Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Considering that the 2014 X3 will be in production in April, does anybody think there will be heavy incentives for the 2013 X3 soon or some sort of model year end sale?
Yes, I believe so.
I'm having my '13 X3 Msport built and the total prior to TT&L was 7% less than msrp.
Before I get too excited though, I remind myself that the msrp prices are so inflated to begin with.

-spooky-
Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
I went to order a 2013 x3 yesterday. Had already worked out pricing and signed the agreement. The sales manager went to build it and found out he couldn't order anymore 2013 and I had to get a 2014. it is now $1150 more to get the same items i wanted and I had already worked out a price!

The top view is no longer included in the tech package. They kept the price the same but added the Head up display. If I want the top view you have to get the driver assistance package now.

They must have moved production up from April to March because my 2014 starts production in March and they expect it at the dealership in Mid april. Odd part is they dont even have pictures of the car to know exactly what it will look like. I know they were doing some fender updates, but I am getting the M sport package so it might make the updates a mute point.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
I don't know if you ordered Nav but there is an update for that on the 2014 models.

As an added bonus you'll get 8 months of free deprecation on the car.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto: X3 2.8i Alpine White
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
I went to order a 2013 x3 yesterday. Had already worked out pricing and signed the agreement. The sales manager went to build it and found out he couldn't order anymore 2013 and I had to get a 2014. it is now $1150 more to get the same items i wanted and I had already worked out a price!

They must have moved production up from April to March because my 2014 starts production in March and they expect it at the dealership in Mid april. Odd part is they dont even have pictures of the car to know exactly what it will look like. I know they were doing some fender updates, but I am getting the M sport package so it might make the updates a mute point.
Uh oh. I am just gonna go to the dealership on this coming Tuesday to order the MY2013. I woud had gone there this weekend, but there is a family emergency and I couldn't. Let me call the CA tomorrow and ask him this ...if that is the case, then it is meant to be

Last edited by Sugarrushbmw; 02-24-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:27 PM

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:

The top view is no longer included in the tech package. They kept the price the same but added the Head up display. If I want the top view you have to get the driver assistance package now.

Sorry man, I feel your pain. I had been talking to the Internet manager finalizing things over a weekend and when I was ready to place the order he casually sent an email stating he couldn't fulfill the order. I was pissed and asked him what the issue was. He didn't give me a straight answer, but made it right by pulling some strings. Won't know for sure until the car is actually ready for pick up.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
MY2014 pricing about the same or less than MY 2013 - for me

A week ago my '05 X3 3.0i was rear-ended by a driver traveling at 40-45 mph. My wife and I were uninjured (aside from the stiff muscles). Only 125K miles and still going strong. However, the damage to the suspension anmd other components was extensive and the insurnace company is declaring my faithful X3 a total loss. That car did everything from the track to mounatin passes and was a reliable companion. And in the end it protected my wife and I from harm.

So....
We are in the market for a new X3. We are considering used (2011 or later), 2013 new or 2014 new. I ran some numbers using the 2013 and 2014 price lists on this forum. I adjusted the 2013 base price to current.

For the sake of comparison shopping we are looking at the 35i model, though we may opt for the smaller 28i engine (which has more power and torque than our old '05).
  • I found that the 2014 was cheaper than the 2013 for the same options:
    Cold Weather (heated seats fore and aft, headlight spritzers, heated steering wheel)
    Comfort (keyless entry, moonroof, lumbar support)
    Tech (Nav, Real Time Traffic info, Park Sensors, Cameras (rear and top view)
  • I added the sun shades into the 2014 order to make it equal the content in the 2013 order.
  • I configured the Navigation System instead of the Tech Package in 2014 to get the heads-up display out of the order.
Make BMW
Model X3
Model Year 2014
Exterior Color A76 Deep Sea Blue
Interior Color LUBK Mojave

Base Price $44,700.00

Metallic Paint A76 $550.00
Cold Weather Pkg I ZCW $950.00
Driver Assistance Pkg ZDA+3AH $1,300.00
Premium Pkg ZPP $2,200.00
Navigation System 609 $2,000.00
Rear Manual side window shades 417 $250.00

Destination $ Handling $895.00
Total Adds $8,145.00

Subtotal before Taxes $52,845.00

Make BMW
Model X3
Model Year 2013
Exterior Color A76 Deep Sea Blue
Interior Color LUBK Mojave

