Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
What to do after u go FBO?

Just wondering what all the 535ers do performance wise after they go FBO ( tune, intake, fmic, dp's, meth, and rb turbos)
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 PM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
Vishnu Single Turbo upgrade or Vargas Turbo Stage 3 Twin Turbos?

Of course, this would be AFTER LSD, upgraded half shafts, single mass flywheel, suspension upgrades, etc.

Last edited by AlterZgo; 03-16-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Oceans10's Avatar
Oceans10 Oceans10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,499
Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
It's a 3 liter engine with twin turbo. Designed as a luxury performance sedan. The platform was sort of taken to the limit with the M5, though the N54 engine can be tuned even further. At some point you have to change too many things to make everything balance out. F.ex. if the objective was to have a super quick and agile track demon, then starting out with a loaded 3,800 lbs car is not a smart way to approach it. Better to get a 135 and gut it, then overhaul suspension and tune it. Some times more power is actually detrimental to the overall performance result.
__________________
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 prepro, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, iDock on dash
Performance: Protuned Cobb, AR Downpipes, ER FMIC/CP, DCI, RB turbos, KW V2 coilovers, AEM 320E LPFP/ported fuel rail
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-16-2013, 11:39 PM
booyaazaa's Avatar
booyaazaa booyaazaa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Bay, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans10 View Post
it's a 3 liter engine with twin turbo. Designed as a luxury performance sedan. The platform was sort of taken to the limit with the m5, though the n54 engine can be tuned even further. At some point you have to change too many things to make everything balance out. F.ex. If the objective was to have a super quick and agile track demon, then starting out with a loaded 3,800 lbs car is not a smart way to approach it. Better to get a 135 and gut it, then overhaul suspension and tune it. Some times more power is actually detrimental to the overall performance result.
+1
__________________

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Yeah I was just wondering what u guys were doing after FBO. I'm a noob and don't really plan on doing more then FBO. You could say I'm just bored and wondering. I apologize
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 AM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Rob

Go to http://www.e90post.com and you should get your answer, people go vishnu single turbo direction and race gas etc pumping to 700+whp

I would never play with my 535i.. FBO is perfect unless you hit the race track often..
__________________
418whp/476wtq, 0-60 in 3.83s
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Cobb (Race E30 Map PTF -Jake) | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | ER anodized FMIC |AR DP Catted |TIAL Q BOV | ER Diverter Valve Charge Pipe | Quaife LSD | RPI GT Race Catback Exhaust | P3(VIDI) Boost Gauge| BMS LT Thermostat | LED AE, Interior, Fog, Side Marker | 19" Style 433 M | Michelin PS A/S 3 |
BMWCCA member# 480266
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:30 AM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord

Last edited by F1.tifosi; 03-17-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:30 AM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans10 View Post
it's a 3 liter engine with twin turbo. Designed as a luxury performance sedan. The platform was sort of taken to the limit with the m5, though the n54 engine can be tuned even further. At some point you have to change too many things to make everything balance out. F.ex. If the objective was to have a super quick and agile track demon, then starting out with a loaded 3,800 lbs car is not a smart way to approach it. Better to get a 135 and gut it, then overhaul suspension and tune it. Some times more power is actually detrimental to the overall performance result.

+1
__________________
418whp/476wtq, 0-60 in 3.83s
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Cobb (Race E30 Map PTF -Jake) | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | ER anodized FMIC |AR DP Catted |TIAL Q BOV | ER Diverter Valve Charge Pipe | Quaife LSD | RPI GT Race Catback Exhaust | P3(VIDI) Boost Gauge| BMS LT Thermostat | LED AE, Interior, Fog, Side Marker | 19" Style 433 M | Michelin PS A/S 3 |
BMWCCA member# 480266
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 AM
booyaazaa's Avatar
booyaazaa booyaazaa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Bay, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3980 View Post
Yeah I was just wondering what u guys were doing after FBO. I'm a noob and don't really plan on doing more then FBO. You could say I'm just bored and wondering. I apologize
What tune are you running?
__________________

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Rob3980 Rob3980 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Right now I have jb4 dp's dci and meth kit. Plan on a fmic this summer
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 PM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
I don't understand the hate in this thread. I can respect a person's opinion that they believe this is a luxury sedan so there's no point in modifying it for more power. But, why even bother clicking on a thread titled "What to do after u go FBO?" To just piss on the OP's decision to mod their car?

OP - No need to apologize. There are a number of people who are modding their 535s because they are super easy to mod and the E90/E92 folks have done all the hard testing already on the N54 motor. So, why not take advantage of their development and see how far a N54 equipped E60 can be pushed?

I drove my friend's SMG E60 M5 and test drove a 6MT E60 M5. The M5 is a great car, but I thought it felt really heavy and the engine was a like a big block Honda VTEC motor (this is not a knock, it is a high compliment as Honda makes some awesome motors). It was fast and it revved like a mofo, but the M5 felt a tad weak on torque. It did not feel as nimble as my 535 or the 550i I test drove. I did love how linear the M5 motor was and how precise throttle position gave you exact degree of acceleration.

With that said, I am enjoying my 535i with Cobb tune. It pulls hard, feels noticeably lighter and nimbler than the M5s and, N54 reliability issues aside, I am sure it will be cheaper to maintain than the M5 not to mention the gas mileage which is massively better.

As for the weight of a 535, it is 3,660 lbs vs. 3560 lbs for my 335is. We are talking about literally just 100 lb difference. Additionally, a 550i weighs 3,946 lbs and an E60 M5 weighs 4,090 lbs. So the whole argument about not tracking a 535 because it's too heavy just doesn't make sense. In fact, a 535i is lighter than a E92 M3 which weighs over 3,700 lbs. I don't think anyone would argue that a M3 is too heavy to track.

Finally, I agree you should get an intercooler if you have not already done so. I plan to do that as my next mod - not necessarily for more power, but to make the engine run cooler and more reliably. Then again, you are running meth and it is arguable whether an intercooler would give you any benefits. If you are running meth all the time, with the power levels you are making FBO, I would skip the intercooler and step up to a LSD. That will allow you to put all that power to the pavement.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Oceans10's Avatar
Oceans10 Oceans10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,499
Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
Alter,

That's a rather optimistic curb weight you cite.
Car and Driver lists the 2008 535Xi at 4042 lbs. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test
Perhaps a tad high, but Xdrive adds a couple hundred pounds.
My 535i weighs 3,800 lbs, which I thought was amazing since my E39 540i weighed 3,750 with manual tranny.
The 3 and 5 series share many components, but when you look at them side by side it is hard to argue that only 100 lbs separate them. The 5 looks 20% bigger, taller, wider, longer.

If you look at my signature you'll note that I am not against modding the E60 at all. But I do see many guys getting into BMWs and then treat them like American muscle cars. If you are going to put 700+ hp through a light weight inline 6 3L block, then a lot of factors need to be addressed unless the goal is to blow it up. It requires some research and ongoing attention backed by diagnostic input.
PS, the OP is a friend and there is no hate at all.
__________________
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 prepro, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, iDock on dash
Performance: Protuned Cobb, AR Downpipes, ER FMIC/CP, DCI, RB turbos, KW V2 coilovers, AEM 320E LPFP/ported fuel rail
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM
boramkiv's Avatar
boramkiv boramkiv is offline
Propellers Up Front
Location: Chesapeake, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,798
Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans10 View Post
But I do see many guys getting into BMWs and then treat them like American muscle cars. If you are going to put 700+ hp through a light weight inline 6 3L block, then a lot of factors need to be addressed unless the goal is to blow it up. It requires some research and ongoing attention backed by diagnostic input.
True.
Diagnostics equipment is a MUST when running tunes on these cars, and not just code readers.
People usually try to squeeze power out of the car and have no logs, then when issues come up want BMW to pay. As much as the N54 can handle its still a delicate motor.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans10 View Post
Alter,

That's a rather optimistic curb weight you cite.
Car and Driver lists the 2008 535Xi at 4042 lbs. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test
Perhaps a tad high, but Xdrive adds a couple hundred pounds.
My 535i weighs 3,800 lbs, which I thought was amazing since my E39 540i weighed 3,750 with manual tranny.
The 3 and 5 series share many components, but when you look at them side by side it is hard to argue that only 100 lbs separate them. The 5 looks 20% bigger, taller, wider, longer.

