Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:12 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
yeah this car is always been serviced/maintained at BMW which is good so is always used genuine parts, but things seem to be replaced when they break rather than preventative maintence. the fuel filter for example has BMW stamp on it, but it might be the original who knows. i must check the date stamp on it. I use parts sourced by third parties direct from bosch/alto/etc rather than via the dealership so same parts but just dont have the 150% markup and the BMW stamp and part number on the side of it. made by the exact same people though.

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 10-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1987 BMW 325e
Any updates for us?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Well, this car has got a bit of loving recently, but mostly boring stuff!

The car started missing, but i knew it was going to happen sooner or later, as i probably have posted about in the past, the dizzy cap and rotor were both the original ones for the car, so over 22 years old! I so i ordered new cap and rotor, and now the car starts super quickly each time and MUCH smoother! i could not get over the difference! so i decided to go ahead and order caps and rotors for my V12 E34 and put those on and same result. so recommend that if your cars are still on the original ones! also noticed slight improvement in round town economy, which as most of you know is the ultimate goal for this car. Will be replacing the plugs as well in the new year. Not sure when they were last replaced, though certainly not the original ones, plugs dont last that long.

then, a guy i know that has a silver Tech 2 E30 touring (quite a well known car in NZ) decided to buy some new wheels for his car, so i picked up his rims. they are genuine 15" Motorsport basket weaves, very rare on a road car in NZ because the few sets that do exist are usually snapped up, as the E30 spec race series requires them or equivalent dimension wheels.

so i put these on today, gave the car its bi-weekly wash, and put it back in the drive, then decided to take some photos for you guys which are below.

I have a set of 325i ebaich springs and bilstein shocks in the shed, complete with ventilated front disks which i will put on now that it has some nice wheels. I need to figure out if the 316i calliper can take the ventilated disks or not, i dont know if they are a different part number to standard 325i front calipers or not, i know they are different to motorsport/iS ones. if not, i need to find out if the non-ventilated disks (standard on 316i only i believe) will fit the 325i struts/hubs. oh the joy of E30s. But i do enjoy working on it. as cool as my V12 E34 is, i HATE working on it. everything is so tight fit/custom etc.

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 AM

Well, some of you that are on my Facebook as well will already know this, but i sold my E30 on Monday

but i got some proffessional (though free) photos done the weekend before, so here they are. i think this came a long way in my ownership

had i owned it a bit more, the next thing i would have done is fit a colour matched iS lip, and it would have had the Ebaich/Bilstein setup i have gathering dust put in it. But a buyer came along for it as is, so he can have some fun with it now.

one of the few E30s i have owned that i will actually genuinely miss

Photobomb

E30 above Sold