Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Aleks

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekay07 View Post
I think the OP needs to go and by a horse and cart. Then he will be happy reliability will still not live up to his ideal standard.
Your comment is not helpful and I don't know why you even bothered posting. I don't think the OP is in the wrong to expect some reliability from a car that costs a lot more then a lot of other cars. The things that are going on these cars and at the mileges that they are dying at would be unacceptable on any car these days. Just because you are ignorant to the bmw brand doesn't mean everyone else is as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 335Xi, 2013 X1
Umm I have had a few Brand new cars from different Marques and lets just say they all have faults and draw backs. Yes I am also a little miffed at the crap I had to buy for my car.

Just like the OP I bought oil filter housing gasket and a new water pump.

My WRX has 2 valve cover gaskets inside 20,000 miles
New Clutch because it rattled when not under pressure,
new pads and rotors at 4,000 miles because of the preservative coating on them while transporting from japan caused the rotors to wear uneven
New injector rail at 1,200
new fuel injector hose due to fuel leak,
new bearings in the rear because they was shot at 25,000
Melting of trunk liner due to exhaust heat

List is endless
So yeah both cars needed attention.

Still if the OP wants a reliable car buy a basic civic
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Better with Butter

Mein Auto: 335i sedan 6MT
Quote:
Umm I have had a few Brand new cars from different Marques and lets just say they all have faults and draw backs. Yes I am also a little miffed at the crap I had to buy for my car.

new pads and rotors at 4,000 miles because of the preservative coating on them while transporting from japan caused the rotors to wear uneven

List is endless

I have a buddy who bought a basic civic last year. It's in getting the transmission fixed (manual trans).

Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 Montego Blue 335i
Quote:

List is endless

Let's be clear because it seems that you're a little confused about the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to allow me to vent my frustration and to also help others that may be experiencing the same problems or symptoms.

The conversation has since been drawn to a matter of reliability and as I previously said earlier in the thread, I enjoy the BMW but to claim that the car is reliable is not an accurate statement. I base this statement on my own experience with BMW and my experience seems to be the norm as Consumer Reports year after year after year reports that BMW is average to below average for reliability.

As I previously said, I do find it funny how some people will post their problems but will immediately defend the BMW brand as being reliable. All I can do is laugh because they've obviously sold themselves on that notion and one person's perception is their reality.

I also discussed the fact that people seem to only think that the only game in town that can offer a fun and sporty car is bmw. Again, how the many are so easily brainwashed. Like I previously posted, the majority of people are simply posers and if they were to be blindfolded and drove a 335, an IS350, a C350, an A4, or a G37, most people would not know the difference in handling between this group.

So yes, I can definitely find a replacement for my 335 that will be just as fun but definitely more reliable. It's only a matter if and when I will leave the BMW brand. If all of these items that are breaking stop breaking because they've been replaced with the most updated specs, then that's one thing. But if they continue to break even after these replacements, then that will be a problem and eventually, I will need to look at different cars. A horse and buggy will not be one of them.