Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN
Regional forum for members in AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Sunroof Help Memphis TN!

Hey bfc. I recently have acquired an 03 530 to replace my 01 525. It made its way from Anaheim,CA (corvette mikes) via KJ Falcon Log LLC (a worse than terrible experience). Prior to purchasing the car I had a PPI done at Ronin Autowerks. Upon receiving the car I open the sunroof while test driving...it opened but never closed. Its stuck completely open. I tried both reinitializing procedures and neither worked. During both if these procedures the motor tries to start the process of moving but that process is brief , maybe a second. I remember the manual closing procedure and the motor just does not want to turn. It feels like the allen wrench will snap or screw the motor up if I proceed with more force. When tilt is pressed it comes forward about an inch and retracts. Pressing close or open do nothing but make the glass travel about an inch and back to its original position of wide open. Any and every bit of help is appreciated. My worst fear is having to take the cassette out and headliner down because I have no idea what Im doing in regard to this type of fix. Right now the tops wide open but under a carport.

Last edited by allamer35; 03-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Advertisement