Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 AM
mnikhil mnikhil is offline
BMW enthusiast
Location: Bellevue, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: BMW 550xi (F10)
4 Series

Hello,

I know the f32 "4 series" is supposed to come out this month in Geneva. But does anyone know when we will be able to start ordering/purchasing the car?? Also is the m3 (4door) supposed to come out around the same time? or will that release along side the "m4"?

Appreciate any info!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 AM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Administrator
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,770
Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Production starts in July for the F32 so you can start ordering around there. First cars will be hitting dealerships in September.

The M3 might come out sooner, but if BMW sticks to the timeline they used for the E90 the sedan and coupe will go on sale at the same time about a year down the road.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 AM
mnikhil mnikhil is offline
BMW enthusiast
Location: Bellevue, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: BMW 550xi (F10)
Thanks you! Do you have any idea when more info about the "m3" and "m4" will become available? Because I heard they are stopping production for the e92 this summer?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
tim330i's Avatar
tim330i tim330i is offline
Administrator
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,770
Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
If they follow the E9x timeline we will see the M3 concept car at Geneva next year with the car going on sale in May of 2015.

E92s, including the M3 will end production when the F32 starts production.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
mnikhil mnikhil is offline
BMW enthusiast
Location: Bellevue, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: BMW 550xi (F10)
Awesome thanks! Would you rather get the current m3 or wait til the new 4 series comes out?

Thanks,
Nik
__________________
__________


2013 550xi
2011 135i
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,223
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnikhil View Post
Awesome thanks! Would you rather get the current m3 or wait til the new 4 series comes out?

Thanks,
Nik
I can't DD the e90 M3 with it struggling to hit 20mpg on the highway and a short range.

I plan on trading my F30 in a few years for the new M3. Should be more DD friendly.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,433
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
I can't DD the e90 M3 with it struggling to hit 20mpg on the highway and a short range.

I plan on trading my F30 in a few years for the new M3. Should be more DD friendly.
Not my experience.....I use my M3 for DD commuting. I routinely get 18 MPG on my 25 mile commute into DC. On the highway I get 24 MPG. The M3 is a fantastic DD - not only entertaining but wonderfully compliant - given its sublime connectivity, adjustable settings, and NO runflats.

The coming M4 is an unknown, but we do know that the current M3 is an extraordinary car that represents not only one of BMW's best ever, but one of the best cars in general to be produced by any manufacturer in the last 20 years.

In the end, most cars, including BMWs, you drive for awhile and move on. Whether or not I purchase an M4, I will long savor the memory of my stunning e92 M3. Treat yourself.
__________________
BMWCCA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,223
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Not my experience.....I use my M3 for DD commuting. I routinely get 18 MPG on my 25 mile commute into DC. On the highway I get 24 MPG. The M3 is a fantastic DD - not only entertaining but wonderfully compliant - given its sublime connectivity, adjustable settings, and NO runflats.

The coming M4 is an unknown, but we do know that the current M3 is an extraordinary car that represents not only one of BMW's best ever, but one of the best cars in general to be produced by any manufacturer in the last 20 years.

In the end, most cars, including BMWs, you drive for awhile and move on. Whether or not I purchase an M4, I will long savor the memory of my stunning e92 M3. Treat yourself.
What is your typical mixed range though?

I already have a 500hp BMW that manages 20-22mpg, but with the small tank the light comes on at 200-220 miles.

For the amount of driving I do, I don't want something that similar for my DD. Now if the new M3 gets 350-400 mile range, thats more to my liking.

My e90 M3 concerns also keep me out of a CTSV for a DD which is also quite capable.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,433
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
You have nice cars - a sporty F30 MT which is economical but still fun and a dedicated kick ass "fire breather". An M3 offers a synthesis. Although I find the current M3 to be a very nice DD - better than my e 93 335 MT - it is definitely oriented towards the sporty end of the spectrum. I am pleased that my everyday mpg equals or bests my former 335i but truth be told - I really don't pay much attention to mpg. 350 - 400 mile range? - yes if strictly hwy cruising but normally my light will come on at about 250 miles in a normal commuting week. BTW if I drive in a "spirited" manner - I can expect less than 16 mpg....The new M4 is unknown but we can be sure there will be a renewed emphasis on "efficiency" - the new car will be more economical which is a good thing and may be the perfect solution for you. For me, the real question is whether the M4 will offer the same sense of heightened "connectivity" that makes the e92 M3 so very special, and at times - alive.
__________________
BMWCCA

Last edited by Capobranco; 03-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,223
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
You have nice cars - a sporty F30 MT which is economical but still fun and a dedicated kick ass "fire breather". An M3 offers a synthesis. Although I find the current M3 to be a very nice DD - better than my e 93 335 MT - it is definitely oriented towards the sporty end of the spectrum. I am pleased that my everyday mpg equals or bests my former 335i but truth be told - I really don't pay much attention to mpg. 350 - 400 mile range? - yes if strictly hwy cruising but normally my light will come on at about 250 miles in a normal commuting week. BTW if I drive in a "spirited" manner - I can expect less than 16 mpg....The new M4 is unknown but we can be sure there will be a renewed emphasis on "efficiency" - the new car will be more economical which is a good thing and may be the perfect solution for you. For me, the real question is whether the M4 will offer the same sense of heightened "connectivity" that makes the e92 M3 so very special, and at times - alive.
See, if I had just one car, I would be more in line to wanting your car.

But as you note, with my two car(+wife's) stable, it makes less sense.

I am what you would call a spirited driver too. Your 250 miles in normal commuting is pretty much in line with my E36/7. Replacing it with an E92 is one thing, not going to happen though. But to be the DD to it, I need the range and whatnot that the new M3 MIGHT offer.

Don't get me wrong, your car with a 6mt still gets my blood pumping big time.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 4 series, 4 series, 4series, bmw, coupe, f32, m4


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms