Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 AM

Mein Auto: 92 e34 525i
Euro market 525i different enuf to matter?

My first BMW was a 92 E34 M50 with 167000 miles on it. i was going to clean it up and sell it to make a dollar but soon found the value would be to keep it. That was three years and 50000+ miles ago. I have grown to love the car. Dependable economical and a blast to drive. I replaced the front struts, the water pump, ac compressor and the alternator as demand maintenance. I was pleasantly surprised to find parts on ebay or other internet outlets to be well within the range of many american products. I did the window tint, late model offset tires/wheels, deflector at the sun roof and the spoiler on the deck which gave me a ride I liked to drive and look at. All of that transpired in the first year or so in ownership. Since then I have watched for interior parts to become available while considering what I should do under the bonnet to keep the car road worthy and continue to pass the apperance test. It seems that the blue interior is somewhat rare and I was at the point of giving up until I spotted a deal on ebay. Leary of the seller with single didgit feedback i gambled and won a complete car with the same interior in much better shape. Turns out the e34 m50 I bid on and won is from the euro market and is in better shape all the way around (100K less miles). Its a thousand miles away but will make its arrival here within a week to ten days so I'm trying to get a feel for what to do. Is the euro model rare and more desirable? Can I get the manuals in english? I have the electrical manual for the american model which I have learned is an absolute must have. Will it surfice for the euro model? The instrument panel is no big deal but from what I can tell the OBC is totally different. The trim is somewhat different but that could grow on me. My intentions as it is now is to trick out the euro model with some M body kit pieces, fix a couple dents and rust spots, maybe some suspension mods and maybe make it my week end ride maybe a show stopper LOL Pictures of both are cars are in "My Garage" http://photos.performanceix.com/view...62b7231beca4a9 I'd really like some input from the reputable knowledge base of this forum. I really need to know any differences that escape the eye. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 12:59 AM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Welcome to Bimmerfest to you, but please have a look at that enormous block of text and you'll see why i didn't read it.

Assuming you want to know the difference between euro and USA cars, the differences are 100% cosmetic only for all E34 except M5

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 92 e34 525i
Sorry if the lengthy bimmer biography exceeded forum standards. Thanks for your input. Knowing that the almost 500 page electrical manual will work for both autos is reassuring.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App
Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Lucky to drive a BMW

Mein Auto: 2006 M5///
the euro car may have smilys headlights, rear fog lights. and maybe righthand driver side. Euro also had varity of engine sizes in the e34.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
BMW CCA Memeber #445389

Mein Auto: M50 Big Body
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
the euro car may have smilys headlights, rear fog lights. and maybe righthand driver side. Euro also had varity of engine sizes in the e34.
this is all true.

LDog, hows the SMG transmission? update us?

1995 525iA 250k mi
2006 325i/6 57k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi

Instagram: @Titan_E34
Snapchat: Titan_E34
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Lucky to drive a BMW

Mein Auto: 2006 M5///
Hey just came off a 1500 mile trip .Willow was strong long distance .I am very impressed with her performance . Nothing quite like it on the open road.Everyone loved the M5/// The only goal i make when driving her is speed limit. No tickets yet ,just lucky.I love the SMG 7 Sp but it s the engine thats fantastic and the car pure luxury. Sold Tanya 93 . Thinking about newer 528 or so for a beater next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	summer 12 013.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	363423  

Last edited by luckydog; 02-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.