Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Cars and trucks and boats
Opinions on order

After much debate, looking for a demo X1 that is just not right, I think (pending family approvals since it is mainly a third car and will be my daughter's in a couple of years...) we're going to order one that suits our needs

I've settled on a white/beige leatherette s2.8 with M sport, Lighting and Technology w wood interior and Power seats...I think it is a good balance between performance, safety and good technology.

Looking to get the USAA and loyalty credit and a target price of $500-$800 above invoice.

So far most of what I have seen either has Premium or utimate package (we do not want a sunroof) and do want sport seats.

Likely going to do the PCD since we have family in Western North Carolina and it is a quick flight to Greenville SC for us

Any thoughts? anything I missed?
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1
BMW will not let you get both PCD and the USAA discount. (At least that's what my dealer said.)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive 28i
Looks about right to me. The $500 to $800 above invoice should be easily achievable. I was in that range without any serious negotiation.

I am also doing PCD (they refuse to schedule a pickup date until EPA certifications are complete). Very much looking forward to it.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM

Mein Auto: Cars and trucks and boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desler View Post
BMW will not let you get both PCD and the USAA discount. (At least that's what my dealer said.)
I do not see how the two are connected... While I have not had that discussion, i will be sure to bring it up...Perhaps it has something to do with losing a mark up on "Dealer Prep" and detail...

I have heard of instances where the ED has some issues, because the dealer essentially is losing the extra 5% on the markup between the ED price and the US price, but the delivery cost of $895 is a BMW charge and it shouldn't matter where it gets delivered to.

Thanks for the Hades up
Old 03-15-2013, 01:03 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwickberg View Post
I do not see how the two are connected... While I have not had that discussion, i will be sure to bring it up...Perhaps it has something to do with losing a mark up on "Dealer Prep" and detail...

I have heard of instances where the ED has some issues, because the dealer essentially is losing the extra 5% on the markup between the ED price and the US price, but the delivery cost of $895 is a BMW charge and it shouldn't matter where it gets delivered to.

Thanks for the Hades up
Actually, on ED the dealer is not missing out. They are charged a lower invoice price. So a $500 over invoice is the same $500 for ED, delivery at your dealer, or at the PDC.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878