Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM
fredflinstone fredflinstone is offline
Registered User
Location: LA
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 325ci smg
2010 BMW 528i Extended Maintenance

Hi all, I am planning to get a 2010 BMW CPO and wanted to get the extended maintenance, can someone suggest whats the current price in LA?
I got a quote for $2100 from bhBMW and Santa Monica around here but Pacific BMW said their cost is $2876 and cannot go below that which was unfair.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Before you buy the extended maintenance check to see if your car already has it. They tried to sell me extended maint on my old 530 (Monrovia BMW), I refused the extra $2500. Later I went to McKenna BMW to get them to look at the windows for the anti-trap problem, they told me my car had extended maint and would I like them to change the oil, front brakes and wiper blades. Good thing I refused to buy the extended maint, would've been $2500 wasted for something I already had. Still never figured out how the original dealer managed to sell ext maint to the lady who originally leased the car for 24 months, but better she paid for it than I did.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
fredflinstone fredflinstone is offline
Registered User
Location: LA
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 325ci smg
I checked the car has maintenance till end of month. I saw somewhere that someone got it for $1800 or so not sure if that number is still valid.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflinstone View Post
I checked the car has maintenance till end of month. I saw somewhere that someone got it for $1800 or so not sure if that number is still valid.
Honestly, even $1800 for ext maint is excessive. It will only cover the car for 6yrs from the In Service date - and that is important. The things that will need to be replaced in that time are not worth $1800 unless you use only the dealer for maint, which is ludicrous. Look at the service intervals in the car and see what has been done and what will need to be done then look online for the parts that need to be replaced within the next 2 years and I bet you'll save money without buying the plan.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Serpens Serpens is offline
Registered User
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
Mein Auto: 2 BMWs, MB
There is a sponsor here that'll sell it for a hair of $1825. I was all ready to give him my CC info to charge the cost until my dealer laid out what they would charge for the expected services until $100k. It came out to $1700 which means...the ext maint. wasn't worth it. Go to an indy and you'll cut your costs even more. Was an eye opener for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
skj69nyc skj69nyc is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 76
Mein Auto: 535i X drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflinstone View Post
Hi all, I am planning to get a 2010 BMW CPO and wanted to get the extended maintenance, can someone suggest whats the current price in LA?
I got a quote for $2100 from bhBMW and Santa Monica around here but Pacific BMW said their cost is $2876 and cannot go below that which was unfair.
I have a 2009 535i x-drive, my local dealer wanted $2295.00 plus taxes. I called and e-mail Daniel Dutton from Pacific BMW and got a quote of $1895.00 and no taxes. Nice guy. My car needs Brake pads and rotors, Brake flush and 30K service plus loaner so I felt it was worth it. and I still have 1 -1/2 years of service.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM
ProRail ProRail is offline
"Clunker" *****
Location: Columbia MD
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,601
Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
A CPO should be covered for 100,000 miles. After that, find a good indie shop and trust in them. Mine (Urban BMW Service in Catonsville MD) declined to do a complete cooling sysem replacement at 100K so I have stayed with them. Keeping an old car running is MUCH cheaper than buying a new one.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
LivinSD LivinSD is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carlsbad, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 289
Mein Auto: 2010 535i
CPO does not get maintenance automatically. It is an extra expense. CPO is only for mfg warranty for part failure.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 AM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinSD View Post
CPO does not get maintenance automatically. It is an extra expense. CPO is only for mfg warranty for part failure.
Correct, they are 2 different pkgs. However, they cover the same amount of time: Max of 6yrs/100k miles from the In-Service Date of the car, regardless of when you buy it.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
German Steel German Steel is offline
Registered User
Location: Durham NC USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 65
Mein Auto: 2008 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
Before you buy the extended maintenance check to see if your car already has it. They tried to sell me extended maint on my old 530 (Monrovia BMW), I refused the extra $2500. Later I went to McKenna BMW to get them to look at the windows for the anti-trap problem, they told me my car had extended maint and would I like them to change the oil, front brakes and wiper blades. Good thing I refused to buy the extended maint, would've been $2500 wasted for something I already had. Still never figured out how the original dealer managed to sell ext maint to the lady who originally leased the car for 24 months, but better she paid for it than I did.
I had the same thing happen to me. I bought my 08 535xi not knowing I had extended Warrenty Every new second hand owner should check it out with their local dealer.
I got a free spark plug change, rear brake pads, and wiper blades so far. And the dealers coffee machine is pretty good too.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM
pjinca pjinca is online now
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Steel View Post
I had the same thing happen to me. I bought my 08 535xi not knowing I had extended Warrenty Every new second hand owner should check it out with their local dealer.
I got a free spark plug change, rear brake pads, and wiper blades so far. And the dealers coffee machine is pretty good too.
LOL, the coffee machine makes ALL the difference. Here in SoCal we have Crevier BMW, they have like a mini Starbucks inside the dealership. Love grabbing a coffee there.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms