Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,998
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaHawk View Post
I think some M drivers wonder what the point of all this is - M5 doesn't come in AWD. This is about as close as you get to an M5 with AWD. Just watch, though - the MB E63 AMG is coming out in AWD next year I believe. AWD M5 is just a little while away I suspect.
I had a 550xi with Dinan S3 and loved it. I value having xDrive more than having M tuning too.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,226
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
I had a 550xi with Dinan S3 and loved it. I value having xDrive more than having M tuning too.
If they could just incorporate what they accomplished with the x6m suspension (and x5m for that matter) they should have no problems making a sweet m5/m6 awd whip.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Boardman Boardman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 216
Mein Auto: 2013 550 m sport
Damn I really want the stage 2!

Anybody care to guess on if there would be another sale come this October? Did they do that in Oct 2011 too?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,998
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
If they could just incorporate what they accomplished with the x6m suspension (and x5m for that matter) they should have no problems making a sweet m5/m6 awd whip.
Well I've been complaining about not having the 535d here in States since 2010, so I figure I've got a couple years before I can start hoping for an M6x.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,226
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
Well I've been complaining about not having the 535d here in States since 2010, so I figure I've got a couple years before I can start hoping for an M6x.
disels are so 2010
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
ausdude's Avatar
ausdude ausdude is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,119
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
What kind of mpg are you getting with Dinan Tunning?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,998
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdude View Post
What kind of mpg are you getting with Dinan Tunning?
It should be as good as your current mpgs or a bit better. Dinan runs it a bit leaner than BMW. My 550xi averaged 21mpgs.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,226
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
It should be as good as your current mpgs or a bit better. Dinan runs it a bit leaner than BMW. My 550xi averaged 21mpgs.
Cause it was a giant and didn't have to move unless provoked

Hows the 650i no review yet?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 AM
ausdude's Avatar
ausdude ausdude is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,119
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
I'm must say that stage 2 is fast as $hit! I finally got that rush feeling that I had in my other car. This is what M Sport should feel like! It reminds me of an AMG car. Glad I upgraded

Last edited by ausdude; 02-27-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 AM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,998
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Cause it was a giant and didn't have to move unless provoked

Hows the 650i no review yet?
My CA told me he sold my 550 only two weeks ago. He said he had his customer drive a stock 550 first and then my Dinan and the guy was immediately sold on the car. I got the impression that it was very popular with the dealership staff as a take home car.

The 650 is just heading out in the North Atlantic right now. I was going to wait until I put on better wheels/tires before I write a comprehensive review. My initial impressions is that it is faster, shifts harder, and is stiffer sprung than the stock 550. So an overall sportier feel, but I'll need to take it on my favorite twisties and to the track to see how compares to my Dinan.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 AM
ausdude's Avatar
ausdude ausdude is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austin
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,119
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
My CA told me he sold my 550 only two weeks ago. He said he had his customer drive a stock 550 first and then my Dinan and the guy was immediately sold on the car. I got the impression that it was very popular with the dealership staff as a take home car.

The 650 is just heading out in the North Atlantic right now. I was going to wait until I put on better wheels/tires before I write a comprehensive review. My initial impressions is that it is faster, shifts harder, and is stiffer sprung than the stock 550. So an overall sportier feel, but I'll need to take it on my favorite twisties and to the track to see how compares to my Dinan.
Please let us know what you think about the 6 series. I originally wanted a 6 series until I sat in the passenger's seat. When you sit there it seems as if they purposely built the interior to make the passenger disengaged from the car, from the barrier that comes down from the dash to the center console (which originally I liked) to all of the dash board info and climate, radio and stuff faces the driver.

I was really tore between the 2 and these were the reasons for picking the 5 series. But they are both nice cars
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,998
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdude View Post
Please let us know what you think about the 6 series. I originally wanted a 6 series until I sat in the passenger's seat. When you sit there it seems as if they purposely built the interior to make the passenger disengaged from the car, from the barrier that comes down from the dash to the center console (which originally I liked) to all of the dash board info and climate, radio and stuff faces the driver.

I was really tore between the 2 and these were the reasons for picking the 5 series. But they are both nice cars
I never thought of it from the passenger's perspective. I'll ask Mrs D, but I think she would prefer to be disengaged while I am driving.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms