Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330ci ZHP
Need Advice on Selling my '06 330ci w/ ZHP

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here but didn't find the answer to my questions elsewhere. My wife and I are looking to upgrade to an X3 so I'm preparing to sell my car. I own a 6-speed, 2006 330ci with ZHP, 88k miles, and located in Los Angeles. Mechanically its in great condition with no issues but it will need new back brakes sometime this year (fronts just replaced) - cosmetically, there is rust around the wheel hubs and a scratch on the passenger door. First question: should I make these fixes first before trying to sell it to maximize my dollar? I've read a lot out about how the ZHP versions are cherished amongst BMW enthusiasts so I'm hoping I can get top dollar for it. Kelly Blue Book lists the private party value around $16,500 with the performance package (I assumed clicking this option means ZHP package but correct me if I'm wrong). Do you think this is a fair price to list it at? I'm afraid that buyers will try to talk down my price once they learn it will need new back brakes and will have to spend $150 or so to remove the rust areas. I want to leave enough wiggle room in my list price in case someone tries to negotiate me down. At the end of the day I would be happy to get $16k or so.

Any advice would be great, thanks guys!
Ads by Google
Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 E89 F30(Msport)
Brakes to us are a non issue. A call to our favorite parts vendor and we're in business. We tend not to let other people maintain our cars. My advice, get it professionally detailed, then take a lot of photos. Even photos that document a stack of receipts for tires and oil changes with the car keys in the photo get my attention. The rusty hubs are normal - this is a non issue. Put an ad up on the classifieds here on this site and it will sell. Photos of the inside, outside, the engine bay, the original paperwork, all this counts. Do not entertain low ball offers, figure out what it's worth and stick to your guns.

Last edited by charlesberry; 03-12-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Sounds like a great car....good luck with the sale !

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjr132 View Post
...preparing to sell my car... 6-speed, 2006 330ci with ZHP, 88k miles, and located in Los Angeles....
Any advice would be great, thanks guys!
I would post this question on the zhpmafia.com forum, and post the car there. Good place to check prices, too.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM

Mein Auto: IB E60 M5, MW F30 328XI
I sold my Zhp in July 2012 for $3000 under blue book value. Although it is a revered enthusiasts car not many enthusiasts are willing to pay the premium associated with owning a Zhp. Think of it this way, if you have $16k to spend, would you rather own an 03 M3 or 06 Zhp? Not trying to burst your bubble but just letting you know what to expect. On the upside I got my M5 3k under kbb that same month so it evened out. A weak market means you will not see kbb. I would post it for $16 and consider any offer $13,000 or up.

Last edited by S85FTW; 03-12-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330ci ZHP
thanks for all the replies everyone,this really helps!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci Conv
Sounds like a great car i know Kbb values it at that price but there are alot of lowballers out there so prepare to be entertained with rediculous offers. Like previous posts. Detail it. Dnt worry about the brakes and good luck.. I wouldnt let it go less than $13,500. Its still a good amount for your next car.