me for less and they said no. Whatever...I made my choice and went to a (IMO) better dealership.

Love the place I am going to be picking up my x3...treated awesome and the CA really knows his stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms