Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
tgbennett tgbennett is offline
Registered User
Location: Norfolk, VA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328I
bought a used 2007 328i what should I check out?

I purchased my first BMW, a 2007 328I sedan I know nothing about these cars so I'm here to learn, what should I do to check out the car since I dont know any service history. The cars had just over 61k Miles. Only thing I've done it had the windows tinted, next week I have to take her in to get a window that doesnt like to roll up fixed. Any suggestions on any thing else? And any suggestions on performance mods I could do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	364961  
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
ctuna ctuna is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: usa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,017
Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Google Mike Miller BMW for a maintenance schedule.

Google Mike Miller BMW for a maintenance schedule.
You may be able to download it online.
The free maintenance schedule is not considered to be adequate by many here.

Lots of info in the link below
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Your window that doesn't roll up might just be a fuse.

There are DIY's on window repairs in the above links in the DIY and maintenance section.
Did the window work before you tinted it?
If you are keeping this car long term or just like to keep you cars in good condition change out
all the lifetime fluids.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Is it manual or automatic?

Last edited by ctuna; 03-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 670
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Google Mike Miller BMW for a maintenance schedule.
You may be able to download it online.
The free maintenance schedule is not considered to be adequate by many here.

Lots of info in the link below
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Your window that doesn't roll up might just be a fuse.

There are DIY's on window repairs in the above links in the DIY and maintenance section.
Did the window work before you tinted it?
If you are keeping this car long term or just like to keep you cars in good condition change out
all the lifetime fluids.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Is it manual or automatic?
ctuna to the rescue!

He gave me the same advice (and more) and I can say that I plan to follow it.

It's nice to have a resource like Bimmerfest that is populated with knowledgeable long term owners that are willing to help us BMW newbies.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
tgbennett tgbennett is offline
Registered User
Location: Norfolk, VA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328I
I have an appointment with the BMW dealership around here to fix it, the window will go down and up, but if it goes down all the way it takes a few tries of the switch to go up. The service center at the place i purchased it said it was a programming issue? They are owned by the same people who owns the bmw dealership, checkered flag bmw, and are paying for all repairs, and no this happened the night i drove the car home, never though to make sure all windows rolled down and back up...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 PM
tgbennett tgbennett is offline
Registered User
Location: Norfolk, VA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post

Is it manual or automatic?
It's a manual, i was so excited to find a manual haha
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,736
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbennett View Post
I purchased my first BMW, a 2007 328I sedan I know nothing about these cars so I'm here to learn, what should I do to check out the car since I dont know any service history. The cars had just over 61k Miles. Only thing I've done it had the windows tinted, next week I have to take her in to get a window that doesnt like to roll up fixed. Any suggestions on any thing else? And any suggestions on performance mods I could do?

Oops! Cart's before the horse.....did you do a PPI or is it CPO?

But, gotta do what ya gotta do. Performance mods open to you are suspension & differential - very modest gains at best for the engine; suspension mods are your best bet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 PM
ptrcd003 ptrcd003 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 497
Mein Auto: 328i LCI
Seems like a question you should be asking BEFORE purchasing the car.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 PM
tgbennett tgbennett is offline
Registered User
Location: Norfolk, VA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrcd003 View Post
Seems like a question you should be asking BEFORE purchasing the car.
I know I should have! The vehicle runs wonderful, just dont know its maintenance history, I had my uncle who is a mechanic look at it but he said he didnt know much about BMW's
I kinda rushed into the purchase because I needed a vehicle and fell in love with it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,736
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbennett View Post
I know I should have! The vehicle runs wonderful, just dont know its maintenance history, I had my uncle who is a mechanic look at it but he said he didnt know much about BMW's
I kinda rushed into the purchase because I needed a vehicle and fell in love with it!

Private party sale, then?

HERE - common prob 328i
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
tgbennett tgbennett is offline
Registered User
Location: Norfolk, VA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328I
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Private party sale, then?

HERE - common prob 328i
Thanks! It's actually from a dealership like Carmax but its owned by the same people at the BMW dealership here so all used vehicles go there and BMW only keeps the best used on their lots
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms