Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 02-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 750il
98 750il Valve body NO GO

So after doing some reading i decided to go ahead and do a valve body swap on my bmw ( 98 750il 5hp30 transmission). Everything went well accept now the car has perfect reverse. little to now forward drive unless stuck in manual mode then it moves but not by much.

*HISTORY*
My car started having that stupid transmission failsafe error pop up everytime it would be put into gear and if you tried manual/sport mode it would kick into gear then lock you out of those modes. and if that be said everytime it did it would start off in 2nd/3rd gear. but once it got up to about 30 or so miles per-hour she was golden. So after doing a lot of reading came to the conclusion that the VB needed replaced. So order a valve body from REVMAX installed with new fluid and new filter. Got in the car started it put in reverse. Perfect. Put it in drive barely anything put in manual mode and it does twice as good as drive but still not good at all. HOWEVER with all of these i no longer have ANY CODES WHAT SO EVER even though there is something clearly wrong.... Any ideas? did i miss something?
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 750il
No Ideas Eh?