Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X3 3.0xi
Sirius radio subscription 1 year free with purchase, a lie

I purchased an OEM sirius radio for my 2008 X3, from BMW. Their website clearly states that the purchase price includes one year subscription. When I installed and activated the radio with Sirius the rep told me that there is no one year subscription with the radio. Sirius told me to speak to BMW about the promise of one year subscription. I spoke to BMW and they told me to speak to Sirius, somebody is jerking me around. Did anybody ever have this issue before?
Thanks for your input.
Ads by Google
Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Are you referring to this?

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=2826

"Enjoy digital entertainment wherever you drive, coast-to-coast. SIRIUS delivers over 130 commercial-free streams of music, news, sports and entertainment from the best names in business, including CNN, ESPN, CNBC, NPR and Radio Disney.
Additional labor costs for vehicle programming may be required. Contact your local center for details. Purchase of SIRIUS XM Radio includes a one-year subscription to the SIRIUS Everything Package plus the Best of XM. Vehicle must be equipped with option SA609 (navigation) and SA693 (satelite radio prep)."

If so, I'd print this off the web page and show it to the bmw dealer you bought the kit from. Clearly they are advertising a one year subscription is included.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

PS I entered a 2008 BMW X3 3.0Si.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 AM

Sirius radio subscription 1 year free with purchase, a lie

Thanks for your reply. I did show this to the dealer and he called BMW corporate office, they said I should take up the issue with Sirius. Sirius told me that BMW offered the one year subscription so I should take it up with them. They have me going in circles.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I would be giving it back to BMW for a refund.

Cheap aux in radio at Walmart is $50.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 AM

Sirius headache

This is the link http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=2873
I did have one of the auxiliary radios that cost 150.00 but there were too many wires and the added antenna, and I have to remember to tunn it off every time I left the car. It got annoying after a while. My car was pre wired for satellite so it was easy to install the OEM one, if the would give me my one year subscription it would be perfect; the radio works great. I just sent BMW an e-mail I hope they could help me.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
I had the same issue back when my car was new.

Dealer activated it but didn't specify BMW and I got a basic 30 days for free. However, the mistake was on Sirius part. I spent a few days in circles with their call center until I googled us based Sirius call center phone number. I got a business line and that person got me taken care of.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 AM
BMW Enthusiast!

Mein Auto: 2007 Z4+X3, 2006 530Xi
Worked fine on my wife's 530. Got the free year as advertised. That was 3 years ago though. Looks to be same offer as then. I just gave Sirius the radio SN and they gave me the free year.

My garage: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si Manual, 2007 BMW X3, 2006 BMW 530xi

Retired: 1998 BMW Z3

Member of BMWCCA!

Last edited by madurodave; 02-20-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: n/a
SiriusXM Help

Hi there-

I apologize for your experience. Could you please send me your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff2001 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I did show this to the dealer and he called BMW corporate office, they said I should take up the issue with Sirius. Sirius told me that BMW offered the one year subscription so I should take it up with them. They have me going in circles.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: X3 Msport, 95 M3 & E39
Ruff2001 what was the cost of the Sirius unit if don't mind me asking?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 AM

Sirius radio

It costs $585.00 when you add the taxes and shipping it comes out to $654.39. Four days after my instillation, on the phone with BMW and Sirius back and forth, they still would not give me the one year subscription that I paid for in the price of the radio.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: Ram Truck, 350Z, X3
Did you contact the Sirius guy who posted you should contact him ?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: n/a
Could you please send me an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can discuss this in further detail.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote:
It costs $585.00 when you add the taxes and shipping it comes out to $654.39. Four days after my instillation, on the phone with BMW and Sirius back and forth, they still would not give me the one year subscription that I paid for in the price of the radio.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM

Thanks to this forum my problem is resolved, thanks to everyone for the vital information that I needed to make that possible. A Sirius rep. (Jamie) contacted me on this here regarding my issue. I supplied him with my information and he helped me to get the one year subscription that was promised by BMW. Thank you very much Jamie. BMW dropped the ball on me, they offer the deal with the purchase of their radio, and they did nothing to help me to get the service that I paid them for. Thank you Sirius you really came through.
PS. if BMW does not offer the deal anymore they should take it down from their website.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks to this forum my problem is resolved, thanks to everyone for the vital information that I needed to make that possible. A Sirius rep. (Jamie) contacted me on this here regarding my issue. I supplied him with my information and he helped me to get the one year subscription that was promised by BMW. Thank you very much Jamie. BMW dropped the ball on me, they offer the deal with the purchase of their radio, and they did nothing to help me to get the service that I paid them for. Thank you Sirius you really came through.
PS. if BMW does not offer the deal anymore they should take it down from their website.
Outstanding!

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
good i know who to call just in case i have issues

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i + 2006 X3
My 2013 328i had the 1yr free Sirius/XM. The first 30 days was bliss - but on the 31st day, the radio no longer tuned to my favorite stations. I called Sirius customer support and was told there was a "glitch" and they would refresh the signal. While I waited on the phone, bingo - the service was restored. Fast forward 31 more days and same issue. I call the customer service and am told that the dealer did not activate the trial right and I had to call some special dealer activation support queue. I called the number as directed by the Sirus/XM agent and was met with an equally clueless call taker. I was informed the issue was due to dealer fault and I should take the issue up with the dealer and since I am not a dealer, they could not assist. I called back to the main Sirus/XM customer service line and got in touch with a delightful and very friendly young lady who apologized and fixed the issue. For proof, I was emailed a welcome letter stating I had one year of service.

TL;DR - Sirus/XM is free for one year in new Bimmers. Call and complain to them and make them send you proof and you are good.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Last month I received a renewal notice for the Sirius in my 2006 X3. I also received a renewal notice for the XM service in my Garmin 2730 (used on a BMW K1200LT). I called the Sirius call center and asked if I could combine both radios on one account. Both radios had the same renewal date, I just wanted to get the lower rate on one radio since it would be considered a second radio.

They said sure. A few days later I checked and found they had cancelled the X3's service. They then added it to the Garmin's account and charged an activation fee. They also advised me I had lost about six weeks of paid service and now had two renewal dates on one account.

Took about a week but all is good. I now have both radios renewing on the same date and they gave me a year's worth of service free to cover their screw-ups. They made the activation fee go away. My blood pressure is starting to come down now.