Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Future M3 Driver?

Mein Auto: 07 BMW 335i Coupe
Bmw 335

Hello all I am new here and I am looking forward to learning more about BMW's! I currently have no car as I totaled my suped up Honda Civic. I got that car when I was 16 and now I want a slightly more adult looking car but still fun to drive.

I am looking at a 2007 BMW 335i coupe manual with the sports package, premium package, cold weather package, navigation, titanium silver with the coral red interior. It's real nice and seems fully loaded. It's around 23k with only 46k miles. I would prefer a white car but other then that it seems perfect.

Here comes my questions and concerns. It seems the key was stuck in it at the dealership so I did not get to test drive, they even have to order a part for it. Also I have read about a fuel pump issue? How expensive are the tires and why cant I put reg tires on it? Whats up once a year servicing? Do you have to use premium fuel? Does anyone here read long threads like this? lol Anything else I should know?
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I Know Nothing

Mein Auto: '10 E92 335i
Answers:

1- Lots of threads on this board about that subject. You could spend 2 days reading them all. I personally wouldn't (and didn't) let it sway me.

2- Tires are expensive because the OEM's are run-flats but you can put regular (go-flats) on as many have done.

3- This is becoming more and more common with car manufacturers. Again, lots of dispute about this matter. I always follow the manufacturers recommendations and have always been pleased with the longevity and reliability of my vehicles. If it bothers you then do it more frequently.

4- Yes (well no you don't HAVE to but your car likes it better)

5- Yes

6- Yes. Lots. Use the Search function and have fun.

Bonus Answer - Welcome to the site and good luck on your purchase.

2010 E92 335i
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2007 E93 328i (Sold)
2002 Ford Focus SVT (Sold)
2001 Ford SVT Lightning (Sold)
1983 BMX (Totaled... Twice)

Last edited by Dwight_Schrute; 03-10-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Future M3 Driver?

Mein Auto: 07 BMW 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Schrute View Post
Answers:

1- Lots of threads on this board about that subject. You could spend 2 days reading them all. I personally wouldn't (and didn't) let it sway me.

2- Tires are expensive because the OEM's are run-flats but you can put regular (go-flats) on as many have done.

3- This is becoming more and more common with car manufacturers. Again, lots of dispute about this matter. I always follow the manufacturers recommendations and have always been pleased with the longevity and reliability of my vehicles. If it bothers you then do it more frequently.

4- Yes (well no you don't HAVE to but your car likes it better)

5- Yes

6- Yes. Lots. Use the Search function and have fun.

Bonus Answer - Welcome to the site and good luck on your purchase.
Thanks Dwight! I thought about putting low profile tires on it so that is a plus.