Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Always made me feel loved What part of VA? Out in the sticks or in the good part (I kid) like NoVA.

I've not been doing a good job studying lol I wish I could take them all monday the wait is killing me
What sucks is the Thursday test is my last test before Spring break!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedia23 View Post
Net worth of multiple millions yet leases a 328...and I own BMW of NA
My friends all have nice cars too... S4s C350s ect #countryclubprobs
Quote:
That's what you can tell yourself to help you sleep at night knowing a 17 yr old has a nicer car than you.
You probably roll around in your disgusting 328 thinking everyone looks up to you..
Quote:
I know you are insecure about yourself when you try to find faults in others...specially a minor...
Quote:
It also feels good to have your parents buy you a car...it's a lot less stressful..
Quote:
McDonald's..funny you bring that up..because my parents are subway DAs in Bolivia and Chile
I live in Great Falls,VA..
Well this is my first post on the forum so hello everybody. BJ I have to say I've been lurking on this forum for months now and I find you quite funny. I have to agree with most of what you say especially in regards to the F30. It's a great car and I test drove a no-line 328i and I found it impressive. I would love to have one as my next car.

I have to say what I quoted above is part of the reason why people hate young BMW drivers. I know a lot of kids like yourself and I have to say most of them have ended up on drugs or even killing themselves because they feel a sense of entitlement because they have mommy and daddy's money. It's not a bad thing to have money but it's also good to be down to earth about it. Bragging about having your parents buy you a car surely isn't something that is a good thing. My parents bought my first car, a Toyota Camry and I gotta say I was the happiest kid on the planet. Not because a Camry is what every 16 year old wants but that my parents even bought me a car that was safe, dependable and comfortable. I kept thinking how lucky I was. Maybe one day you will get a reality check and realize that being bratty will get you nowhere in life and can hinder you.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Not upset, very pleased that the harsh, horrible, tooth-rattling, pothole-exploding bedspring of a suspension that I suffered with in my E90 is gone and has been replaced with something very civilized.

For the 1% of the time that I'm actually hitting a hard, long turn and the body roll gets annoying, I simply tap the brake and all is well again. I don't want anything to do with a Sport suspension, but I will buy a simple sway bar when one is released. Will reduce the roll and preserve the soft and comfortable luxury suspension that's standard on the F30.

BJ
Why not get a Benz? I had an E class rental for a week. Very comfortable ride. Chicks dig it. Lot's of body roll but who cares? I am driving a Benz. Everyone behind ME needs to slow down too.

And the funny thing is you can't even figure out how to open the hood. I had to look in the manual it's so well hidden.

ETA: But I did get dusted by a BRZ. Pretty effin embarrassing to get anihillated by a 25k car.

Last edited by pony_trekker; 03-10-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Usual Suspect

Mein Auto: 750 Li Xdrive
Quote:
My car has an MSRP of $50,000 and leasing costs more than owning, something you'll realize when you graduate college and your family forces you to earn a car on your own. I've got a net worth in multiple millions, I've got a 14 year old son, he'll get a beater BMW as a high schooler too, but once he's out of school, he's on his own. Enjoy your 2018 Kia.

Do any of your friends ask you why you are driving a car whose owners average 48 years old, or do they just laugh at you when you drive away?

BJ

Quote:
I am kept awake at night by nothing, I have everything I ever wanted and financial security for life.

I am sure there are 17 year olds driving nicer cars than me, but you are not one of them.

17 year olds with no work ethic, bad manners, and a poor set of values fail in the real world.

When I was 17 I had a girlfriend, and the last place I'd be spending my nights and weekends was talking to a bunch of 48 year olds about my dad's car.

BJ
But at 48 you spend your nights and weekends trying to convince a 17 year old how rich you are.

I think our young friend needs to spend a bit more time here to be able to fully understand BJ, his role here on Bimmerfest and why so many here enjoy his antics.

2014 B7 Alpina (daily driver Mass.), 2014 Maserati Gran Cabrio (daily driver Florida), 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (wife's car Mass), 2014 AMG S63 (wife's car Florida)

1969 Camaro Z28, 1964 Jaguar E-Type, Caterham Super 7 (track car), 1957 Thunderbird, 1954 Jaguar XK120, 1958 Corvette, 1955 MGTF, 1965 Shelby GT350, Superformance 427 Cobra, 1955 Chevrolet Nomad, 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe, 2001 BMW Z8,2014 McLaren 650S,

Last edited by UnderSteer; 03-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
Well this is my first post on the forum so hello everybody. BJ I have to say I've been lurking on this forum for months now and I find you quite funny. I have to agree with most of what you say especially in regards to the F30. It's a great car and I test drove a no-line 328i and I found it impressive. I would love to have one as my next car.

I have to say what I quoted above is part of the reason why people hate young BMW drivers. I know a lot of kids like yourself and I have to say most of them have ended up on drugs or even killing themselves because they feel a sense of entitlement because they have mommy and daddy's money. It's not a bad thing to have money but it's also good to be down to earth about it. Bragging about having your parents buy you a car surely isn't something that is a good thing. My parents bought my first car, a Toyota Camry and I gotta say I was the happiest kid on the planet. Not because a Camry is what every 16 year old wants but that my parents even bought me a car that was safe, dependable and comfortable. I kept thinking how lucky I was. Maybe one day you will get a reality check and realize that being bratty will get you nowhere in life and can hinder you.
Well said!

This happened today:

http://www.wtop.com/139/3245478/Arli...dead-2-injured

These happend back in 2008:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=4198416&page=1

http://www.rpmgo.com/teenager-crashe...3-into-a-house

See a trend?
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 03-10-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderSteer View Post
But at 48 you spend your nights and weekends trying to convince a 17 year old how rich you are.

I think our young friend needs to spend a bit more time here to be able to fully understand BJ, his role here on Bimmerfest and why so many here enjoy his antics.
Yeah, but he started. LOL.

Unlike some others who don't get the banter, this kid thinks he's impressive by driving the wrong car for the wrong reasons. When I was 17, I appreciated my dad letting me drive his car but couldn't wait for the day where I could buy my own. I was never interested in a free ride. Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:

First off, welcome aboard.

Next, you get it, certainly it's all about having parents who set you up to succeed but don't hand you something on a platter. My kids will have good values and a good education and the rest is up to them. We set up our trusts to pay out when they turn 30, and only a small percentage, the rest kicking in when they're in their 40's.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_trekker View Post
Why not get a Benz? I had an E class rental for a week. Very comfortable ride. Chicks dig it. Lot's of body roll but who cares? I am driving a Benz. Everyone behind ME needs to slow down too.

And the funny thing is you can't even figure out how to open the hood. I had to look in the manual it's so well hidden.

ETA: But I did get dusted by a BRZ. Pretty effin embarrassing to get anihillated by a 25k car.
A BMW says a certain something about its owner that a Mercedes doesn't. When I turn 70, I'll consider it.

BJ

Old 03-10-2013, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
A BMW says a certain something about its owner that a Mercedes doesn't.
BJ
I get a reserved spot at the applebees, and free quesadillas because they like having my e90 in the parking lot. The owner basically said when the e90s on scene foot traffic spikes 67%.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
A BMW says a certain something about its owner that a Mercedes doesn't. When I turn 70, I'll consider it.

BJ
Twice, in one week, young twenty-something women waved at me in the E Class. That never happens in the E92.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
There was one not too long about about a 17 year old who stole an E46 M3 from a dealership and then proceeded to wrap it around a tree going about 100MPH or so. Of course he was drunk so he lived, but his friend that was a passenger died instantly. What does he do? He leaves the scene and doesn't even call 911!

Quote:
First off, welcome aboard.

Next, you get it, certainly it's all about having parents who set you up to succeed but don't hand you something on a platter. My kids will have good values and a good education and the rest is up to them. We set up our trusts to pay out when they turn 30, and only a small percentage, the rest kicking in when they're in their 40's.

BJ
I have two very hardworking parents that have both come from nothing without college degrees to make something of themselves. My father is a contractor and that business is particularly tough even though the economy is showing signs of improvement. I've always been told that if I want something I have to work for it. So while I may not have the newest BMW or even the nicest E46 I can say that I bought it and I have done most of the work myself. I take pride in that.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Not all irresponsible jerks are young.

Last week in Brooklyn a 43 year old going double the speed limit crashed a BMW into a livery cab and killed a young couple and their unborn child and them fled the scene.

FWIW when I was 17 my parents bought me a car (a used Ford convertible). When I was 21 I bought a new Pontiac Firebird.
I tried to get my parents to buy me cars for years after that but they would have no part of it.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 03-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2010 335i sedan
Yeah but bringing that up is beyond messed up...it's all fun and games and "trolling" until you try insinuate that someone is going to die...
Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Not all irresponsible jerks are young.

Last week in Brooklyn a 43 year old going double the speed limit crashed a BMW into a livery cab and killed a young couple and their unborn child and them fled the scene.

CA
Then the baby died hours later.

Not even taking a moment to see what you have done, seeing if you can help, running instead...I hope he gets REAL jail time.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22 PM

All depends on how good of a team he brings to court...unethical but that's how the system works.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
All depends on how good of a team he brings to court...unethical but that's how the system works.
He is an ex-con who has a recent DUI and probably does not have the funds to lawyer his way out of it.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_trekker View Post
Twice, in one week, young twenty-something women waved at me in the E Class. That never happens in the E92.
Big girls need the extra room in the backseat. Thats why
Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
There was one not too long about about a 17 year old who stole an E46 M3 from a dealership and then proceeded to wrap it around a tree going about 100MPH or so. Of course he was drunk so he lived, but his friend that was a passenger died instantly. What does he do? He leaves the scene and doesn't even call 911!

I have two very hardworking parents that have both come from nothing without college degrees to make something of themselves. My father is a contractor and that business is particularly tough even though the economy is showing signs of improvement. I've always been told that if I want something I have to work for it. So while I may not have the newest BMW or even the nicest E46 I can say that I bought it and I have done most of the work myself. I take pride in that.
Good for you. You'll get very far.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:

Outstanding. Right attitude, strong work-ethic, success awaits you.

You have good parents. Make sure they know that.

BJ

Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 AM

I have fantastic parents...
Attachment 365832
Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i SP
Quote:
The E90 is the mistake between the E46 and the F30. From a performance standpoint, looks something like this:

E46 = 10
E90 = 5
F30 = 9

From a luxury standpoint, looks something like this:

E46 = 7
E90 = 5
F30 = 10

BJ
And now back to reality:

Overall performance
E46 = 8
E90 = 7
F30 = 5

Overall luxury
E46 = 3
E90 = 4
F30 = 8

This is what the E46 owners said about the E90 when it came out ( in terms of ride and handling ):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104901

Last edited by LegendsNeverDie; 03-11-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendsNeverDie View Post
And now back to reality:

Overall performance
E46 = 8
E90 = 7
F30 = 5

Overall luxury
E46 = 3
E90 = 4
F30 = 8

This is what the E46 owners said about the E90 when it came out ( in terms of ride and handling ):

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104901

Overall performance
E46 = 8
E90 =8
F30 = 8

Overall luxury
E46 = 5
E90 = 6
F30 = 7

Those are my numbers from experience

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I have fantastic parents...
Attachment 365832
Invalid attachment...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 AM

I don't find my E46 particularly luxurious but I can say that from the 10 minute test drive I did of a no line 328i that the ride was more comfortable, especially the seats. My car doesn't have the sport package so it has the really flat, sometimes uncomfortable seats that get on my nerves (and only the heat saves my back) while the new car had base seats that were quite comfortable compared to mine. The ride is smoother as well, though there is less feedback through the steering wheel than my car. Obviously this car has gotten bigger but that's ok IMO. Every single generation of 3 Series has had critics that say the car has gone soft compared to previous generations.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post
Overall performance
E46 = 8
E90 =8
F30 = 8

Overall luxury
E46 = 5
E90 = 6
F30 = 7

Those are my numbers from experience
Hmmm I guess performance wise all three generations are pretty strong but I prefer the E46 over the other two. Luxury wise I don't think it is close. The F30 is just so much more modern than the E46 and E90. Outside of the real nice leather I really never found the E90 to be luxurious in any way. Same goes for the E46.