Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 Mercedes Benz S550
I am loving this thread lol i personally feel no need for the m6 the 650i does it for me i can have any female i want lmfao
M6 is for you fast and the furious guys the fastest i drove my 650i is 80mph jersey got them crazy state troopers and a ticket cost like 800 in court
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 650 I SPORT PKG
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous650i View Post
I think the 650i and the m6 are about the same just a slight difference in power and exhaust system are different
I agree I get people ask me wow v10 ha!!! they assume my car is a m6 all the time also I could of bought an use m6 but you and I know people will beat on them more that a 650 I kow I would just you tube races on both cars and you will see and alsp look at the resale when both used they almost arent very different in prices
Vorsteiner carbon lip,Deck wing and Rear diffuser
Black mantle grill
H&R 15mm spacers for front and back Go Wide
Painted front and rear brake calibers with M logo
Exhuast rensinator delete with cats removed

Lexus L 460 touring package Family car
Svt mustang Cobra racer
Lexus Gs Modded Daily
Bmw 650i Cabrio Sold
Saleen s 351
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Oorah!

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i
Quote:
I think the 650i and the m6 are about the same just a slight difference in power and exhaust system are different
along with the front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, mirrors, wheels, brakes, CF roof... It's okay to be a bit jealous...
500-360=140
140 hp... slight difference

The m6 is a sportier version of the 6 series from many perspectives but the real question is do you need the power? Some people like it but I don't think I need 500. I like the looks and styling though but I would rather just get a 650 and a body kit. Better engine (in terms of mileage) but same great styling! All 6ers are great cars.
2010 E550 Coupe..... maybe...

Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Former Supporting member

Mein Auto: Displayed below
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650kid View Post
i....the manual was just too much fun so i had to go that route
Thats cool ! any more feedback on the manual stick on the M6 please ? I always thought that even if I go for an M, I just wasnt convinced with the SMG as an alternative for the Manual Fun lol

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige | HAMANN Progressive Sport Suspension | OEM stainless steel pedals | Black floor mats | BBS RXII 21" wheels | Sprint Boosted | OEM Reversing Camera | SolarGard Sterling 60 Tint |
Chip Tuned by ChipCentric | M6 Brakes | H&R Sways
Old 05-06-2009, 12:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ3 View Post
ive been watching the 6er forum like a hawk because i want people to help me with a wheel decision already! no one over here is commented tho lol, ive been relying soley on e60.net! comment people, i wanna get rims soon and tommorrow is monday, meaning i can order them tommorrow and have them by saturday!
I gave my two cents to you BlaZinMJ3 regarding your rim decision.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: `11 MSport 750ix/`08 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRIDES View Post

I agree I get people ask me wow v10 ha!!! they assume my car is a m6 all the time also I could of bought an use m6 but you and I know people will beat on them more that a 650 I kow I would just you tube races on both cars and you will see and alsp look at the resale when both used they almost arent very different in prices
I mean no offense, but I don't understand this post.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus

Last edited by Leslierc; 05-06-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Sejanus

Quote:
I am loving this thread lol i personally feel no need for the m6 the 650i does it for me i can have any female i want lmfao
M6 is for you fast and the furious guys the fastest i drove my 650i is 80mph jersey got them crazy state troopers and a ticket cost like 800 in court
$800??!! Ouch! Where were you driving doing 80mph? On the street in a 30 mph zone, or something?

-Morpheus
Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Mercedes Benz S550
Garden state parkway its a stright freeway in jersey. I had to pay 400 in court fines and 400 for a lawyer so i do not receive 6 points on my license so what the heck am i doing with 500hp if i cant get to drive 150mph and i was doing 80 in a 65mph zone
Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Range Rover Sport
IMO they are 2 different animals...

IF you are doing it for chicks 99.9% of chicks will not know the differnce between and M and non M....

You will get respect from Car people though, people that pay attention and know the deal..

One of my good friends went all out and got an M6 Drop White on Cream its 100% gorgeous he paid for it though.... I urged him to go for the 650i drop instead and witht the money he saved customize it...... I know the type of guy he is and knew he was going for a show stopper. I explained the necks he was going to brake would be 99% about the same amount of necks that My car and any other stock 650I drop would brake..... He disagreed and said but its an M6 its an M6 yada yada...

Anyway kid has had car for 3 month now and wants to sell it for a used GT, he simply says he isnt getting the attention he anticipated with that kind of $$$$$.........

IMO the M6 is gorgeous ....

Personally I would not get one...... I live in the tristate area I really wouldnt get to enjoy it that much.... And to be honest my 650 has more than enough power..... I got a tick last summer no lie doing 125 in a 45 construction zone... To m y defense it was on the Turnpike and the normal speed limit was 65..... Bottom line is I had no business doing 125 but I can only imagine if i was in an M6 what it would have been.

If i was going to spend M6 Money I would go with all the fololowing cars first.

Used Bently GT
Used Audi R8
Used Mercedes CL
Used grand turismo

On a side note I have never been a real heavy performance type when it comes to buying cars...

