Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 AM
Cray

Mein Auto: Porsche Macan S / SD Pack
How do our RFT's really work? You actually should drive on em if a flat occurs?

I've been imagining just how much smoother this already super smooth car can be with a proper set of tires. To be honest, I can't notice any downfalls to my RFT's since the car does ride so smoothly especially being on 19" wheels with a low suspension in stock form, but again I have no comparison points with non-RFT's on this particular car to compare to.

So figuring that for using such an apparently crappy set of tires on our cars, there has to be SOMETHING good about it, are they *really* safe to drive on if we blow a tire? And for how long? It seems like something that should get anyone paranoid, driving on 19" expensive rims with a blown tire, RFT's or not.... but again, if RFT's are NOT capable of truly being driven on during a flat, then what's their point? I.e you don't get any benefits from such a rough tire.

If there's anything that paranoias me about the RFT's deterring from ride comfort and shock-absorbsion it would be accelerating or being the reason to any interior rattles. I'd hate if RFT's would even rough things up to cost me even one interior rattle due to it.

BTW, my car has Pirelli P-Zero Nero RFT's, which I've heard is a new offering on just 2013 cars. Not sure if that's true, but if so, would there be a possibility that it's a superior RFT, which is why I don't have too many complaints toward it yet?
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Advertisement