Base Price $43,950.00

Metallic Paint A76 $550.00
Cold Weather Pkg I ZCW $700.00
Cold Weather Pkg II ZCX $450.00
Premium Pkg ZPP $2,950.00
Technology Pkg ZTP $3,200.00
Satellite Radio 655 $350.00

Destination $ Handling $895.00
Total Adds $9,095.00

Subtotal before Taxes $53,045.00

The only thing I am not sure about is the "enhanced Bluetooth and USB" (6NL in 2013 and 6NS in 2014). It is in the 2013 Tech Package. If that is not included in the 2014 Nav system, I will have to add it in for $500 and then that tips the costs $300 in favor of the 2013 model. But since I was not planning on ordering those sunshades, I could leave that off my real 2014 order and the 2013 would only be $100 cheaper.

Before my wife decided we had to have nav and cameras and such, the 2014 model was looking really good compared to the 2013.

As it is, there is not a big difference in pricing for what I am looking for. If it is within a couple of hundred bucks, I would opt for the newer model year at this point on the MY calendar.

This could all be moot. When I spoke with my sales guy yesterday he did not think they could order any more 2013's. He has a few on the lot and some more may roll in next month, but he thinks that new orders will be for 2014 cars.

He confirmed that 2013 MY ends 31 March and 2014 MY begins 1 April. No changes in body trim, wheel styles, colors, etc. Just VIN change

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Not true. There are differences in standard features and the iDrive/Nav is substantially improved with the 14 X3. It would be silly to get 13 X3 at this time.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 02-24-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
It would be silly to get 13 X3 at this time.
My point exactly.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 02-24-2013, 05:58 PM

pharding & lbjgh: You have both mentioned updates to the nav system for the MY2014 X3 nav system. Do you have any specifics?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
sure. here ya go:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
pharding & lbjgh: You have both mentioned updates to the nav system for the MY2014 X3 nav system. Do you have any specifics?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
..... It would be silly to get 13 X3 at this time.
not necessarily so.....

I ordered a fully loaded 3.5 M Sport in late December and thought about cancelling to wait for a 2014. I talked this over with the GM of Passport with whom I have bought a number of cars. He had no problem changing the order if it made me happy, but there were consequences. Bottom line I would have to pay more - given less BMW to consumer discounts on a newly introduced model and internally, less generous unpublished BMW to dealer programs on the back end. Moreover, in my case, by placing my order in late December, I saved the increase that went into effect January 1. Even if published 2013 and 2014 prices are equivalent - you will pay more for a 2014.

More significantly for me, if you want a 3.5 M Sport - be prepared to wait longer than for a 2.8. Production slots for 3.5 M sports are few and far between. Consequently. if you order a 3.5 in April - realistically, you will take delivery in mid to late June at a best case.

So yeah, all things being equal I would not mind having the new updated Nav but given the additional cost and the considerable wait, I find it prudent to stay with my current order. Guess I will have to jus' slum it in my carbon black X3 3.5 M Sport...oh the ignominy....

Last edited by Capobranco; 02-25-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive
Quote:

I'm shopping around for a new x3. I called my dealer to ask if we could still order a MY13 X3 and he said yes. He said MY14 orders won't go in until a few weeks more. Seems like either he doesn't know what's going on or just wants me to come in to order one and have me order MY14 instead.
On a side note, is the Nav update in MY14 X3 already out in other cars like F10. Would like to test it out.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:00 PM

Mein Auto: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
not necessarily so.....

I ordered a fully loaded 3.5 M Sport in late December and thought about cancelling to wait for a 2014. I talked this over with the GM of Passport with whom I have bought a number of cars. He had no problem changing the order if it made me happy, but there were consequences. Bottom line I would have to pay more - given less BMW to consumer discounts on a newly introduced model and internally, less generous unpublished BMW to dealer programs on the back end. Moreover, in my case, by placing my order in late December, I saved the increase that went into effect January 1. Even if published 2013 and 2014 prices are equivalent - you will pay more for a 2014.

More significantly for me, if you want a 3.5 M Sport - be prepared to wait longer than for a 2.8. Production slots for 3.5 M sports are few and far between. Consequently. if you order a 3.5 in April - realistically, you will take delivery in mid to late June at a best case.

So yeah, all things being equal I would not mind having the new updated Nav but given the additional cost and the considerable wait, I find it prudent to stay with my current order. Guess I will have to jus' slum it in my carbon black X3 3.5 M Sport...oh the ignominy....
Awesome. I stick to my 2013 production then. Can you share more of the detail on the "dealer programs on the back end"?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
if the 2014 is the LCI version expect some deals, as new cabin tech and fascia=bargaining chips

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW xDrive 2.8i
I was in a similar situation and ended up staying with the X3 ordered in late Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
not necessarily so.....

07 /// M Roadster - Interlagos Blue/Black
05 /// M3 - Silver Gray/Red
01 330i - Titanium Silver/Black
94 325is - Alpine White/Gray
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
if the 2014 is the LCI version expect some deals, as new cabin tech and fascia=bargaining chips
Forgive my confusion, but why this is the case?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Some interesting thoughts in this thread and all have helped me with my decision making.

I've decided to order the MY14 principally for the Nav system. I have read quite a few places how much better the Nav Pro is over the older version. My CA suggested that in 5-10 years (I keep my cars a reasonable amount of time) the difference between the cars worth won't be that much and I should go for a MY13, to which my response was, true but 5-10 years of a "working" Nav versus a "frustrating" Nav is worth it to me!

My calculations showed that to get the features I want it will cost more for the 2014, but if I compare the total features I get, there is little difference and maybe the 2014 is slightly cheaper.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarrushbmw View Post
Simple explanation: You want progress you pay a premium

Current Apple iPad 3 16GB: $299
Current Apple Ipad 4 16GB: $499

Whats the difference? new processors, siri thats it.

Same thing with the new Idrive and possibly LCI then same essential item, add on some new features and fascia, charge a premium.

I generally have a rule with BMW, and buyers who want the best deals (at least outright purchases and finance).

Best time to buy a BMW (if you dont need the newest thing on the market):

The day after the model has reached EOP.

Best time to buy a BMW (if you semi-desire to drive the newest thing on the market)

The day after they LCI model has reached showroom floors

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarrushbmw View Post
I do not believe that the 2014 model year is the LCI version.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 AM

Anyone has any idea if dealerships are accepting MY14 orders. If so, when do you expect delivery on those.
My dealer is offering a MY13 X3 28i for $700 below invoice before incentives so I'm torn between pulling the trigger or wait for MY14. Any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
There seems to be several folks who already have orders in for the MY14s. I have heard of deliveries from mid April to mid May so far.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM

Surprisingly, none of the dealers in So Cal I've spoken to are accepting MY14 orders. They said there allocation is still for MY13 only.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
Surprisingly, none of the dealers in So Cal I've spoken to are accepting MY14 orders. They said there allocation is still for MY13 only.
Here in DC Metro Area (Northern VA), 2 dealerships informed me that MY2014 order will be accepted starting mid to end of March 2013. That's 2 week spread.
On top of that, regarding delivery date, they can't commit to me yet. Their reason: the 4-6 weeks build-to-order clock will only start when BMW does the production line change-over for MY2014, which is officially 'sometime' early in April 2013 and not when the dealer takes the build-order in, obviously.
My estimate: it is possible to get the pre-order MY2014 as far as June 2013.

Last edited by Sugarrushbmw; 02-27-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Mein Auto: Mercedes C320
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
Anyone has any idea if dealerships are accepting MY14 orders. If so, when do you expect delivery on those.
My dealer is offering a MY13 X3 28i for $700 below invoice before incentives so I'm torn between pulling the trigger or wait for MY14. Any thoughts?
I'm starting to look for an X3 in San Diego too. I think I would prefer to order a MY14 because I think my wife would like the new drivers assist packages. But $700 below invoice for a MY13 sounds nice too. Which dealer in San Diego is offering a MY13 X3 for $700 below invoice?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
Simple explanation: You want progress you pay a premium

Current Apple iPad 3 16GB: $299
Current Apple Ipad 4 16GB: $499

Whats the difference? new processors, siri thats it.

Same thing with the new Idrive and possibly LCI then same essential item, add on some new features and fascia, charge a premium.

I generally have a rule with BMW, and buyers who want the best deals (at least outright purchases and finance).

Best time to buy a BMW (if you dont need the newest thing on the market):

The day after the model has reached EOP.

Best time to buy a BMW (if you semi-desire to drive the newest thing on the market)

The day after they LCI model has reached showroom floors
Thanks for the reply. I misunderstood the earlier reply from you saying that the new LCI (if indeed MY2014 is new LCI), will give a better deal, which is not obviously.