If you look at my signature you'll note that I am not against modding the E60 at all. But I do see many guys getting into BMWs and then treat them like American muscle cars. If you are going to put 700+ hp through a light weight inline 6 3L block, then a lot of factors need to be addressed unless the goal is to blow it up. It requires some research and ongoing attention backed by diagnostic input.
PS, the OP is a friend and there is no hate at all.
The 3,660 lb curb weight of the 535i comes straight from the owner's manual. Of course, mine is a 2WD 6MT. An automatic 535i is 3,703 lbs and the xDrive is either 3,902 or 3,946 lbs depending on 6MT vs. Auto. All of these figures are straight from the owner's manual. Go check yours out and you will see I'm correct. I see no reason why BMW would post false info in their owners manuals.

Trust me. As an owner of both the 335is and 535i, while the 5 series is larger in every dimension, from a weight perspective, it doesn't feel much heavier at all when driven.

With respect to the hp potential of the N54, that's the beauty of a 535. The N54 has been beat on repeatedly and blown up (very seldomly) by 335i N54 owners. Shiv from Vishnu tuning has put over 10K miles on his single turbo 335 abusing the hell out of it with massive amounts of 1/4 mile drag strip launches, and a bunch of 60-130 runs and the car is still running like a champion. Consider the fact that his car was the Vishnu test car and had been fully tuned and abused for virtually it's entire 70K mile life before it received the single turbo transplant and you soon realize how absolutely bullet proof the N54 motor is.

Sure the N54 may have reliability issues from the standpoint of injectors, fuel pumps, etc. But those issues have mostly been corrected and the engine block, pistons, etc. itself has been proven to be extremely durable. The research and ongoing attention you mention has been done extensively by several very well respected N54 tuners and hundreds of end-users pushing this motor to extreme levels of performance.

It is pretty much a given that the N54 can take 700 wheel hp without blowing up as long as proper air fuel ratios are maintained and you run the proper octane (either through E85 or meth or high octane gas). Even with straight crappy 91 octane, Vargas Turbos has already achieved 572 wheel hp with their stage 3 twin turbos.

For all these reasons, I specifically chose an E60 535i. I don't plan on putting 700 wheel hp through my car, but I know that I can cheaply build my car to 400+ wheel hp reliably, at a low cost, and still get 20+ mpg while out accelerating a M5.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Oceans10's Avatar
Oceans10 Oceans10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,499
Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
Yep, agree. My main concern is newbies buying a 335 or 535 and aiming for 700hp without paying careful attention to all the elements that need to be considered when you more than double the stock power. I am amazed at how they hold up to abuse, and I specifically don't want to run my car that way. I want the power to be well managed by all the support systems that ensure longevity.
I agree that the N54 is an amazing engine, especially the torque band and the smoothness from 2,000 to nearly 6,000 rpms. I had a 99 540i V8 before this car and loved the way it drove. But a tuned N54 is a whole different ballgame, baby.
__________________
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 prepro, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, iDock on dash
Performance: Protuned Cobb, AR Downpipes, ER FMIC/CP, DCI, RB turbos, KW V2 coilovers, AEM 320E LPFP/ported fuel rail
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 PM
mr29 mr29 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ohio
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 574
Mein Auto: bmw
I'm subbing this thread i like the m5 but if i can get a 535 and mod it to match m5 stats I'm all for it
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Oceans10's Avatar
Oceans10 Oceans10 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,499
Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr29 View Post
I'm subbing this thread i like the m5 but if i can get a 535 and mod it to match m5 stats I'm all for it
That was my intent as well. My car is a lot quieter and comfortable, yet as fast as an M5 until I hit 120. Then the M5 walks me. That will soon change as RBs are on their way. Game changers.
__________________
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 prepro, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, iDock on dash
Performance: Protuned Cobb, AR Downpipes, ER FMIC/CP, DCI, RB turbos, KW V2 coilovers, AEM 320E LPFP/ported fuel rail
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:53 PM
boramkiv's Avatar
boramkiv boramkiv is offline
Propellers Up Front
Location: Chesapeake, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,798
Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
The 3,660 lb curb weight of the 535i comes straight from the owner's manual. Of course, mine is a 2WD 6MT. An automatic 535i is 3,703 lbs and the xDrive is either 3,902 or 3,946 lbs depending on 6MT vs. Auto. All of these figures are straight from the owner's manual. Go check yours out and you will see I'm correct. I see no reason why BMW would post false info in their owners manuals.

