Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
ZPP - worth it?

You can see the options I currently have on order below. ZCW requires you to get leather seats. The other things BMWUSA lists that come with the ZPP are:

1) 1 year satellite radio
2) Lumbar Support
3) Comfort access

So, let me address each one of these.

1) I don't care about this at all and will never use it.
2) I thought that getting leather seats automatically added lumbar support as well...can anyone confirm that? In other words, adding ZCW would add the Lumbar option. Adjustable lumbar is something I would like to have.
3) Comfort access = trunk opening with foot, keyless entry, keyless start. Anything I'm missing? I can see the keyless entry and start being somewhat useful, but I'd be interested to hear opinions on how much you actually use it.

Ultimately, since I've already got the leather, adding ZPP is quite literally an $8 adder per month.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Lumbar support is only available as part of the premium package. That right there answers the question for me. Now that keyless start is standard CA makes even more sense so you never have to fool with getting the fob out of your pocket.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i, AP1 S2000
Not worth it to me. I got leather on its own for a $1650 savings over ZPP. I would have put in $500 for CA on its own too, but no more.

Edit - uhh, that's for the 328i, by the way. The 335i ZPP is different due to the moonroof being standard on the base config. Only a $750 savings there for leather only. That's close enough to be a wash for most people who must have leather I suppose.

Last edited by elistan; 03-03-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
You can see the options I currently have on order below. ZCW requires you to get leather seats. The other things BMWUSA lists that come with the ZPP are:

2) Lumbar Support
3) Comfort access
It appears you are ordering a 335i, right? In 328i ZPP also adds the moonroof(standard in 335i). I went through the same thing and ended up with ZPP. I am not sure I will renew satellite, but nowadays I listen to CNBC and BBC daily, so it is of some value. The lumbar support button is not touched yet, I guess it will be helpful in long trip. IMO comfort access is analogous to a flushing toilet, it is so engrained in daily living that it will be missed if broken.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
Not long ago the question was...are electric windows and electric side mirrors worth it? Far back it was...Air Cond. worth it in cars? How 'bout way, way back...are power brakes and radial tires worth it? About the only thing my 328i has that I wish I could delete is the sunroof. It's either too hot or too cold in North TX to be useful. When we finally get to open it, we get a cloud of dust and dirt from our dirty streets and highways!

We are on our 3d car with keyless start and we won't go back to the old fashion way of fiddling with a piece of metal...takes my wife about 10 minutes to find anything in her purse!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
It seems this question is very different depending on the engine size and whether or not Heated seats was selected. In my case, I think I'm going to get it.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Worth it

Quote:

2) Lumbar Support
3) Comfort access

2) I thought that getting leather seats automatically added lumbar support as well...can anyone confirm that? In other words, adding ZCW would add the Lumbar option. Adjustable lumbar is something I would like to have.
3) Comfort access = trunk opening with foot, keyless entry, keyless start. Anything I'm missing? I can see the keyless entry and start being somewhat useful, but I'd be interested to hear opinions on how much you actually use it.

Ultimately, since I've already got the leather, adding ZPP is quite literally an $8 adder per month.
Get it . We love the satellite radio , & have had it on all 3 of our BMW's. The lumbar support is a great feature, especially for long drives & trips. This is our first Bimmer with Comfort Access. We didn't think it was anything special. Now , after 5 months ,we would not order another one without it. So convenient . You will love your new beauty! Enjoy it for many safe miles of Driving
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Meh. I didn't and wouldn't buy it.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Quote:

2) Lumbar Support
3) Comfort access

I'm so used to using Comfort access and having lumbar, I'm unsure what I did without it before.

And the Tech package is particularly addicting.

I hate having to use a clicker to unlock my wife's car now, Comfort access has become that...addicting. I drive a lot, so the lumbar is a +++ for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Quote:
It seems this question is very different depending on the engine size and whether or not Heated seats was selected. In my case, I think I'm going to get it.
I would not forgo the ZPP.
I think that the price increase on a 335i it's too little to really consider not getting it.
I could see why on the 328i it becomes more of an issue...

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member