Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2013, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive 3.0i
Acceleration problem in DS mode

Hi all,

I drive a 2009 X5 3.0. (currently has 73000 km). Today (a cold day -14C or so), on the way to go home at a complete stop and just before merging in the highway, I put the X5 in DS mode (I normally drive it in D mode). I was able to get to about 40 km/hr but it would not go faster and the fuel economy gauge was stuck at its highest. I pulled over and put it back in D and it got going with no problems. Driving at about 80 km/hr I tried the DS mode 3 more times. I had the same issue in the first try (fuel economy gauge stuck and not going any faster with me pushing the gas pedal) but had no issues with 2nd and 3rd tries in the DS mode. When I got home, I stopped to pick up the mail and noticed that the fan was unusually loud. Turned the car off and back on. The fan was on but not as loud. Thankfully I am still covered under warranty and just booked an appointment to take it in on Monday. I am just wondering if any of you guys have ever seen anything like this? It is always nicer to go to the service center with some background.

Thank you,

M

2007 BMW X3 3.0SI, Titanium Silver on Black Nevada, Technology, Premium, Winter, Premium Audio (Traded in)
Ads by Google