Trust me. As an owner of both the 335is and 535i, while the 5 series is larger in every dimension, from a weight perspective, it doesn't feel much heavier at all when driven.

With respect to the hp potential of the N54, that's the beauty of a 535. The N54 has been beat on repeatedly and blown up (very seldomly) by 335i N54 owners. Shiv from Vishnu tuning has put over 10K miles on his single turbo 335 abusing the hell out of it with massive amounts of 1/4 mile drag strip launches, and a bunch of 60-130 runs and the car is still running like a champion. Consider the fact that his car was the Vishnu test car and had been fully tuned and abused for virtually it's entire 70K mile life before it received the single turbo transplant and you soon realize how absolutely bullet proof the N54 motor is.

Sure the N54 may have reliability issues from the standpoint of injectors, fuel pumps, etc. But those issues have mostly been corrected and the engine block, pistons, etc. itself has been proven to be extremely durable. The research and ongoing attention you mention has been done extensively by several very well respected N54 tuners and hundreds of end-users pushing this motor to extreme levels of performance.

It is pretty much a given that the N54 can take 700 wheel hp without blowing up as long as proper air fuel ratios are maintained and you run the proper octane (either through E85 or meth or high octane gas). Even with straight crappy 91 octane, Vargas Turbos has already achieved 572 wheel hp with their stage 3 twin turbos.

For all these reasons, I specifically chose an E60 535i. I don't plan on putting 700 wheel hp through my car, but I know that I can cheaply build my car to 400+ wheel hp reliably, at a low cost, and still get 20+ mpg while out accelerating a M5.
Says the guy who drives a Honda Pilot.
Nah, makes you look extremely wise. Like one of my professors. Know a lot about everything, and drives a sensible car to top it off.
Says something great and walks off into the distance only to see his silhouette fading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans10 View Post
That was my intent as well. My car is a lot quieter and comfortable, yet as fast as an M5 until I hit 120. Then the M5 walks me. That will soon change as RBs are on their way. Game changers.
Yes RB's. I just can't find anyone who has done an RB upgrade to a 335is or even the 1M.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
Says the guy who drives a Honda Pilot.
Nah, makes you look extremely wise. Like one of my professors. Know a lot about everything, and drives a sensible car to top it off.
Says something great and walks off into the distance only to see his silhouette fading.
LOL! Touche! I joined this forum in 2007 when I was dreaming about getting a 550i way back in the day. While I still own the Honda Pilot, it's my wife's car. I've since went through an 08 G35, a 2011 335is 6MT and just picked up a 2010 535i 6MT several weeks ago.

Guess I need to update my car in my profile.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
LOL! Touche! I joined this forum in 2007 when I was dreaming about getting a 550i way back in the day. While I still own the Honda Pilot, it's my wife's car. I've since went through an 08 G35, a 2011 335is 6MT and just picked up a 2010 535i 6MT several weeks ago.

Guess I need to update my car in my profile.
Finally updated the profile.. Welcome
__________________
418whp/476wtq, 0-60 in 3.83s
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Cobb (Race E30 Map PTF -Jake) | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | ER anodized FMIC |AR DP Catted |TIAL Q BOV | ER Diverter Valve Charge Pipe | Quaife LSD | RPI GT Race Catback Exhaust | P3(VIDI) Boost Gauge| BMS LT Thermostat | LED AE, Interior, Fog, Side Marker | 19" Style 433 M | Michelin PS A/S 3 |
BMWCCA member# 480266
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 PM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1.tifosi View Post
Finally updated the profile.. Welcome
Thanks man! Picture of my car when I first got it. I've since added my Cobb Accessport from my 335is, Huper Optik ceramic tint, and 15mm/12mm spacers rear/front. Looking to add FMIC, coil overs, and 19" rims/tires soon. Also upgrade my stereo system b/c I don't have L7 and it's quite a let down in sound quality compared to the stereo in my 3 series.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:04 AM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Thanks man! Picture of my car when I first got it. I've since added my Cobb Accessport from my 335is, Huper Optik ceramic tint, and 15mm/12mm spacers rear/front. Looking to add FMIC, coil overs, and 19" rims/tires soon. Also upgrade my stereo system b/c I don't have L7 and it's quite a let down in sound quality compared to the stereo in my 3 series.

Beautiful.. Are those M5 wheels?

Hats off dude, its so new.. You must be taking a good care of it...

Cheers
__________________
418whp/476wtq, 0-60 in 3.83s
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Cobb (Race E30 Map PTF -Jake) | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | ER anodized FMIC |AR DP Catted |TIAL Q BOV | ER Diverter Valve Charge Pipe | Quaife LSD | RPI GT Race Catback Exhaust | P3(VIDI) Boost Gauge| BMS LT Thermostat | LED AE, Interior, Fog, Side Marker | 19" Style 433 M | Michelin PS A/S 3 |
BMWCCA member# 480266
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
Not M5 wheels. Stock M-sport 18s. They look OK, but not as good as the 19" 550i Msport rims. Also, stock 245s in the rear FTL. Not enough traction w/ Cobb.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 AM
F1.tifosi's Avatar
F1.tifosi F1.tifosi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 578
Send a message via Yahoo to F1.tifosi
Mein Auto: BMW 535i Sport, 08 Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Not M5 wheels. Stock M-sport 18s. They look OK, but not as good as the 19" 550i Msport rims. Also, stock 245s in the rear FTL. Not enough traction w/ Cobb.
hmm thats interesting, So Sport package is a better option than M sport w.r.t Performance/Tires?

I am thinking M Sport is just for looks, correct me if i am wrong

Because i have a 08 sport package and it is 275 in the rear
__________________
418whp/476wtq, 0-60 in 3.83s
Jet Black | LCSW | DP WT | ZCW | ZPP | ZSP | 261 | 2TB | 322 | 415 | 416 | 609 | 610 | 620 | 677 | 6FL | 6UH |F/R Cameras | Escort 9500ix |
Cobb (Race E30 Map PTF -Jake) | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | ER anodized FMIC |AR DP Catted |TIAL Q BOV | ER Diverter Valve Charge Pipe | Quaife LSD | RPI GT Race Catback Exhaust | P3(VIDI) Boost Gauge| BMS LT Thermostat | LED AE, Interior, Fog, Side Marker | 19" Style 433 M | Michelin PS A/S 3 |
BMWCCA member# 480266
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:01 PM
AlterZgo AlterZgo is offline
Registered User
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2010 535i 6MT M-Sport
Yup. Mine came with just 245s in the rear. It's a square set up. Maybe that was intentional? I know the 550s come with 245/275 set up. Don't know about the tires b/c the stock ones were worn out and the dealer put on some brand new crappy no-name brand tires.

Considering going to a 255 all around square set up for ease of tire rotation b/c I'm cheap. Will probably just stick w/ the 245/275 front/rear set up in a 19" size.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms