Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Mein Auto: E93
Nope, you can still move the front seats back with the wind deflector in place.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: E93 and F25
Thanks. I guess I should rephrase my question to how far back can I go? Does the windscreen end at the forward mounting holes?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i Monaco Blue 'vert
Yes. It does. No problem moving seat back.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ml3456 View Post
Thanks. I guess I should rephrase my question to how far back can I go? Does the windscreen end at the forward mounting holes?
This shot shows the windscreen in place with the rear seat folded down and the BMW fitted luggage in the back seat.

You can clearly see that the wind deflector will not interfere with the movement of the front seat.
I leave it in pace all of the time during top down season as I rarely have back seat passengers.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 02-09-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell View Post
Well said. Perhaps I've missed a post, but I've seen nobody saying they bought one and returned it because they didn't like it. All the posts about the deflector not being useful seem to be from people who haven't used one?
Borrowed a friend's wind deflector for a recent trip to Charleston, SC. WOW, what a difference! I'm saving my shekels for one now.

Not sure if this question amounts to sacrilege here on Bimmerfest, but does anyone have a suggestion for a less expensive non-OEM/aftermarket brand wind deflector? I imagine the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies here, but I thought I'd ask... Thoughts on the e-bay suppliers, anyone?

2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Old 06-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 328i conv
Thumbs down BMW 328i Alpine White Hard Top Conv - 2009 leaked

My 2009 leaked on the driver's side, at 500 miles, purchased it in Illinois took it to dealer 3 times (no joy) relocated to DC area, while driving through PA over a bridge in the rain, water streamed down the driver's window. That was it! Reported it to BBB and BMW HQ New Jersey w/2k miles, BMW replaced 2009 w/2010 same attributes, HAPPY! Until now, its 2013, my warranty expires in Nov on my 2010 replacement and i've been having trouble with my roof again, how many miles 22k....have i taken care of it....better than my husband. Very disappointed....if you're going to sell a convertible (obtw their only manufactured in Germany) and you know the roof has issues....why not extend the warranty on the roof....especially considering the SAFETY aspects and the FAITH in the customer's reliability. I have a video of the Left latch (unk) breaking after having the seals fixed 2 months earlier, and taking it in because the right latch (unk, proper part name) being the reason i brought it in for the second review. At this point, i'm so disenchanted i don't know whether to trade it in....but i love "My Precious"....so much and did i mention she'll be paid for in May 2014 (Happy 50th Bday). Arrghghha
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: 335is
I'm a recent E93 owner and so far my experience has been exceptional. I did quite a bit of research before purchasing and was split between a E93 M3 or E93 335is. After reading many reviews ( Boston.com - http://tinyurl.com/lcw6l4w and Motor Trend - http://tinyurl.com/mqdgdmg and the write-up from Beden1, I decided on a 2011 335is.

I also used CARMAX to have one delivered because believe it or not but there are not many E93 335is's out there. I had a really good experiance with CARMAX got mine with 24,000 miles on it and they even gave me new OEM tires. That being said I got the extended warranty through CARMAX, it does not cover convertible tops so watch out.

I have had my car about a month put 2,000 miles on it. Since I live in Las Vegas put my top down pretty much everyday, I don't see much rain. I've run it through a car wash twice and not had a single leak. The trunk space is small but I regularly put two duffel bags under the divider with no problems. Also I spent $10 on a seat-belt attachment for the dog and he loves cruises.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0954.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	380705  

Last edited by bri335is; 06-09-2013 at 01:50 AM.