BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Color for m6 GC

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  M5driver 
#1 ·
Getting ready to buy the new M6 GC. My problem right now is what color to get. I
currently have a 650 GC in Titanium Silver which I love. Problem is that color is not
being offered on the M6. Right now I am leaning towards Space Gray with black
interior and piano finish wood. I am sort of interested in the Moonstone Metallic but I
have not seen it in real life. The same goes for Singapore Gray. My dealer is trying to
get me samples of both. And black seems like a hassle to keep clean.
Anyway, that is my situation.
Thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
The colors you mention are available on the M5 so you may be able to find an M5 to look at in those colors. I would also recommend Silverstone. It's a beautiful color and nicer than Titanium Silver IMO.

I'm also ordering an M6GC. My short list is:
San Marino Blue
Pure Metal Silver
Frozen Silver
Frozen Bronze

#3 ·
Hang on to your wallet - PNS is bloody expensive

Pure metal silver (P13) is a BMW Individual color and is available on special order in the US for the M6 GC for... $10,300 or 8000 Euros. Same price BTW in both the US and Germany.

I tried to get a sample of the color here in the US, and all three paint suppliers (Sandox, ...) said is it not yet available even in small quantities. BTW, both M-B and Nissan offer the same color, but I did not check availability. My local BMW paint experts say that part of the expense is due to the additional prep work. While a normal 600 grit sanding would suffice for most other colors, 3000 grit is required for P13 as it will show even the smallest imperfection in the body panels. It will be similarly expensive to repair.

For the best photos of P13 on a BMW, look at Autoblogs BMW Zegato story found here:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bmw-zagato-roadster-concept/#photo-5217687

For reference, Frozen Bronze on an M6 GC runs about $5500 extra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.