Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
SCLA323 SCLA323 is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Aux

Hey fellas I just bought a 05 545 and I want to add the aux output, does anybody know of a place in Los Angeles?
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM
schpenxel schpenxel is offline
DIY'er
Location: Greensboro, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,292
Mein Auto: 2004 545i
A place for what?

The install?

The cable?

The coding?

Someone to video tape you installing it?

Details
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 PM
SCLA323 SCLA323 is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
A place for what?

The install?

The cable?

The coding?

Someone to video tape you installing it?

Details
All of the above except for the video tape part. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,128
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
For the cable, I got it from getbmwparts.com for $60 shipped. The install can be done by just about any reputable indy shop, I got mine done at Solely Bimmer in Mission Viejo. There's also Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa. I wouldn't suggest Southbay Autohaus, they will rip you off if they can.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
TRIPLE_O TRIPLE_O is offline
OOO
Location: UPSTATE NY/NORTHERN NJ/NYC
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 192
Mein Auto: E90 335i
I just sent you a PM. Btw pjinca, 38 cars, wow!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM
SCLA323 SCLA323 is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Thanks for the info pjinca!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,128
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O View Post
I just sent you a PM. Btw pjinca, 38 cars, wow!!!
I didn't get your PM, yeah, I get bored easily - I remind my wife of that when I tell her she's still my only wife
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
TRIPLE_O TRIPLE_O is offline
OOO
Location: UPSTATE NY/NORTHERN NJ/NYC
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 192
Mein Auto: E90 335i


Sorry for the confusion, I Pm'ed SCLA323


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
I didn't get your PM, yeah, I get bored easily - I remind my wife of that when I tell her she's still my only wife
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
SCLA323 SCLA323 is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
For the cable, I got it from getbmwparts.com for $60 shipped. The install can be done by just about any reputable indy shop, I got mine done at Solely Bimmer in Mission Viejo. There's also Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa. I wouldn't suggest Southbay Autohaus, they will rip you off if they can.
How much did u pay at solely bimmer?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM
schpenxel schpenxel is offline
DIY'er
Location: Greensboro, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,292
Mein Auto: 2004 545i
You can also make a cable pretty easily. Just need a few connectors, some wire and a 1/8" jack

Part number 61130005197 will plug into the wiring harness on the CCC/MASK unit, so you just need 3 of those and the rest of the parts, and about 2 minutes of soldering

edit: they also sell them on eBay using basically these parts for like $25. I could barely find the parts locally for less than that
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 PM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,128
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCLA323 View Post
How much did u pay at solely bimmer?
Hard to say, because they also installed my replacement CCC unit and TCU and the AUX at the same time. Total installed for all 3 + coding was $300, very reasonable really.
I'd figure the AUX alone to be around $60 installed. Another benefit of the AUX coding is it also enables MP3 playback, so you can load up a CD with MP3s and enjoy them.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
SCLA323 SCLA323 is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
Hard to say, because they also installed my replacement CCC unit and TCU and the AUX at the same time. Total installed for all 3 + coding was $300, very reasonable really.
I'd figure the AUX alone to be around $60 installed. Another benefit of the AUX coding is it also enables MP3 playback, so you can load up a CD with MP3s and enjoy them.
That was cheap! I got quoted today 550$ only for the aux output!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,128
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCLA323 View Post
That was cheap! I got quoted today 550$ only for the aux output!
Whoa, that is waaay to much. You've got to shop around. It isn't that hard. The coding takes less than a minute because all they're doing is enabling a feature that already exists, but is disabled by the factory. The install of the cable shouldn't take more than 30 mins if they've done it before, maybe an hour to include disassembling the dash (they need to access the back of the CCC (NAV) or M-ASK unit).
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 PM
SCLA323 SCLA323 is offline
Registered User
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 52
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
Whoa, that is waaay to much. You've got to shop around. It isn't that hard. The coding takes less than a minute because all they're doing is enabling a feature that already exists, but is disabled by the factory. The install of the cable shouldn't take more than 30 mins if they've done it before, maybe an hour to include disassembling the dash (they need to access the back of the CCC (NAV) or M-ASK unit).
I seen a video on YouTube it looks really easy.. bullet performance charges $350 I think I'm going with that
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,128
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCLA323 View Post
I seen a video on YouTube it looks really easy.. bullet performance charges $350 I think I'm going with that
Even that is too much, in my opinion, as I recall Crevier BMW quoted me $250. Might want to give them a call
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms