Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi Coupe
So, I really like the paper form, and have been rebuilding it in Excel for my own exercise (I can post if anyone wants). I am confused by section 4 "Amount Due Dealer" -- why is this so high, am I doing something wrong? The way I read it, the whole adjusted capitalized cost (1K) is due to the dealer upfront, this cannot be correct. Also, why does the BMWFS (on the sheet as "LRFS") assignment fee show up down here as well as the first section?

4. AMOUNT DUE DEALER
A. Adjusted Capitalized Cost (Line 1K) $ $46,111
B. First Monthly Payment/Advance Payment $ - $537.14
C. Security Deposit/Last Monthly Payment $ - $3,850.00
D. Tax on Capitalized Cost Reduction $ -
E. BMWFS Assignment Fee $ - $725
G. Other_________________ $ $342.50
H. Dealer Reserve (see reverse) $
I. Net Amount Due to Dealer (Sum of 4A through 4H) $ $51,565
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlman007 View Post
So, I really like the paper form, and have been rebuilding it in Excel for my own exercise (I can post if anyone wants). I am confused by section 4 "Amount Due Dealer" -- why is this so high, am I doing something wrong? The way I read it, the whole adjusted capitalized cost (1K) is due to the dealer upfront, this cannot be correct. Also, why does the BMWFS (on the sheet as "LRFS") assignment fee show up down here as well as the first section?

4. AMOUNT DUE DEALER
A. Adjusted Capitalized Cost (Line 1K) $ $46,111
B. First Monthly Payment/Advance Payment $ - $537.14
C. Security Deposit/Last Monthly Payment $ - $3,850.00
D. Tax on Capitalized Cost Reduction $ -
E. BMWFS Assignment Fee $ - $725
G. Other_________________ $ $342.50
H. Dealer Reserve (see reverse) $
I. Net Amount Due to Dealer (Sum of 4A through 4H) $ $51,565
Amount due is Capitalized Cost Reduction (i.e. down payment to reduce the Capitalized Cost). Also the acquisition fee can either be rolled into the lease (capitalized) or paid upfront. You can put it in one place or the other, but obviously not both. Decide what works best for you.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 AM
New Car C.A

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 530i
Hello Mr. Shafer. I just wanted to introduce myself to you and let you know that you have greatly inspired me tonight. I am graduating college this spring and have decided to take a position as a Client Advisor in Florida, where I was a sales intern last summer. I could probably go sell insurance or take some boring finance job but my love for cars has pushed me in this direction and I am dedicated to putting in the long hours and effort in order to one day be a successful BMW C.A such as yourself. I say you inspired me because I'm constantly thinking of new ideas in order to generate leads before I actually start in July. One of my ideas, which I guess you beat me to years ago, was to try and reach customers through BMW forums. I'm an active member on cobaltss.net which is why I thought of this. I was actually searching google to see if I could find a forum for just client advisors to interact on and I ended up coming across your page which was pretty crazy in my opinion since yesterday I was just telling my friend about possibly trying to reach some customers through BMW forums by providing information such as monthly residuals etc. I've spent a good amount of time on bimmerfest as a non subscribed user in order to read about and research different questions that go through my mind regarding Bmw's. I know this is a long message but I wanted to let you know that I think it is awesome what you do on this website. Do you know if any C.A's are active forum members in South Florida? I hope I don't seem like a troll or anything. I was just excited to find an experienced Client Advisor to interact with who has similar ideas as me. -Phil
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip G View Post
Hello Mr. Shafer. I just wanted to introduce myself to you and let you know that you have greatly inspired me tonight. I am graduating college this spring and have decided to take a position as a Client Advisor in Florida, where I was a sales intern last summer. I could probably go sell insurance or take some boring finance job but my love for cars has pushed me in this direction and I am dedicated to putting in the long hours and effort in order to one day be a successful BMW C.A such as yourself. I say you inspired me because I'm constantly thinking of new ideas in order to generate leads before I actually start in July. One of my ideas, which I guess you beat me to years ago, was to try and reach customers through BMW forums. I'm an active member on cobaltss.net which is why I thought of this. I was actually searching google to see if I could find a forum for just client advisors to interact on and I ended up coming across your page which was pretty crazy in my opinion since yesterday I was just telling my friend about possibly trying to reach some customers through BMW forums by providing information such as monthly residuals etc. I've spent a good amount of time on bimmerfest as a non subscribed user in order to read about and research different questions that go through my mind regarding Bmw's. I know this is a long message but I wanted to let you know that I think it is awesome what you do on this website. Do you know if any C.A's are active forum members in South Florida? I hope I don't seem like a troll or anything. I was just excited to find an experienced Client Advisor to interact with who has similar ideas as me. -Phil
Thanks for the post Phil, the inspiration is mutual!

While I don't have any colleagues in Florida, longtime Bimmerfest guru Adrian Avila is in Georgia.
He's a great guy, and I'm sure if you reached out to him he could be helpful in getting started..

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"