I had a 325ci as opposed to a 330

Clk 320 opposed to Clk 500

I just never felt the need or felt the additional money was warranted... I always been more of a show guy than a go guy when it came to cars..... Bikes its a whole different story If i want performance ill hop on a zx10 and feel the road under me.....

Im into customiztion and uniqueness. Dont get me wrong I respect performance and do appreciate it but to me when your dealing with these type of cars thaere all more than good enough....

Lastly I will say this I love the way my 650i performs and I do feel this car has changed me, performance will play a major factor into my next decison, maybe I am just nor ready for the AMG or M class jump yet... But I do beleive I will be getting the highest number possible before the M or AMG etccccc..... Im still a little young (20's) and maybe I just havent hit that stride in my life yet.....

Thought I would throw in a picture of one of my X sweethearts... 2003 CLK Ice Blue 320
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ice blue.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	184339  

Last edited by nytojerz; 05-06-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to 650kid
Mein Auto: M6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
Thats cool ! any more feedback on the manual stick on the M6 please ? I always thought that even if I go for an M, I just wasnt convinced with the SMG as an alternative for the Manual Fun lol
Not much more feedback to give, the end of your statement really said it all! Having SMG was fun and the throttle blips are incredible but having total control over when you want to engage the clutch and throwing the stick around yourself just makes the whole driving experience that much more engaging. Yes my shifts aren't as fast as SMGIII when its in S6 but hopefully i will be pretty close soon (thinking of doing the UUC ssk). No matter how fast trannys keep on getting i don't think the fun factor will ever be the same as a stick.

Retired~2008 ///M6- Alpine White, Indy Red w/CF trim, 6-Speed, fully loaded, 20" HRE 845R's, Eisenmann race

Retired~2006 650i- Jet Black, Chateau/Dakota- SMG, bunch of mods
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Sejanus

Quote:
Garden state parkway its a stright freeway in jersey. I had to pay 400 in court fines and 400 for a lawyer so i do not receive 6 points on my license so what the heck am i doing with 500hp if i cant get to drive 150mph and i was doing 80 in a 65mph zone

Yikes! My condolences! I'm glad I don't live (and rarely drive) in New Jersey.

-Morpheus
Old 05-06-2009, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 650 I SPORT PKG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslierc View Post
I mean no offense, but I don't understand this post.
Opps!!man I was really tired when I was typed that post earlier but what I meant was I could of bought a used m6 when I purchased my 650 but I didnt for one reason I saw the drop in price on a m6 vs a 650 I then asked the dealer who had both used cars on the lot and stated to me its like this for example the Alpina 7 series is over 100grand vs regular 7 series but then he told me when they resale as used cars there are slightly diffrent in price the same ? then I started checking online and in some cases the m6 used wasnt far off from a 650 and the reason he told me was reason some m6 were leased and abused and with the v10 gas was killer didnt help and thats why I didnt but a used m6 I much rather buy it brandnew m6 but I must say I drove it and wow what a car I love my sixer but next car will be a new m6 or zr1 but for now I still got to pay for college funds for my babys l.o.l
Vorsteiner carbon lip,Deck wing and Rear diffuser
Black mantle grill
H&R 15mm spacers for front and back Go Wide
Painted front and rear brake calibers with M logo
Exhuast rensinator delete with cats removed

Lexus L 460 touring package Family car
Svt mustang Cobra racer
Lexus Gs Modded Daily
Bmw 650i Cabrio Sold
Saleen s 351
Old 05-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslierc View Post
Yikes! My condolences! I'm glad I don't live (and rarely drive) in New Jersey.
Which is why I am sticking with my 645 for now. It gets me where I am going quickly and in style . The tri state area here SUCKS! to have such beautiful machines. My buddy just cracked his front bumper on his M6 this past weekend. Frigging roads are made for SUV's.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 6 series
hey I drove a 645 for 2 years and was in love with it till I met her (M6) and now drive a vert M6 as a dialy driver. I love the M6 and that exhuast note when you start it. Chicks even know its different when they hear that thing coming. I look forward to driving it everywhere, except malls because of those famous door dings! As for my experience, if you could afford it, do and never look back because life and M cars are meant to be enjoyed. I felt that the 6 series lacked Balls and the shifts were weak, especially when i had trouble keeping up with a 335i. Hit that M button and chirp 2nd and 3rd all day long @ 8250rpms.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Europrojektz NW

Send a message via ICQ to timsta Send a message via AIM to timsta Send a message via MSN to timsta
Mein Auto: E63 M6
haha. i jumped from E46 M3 to M6.. Love it. No comparison. I've changed the pipes to be a bit more agressive. but as serious says.. the exhaust note is fantastic! attached a video i made last weekend

Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Nice combo man ^ i cant decide between an eisenmann race exhaust or hamann exhaust for my e63, those ss midpipes made it sound way more aggressive in combo! exactly what im looking for in an exhaust setup.