Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 03-17-2013, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 SDRIVE 35i
servicing-Z4 35I (E89)

Hi,
I, have just returned from my local dealers STRATSTONE BMW-LEEDS, where I was charged 512:16p for second service, since the cars first service in March2011 it has only covered 5,000mls, they changed the oil & oil filter micro filter atr filter spark plugs changed the brake fluid which took them 3hours and then after I had paid the bill they informed me I had to return the vehicle in June for a vehicle health check (at a cost of 125) this they say is to keep my service history up to date!
can anybody tell me if this is right? I feel as if I have been ambushed
Regards,
Bob.
Ads by Google
Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Hi ! I am afraid you have been ambushed to a point, Firstly your car is still in warranty so service record matters. When you read the service schedule for the car you will see that it is condition and time based maintenance. Of the things you have mentioned I cannot understand the spark plugs, but then again it maybe different on the 35i,???
The brake fluid should be changed every 2 years, the micro-filter well maybe? But the cost for you has been the fact that you pay BMW prices for parts, just check the price of the engine oil??
You do not need the health checks they are NOT part of the warranty schedule, they are a 'nice to do' NOT !!!!!!!! So the best thing to do is find the service schedule for your model and check accordingly so you are aware of what needs to be done and the cost.
There is nothing stopping you going to an independent even during warranty, so long as the schedule if followed and OEM parts used you will not invalidate your warranty.
Where sticking with the BMW network is when things happen out of warranty, if you have had your car serviced by them consistently, then they are more pre-disposed to being more flexible in giving Ex-gratia payments/ discounts if something goes wrong but from my experience never a guarantee.

Does my bum look good in this !

Last edited by 645/333; 03-17-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Spark plugs are changed every 45,000 miles, or whatever that is in Km.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package