Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Anyone here have this?

Just wondering if anyone on here has this VIS front bumper on there e60v if so does it work with pdc and how is fitment


Last edited by Rob3980; 03-10-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 PM
pjinca pjinca is offline
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,130
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
I have seen this before, once. It looks okay in person, not great. If I was going to deviate from M-Tech I would go with Prior Design, better quality and cheaper than that VIS one.
http://www.priordesignnorthamerica.c..._product_line#

^^^^I much prefer that front bumper.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Vapiano's Avatar
Vapiano Vapiano is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 155
Mein Auto: Dinan E60 M5 & 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
I have seen this before, once. It looks okay in person, not great. If I was going to deviate from M-Tech I would go with Prior Design, better quality and cheaper than that VIS one.
http://www.priordesignnorthamerica.c..._product_line#

^^^^I much prefer that front bumper.
+1, this front bumper is sexy as hell!
__________________
2004 545iA, Titansilber Metallic/Black Dakota, Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages, Navigation, Premium Sound, Logic 7, HL Washers, Active Steering/Suspension, PDC, Adaptive Bi-Xenon,Voice Command, Beltronics STiR +, 58% Full Tint, Smoked Side Markers, 19" Hyper Silver Avant Garde M359/Michelin PSS, M5 Trunk Finisher & iDrive Controller, Dinan Performance Mods: High Flow Intake & Throttle Body, S3 Engine Software, S1 Suspension, CF Front Strut Brace and High Flow Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
pjinca pjinca is offline
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,130
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapiano View Post
+1, this front bumper is sexy as hell!
Not just sexier than the VIS, the VIS one is about $1400, the Prior Design one is $999, so it's cheaper too
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
That is sweet! I may go with that front bumper over the m5
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 AM
ArtchredTTU ArtchredTTU is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 521
Mein Auto: 550i
Good God... How old are y'all? 18-20 yrs old??? Any aftermarket products are crap and made from china. If you want to add body kits and lights, buy a Honda or a Nissian.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Vapiano's Avatar
Vapiano Vapiano is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 155
Mein Auto: Dinan E60 M5 & 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtchredTTU View Post
Good God... How old are y'all? 18-20 yrs old??? Any aftermarket products are crap and made from china. If you want to add body kits and lights, buy a Honda or a Nissian.
Based on your response; I'd say you were 18-20 years old
__________________
2004 545iA, Titansilber Metallic/Black Dakota, Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages, Navigation, Premium Sound, Logic 7, HL Washers, Active Steering/Suspension, PDC, Adaptive Bi-Xenon,Voice Command, Beltronics STiR +, 58% Full Tint, Smoked Side Markers, 19" Hyper Silver Avant Garde M359/Michelin PSS, M5 Trunk Finisher & iDrive Controller, Dinan Performance Mods: High Flow Intake & Throttle Body, S3 Engine Software, S1 Suspension, CF Front Strut Brace and High Flow Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Don't worry about what we do to our cars worry about your own car it's not like were spending your $ .
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 AM
RIHI RIHI is online now
Registered User
Location: N. Cali
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 83
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3980 View Post
don't worry about what we do to our cars worry about your own car it's not like were spending your $ .
+1000
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
ArtchredTTU ArtchredTTU is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 521
Mein Auto: 550i
Vapiano = I'm close to that age, but not nearly that young.

Only reason I vented my opinion (which I know doesn't matter) is because it's devalues the rest of "us" who drive luxury vehicles.

A perfect example - Just about any 04-06 7 Series I see now all have 22-24 inch rims with subs in the back. Those people ruin the idea and imagine of what it is to own a BMW and dramatically devalues what it's like to own a 7 series.

As you can see, I have nothing to do right now at work lol.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Vapiano's Avatar
Vapiano Vapiano is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 155
Mein Auto: Dinan E60 M5 & 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtchredTTU View Post
Vapiano = I'm close to that age, but not nearly that young.

Only reason I vented my opinion (which I know doesn't matter) is because it's devalues the rest of "us" who drive luxury vehicles.

A perfect example - Just about any 04-06 7 Series I see now all have 22-24 inch rims with subs in the back. Those people ruin the idea and imagine of what it is to own a BMW and dramatically devalues what it's like to own a 7 series.

As you can see, I have nothing to do right now at work lol.
I hear you; no worries man!
__________________
2004 545iA, Titansilber Metallic/Black Dakota, Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages, Navigation, Premium Sound, Logic 7, HL Washers, Active Steering/Suspension, PDC, Adaptive Bi-Xenon,Voice Command, Beltronics STiR +, 58% Full Tint, Smoked Side Markers, 19" Hyper Silver Avant Garde M359/Michelin PSS, M5 Trunk Finisher & iDrive Controller, Dinan Performance Mods: High Flow Intake & Throttle Body, S3 Engine Software, S1 Suspension, CF Front Strut Brace and High Flow Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Mike_K Mike_K is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 118
Mein Auto: 6 Speed 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtchredTTU View Post
Vapiano = I'm close to that age, but not nearly that young.

Only reason I vented my opinion (which I know doesn't matter) is because it's devalues the rest of "us" who drive luxury vehicles.

A perfect example - Just about any 04-06 7 Series I see now all have 22-24 inch rims with subs in the back. Those people ruin the idea and imagine of what it is to own a BMW and dramatically devalues what it's like to own a 7 series.

As you can see, I have nothing to do right now at work lol.
It doesn't devalue it at all... The car itself devalues it. Depreciation on these cars is such that younger people can afford to buy them and do these things. If you want to be mad at someone be mad at BMW for having such terrible brand depreciation.

I haven't seen anything here that's tasteless. Some of it is not my cup of tea but none of it is over the top, plus the E60 is kind of a boy racer car to begin with anyhow so it doesn't look out of place when it's modded, unlike a 7 series. Then again, I like the 02 - 04 7 series with larger rims.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 AM
BlackBlade BlackBlade is offline
Registered User
Location: Jakarta
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: BMW E60 '06
The prior wide body looks wicked!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
pjinca pjinca is offline
USAF Pararescue Veteran
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,130
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_K View Post
It doesn't devalue it at all... The car itself devalues it. Depreciation on these cars is such that younger people can afford to buy them and do these things. If you want to be mad at someone be mad at BMW for having such terrible brand depreciation.

I haven't seen anything here that's tasteless. Some of it is not my cup of tea but none of it is over the top, plus the E60 is kind of a boy racer car to begin with anyhow so it doesn't look out of place when it's modded, unlike a 7 series. Then again, I like the 02 - 04 7 series with larger rims.
Completely agree, sure flame someone that puts ridiculous mods on their car - keep it classy. However, modding for individuality will never bother me. But then it bothered me when I bought my car and saw 7 others on the lot that were identical except for the color, I knew immediately I would mod my car.
__________________

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 589
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
completely agree, sure flame someone that puts ridiculous mods on their car - keep it classy. However, modding for individuality will never bother me. But then it bothered me when i bought my car and saw 7 others on the lot that were identical except for the color, i knew immediately i would mod my car.
+1
__________________
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 589
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3980 View Post
Don't worry about what we do to our cars worry about your own car it's not like were spending your $ .
Well said
__________________
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
After looking at it I don't like the way the prior designs front sticks out. So I will be sticking w the M5 kit with front lip. Got a quote for paint and install from a great shop today $600 SCORE!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms