Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: Smart car Brabus
Help needed fault code 5e20 wont clear

Hi Guys im currently working on a customers car BMW 1 series 120 d turbo 2006 original fault was dsc traction control yellow lights all up on dash fault codes
5e40 Steering Angle sensor signal not Plausible, offset
5e24 Pressure sensor 1 not plausible
5e20 Pressure sensor 1 electrical faulty

I sent the abs pump to a company who repairs and tests these units and they told me the pump was faulty and repaired after i received my repaired pump fitted it and bled the brakes trying to clear fault code which wont clear is
5e20 Pressure sensor 1 electrical faulty no matter what i do this fault wont clear so i sent back the pump which they again tested and said it was fine no faults or codes stored i should be receiving it back tmrw but not sure what to do if this code wont clear im using a snap on ethos anyone have any ideas would be of great help surely its not a wiring can fault otherwise the pump wouldn't have come up faulty? thanks again
Ads by Google
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
There's a particular method for properly bleeding the ABS unit after installation. It requires the use of a scan tool that can access the DSC module and cycle the valves open and closed to extract any air bubbles that would otherwise be trapped inside. I don't know if the ethos has this capability or not.
Also, you might want to track down a service manual for your car to be sure you're following this procedure to the "T."
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: Smart car Brabus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bean View Post
There's a particular method for properly bleeding the ABS unit after installation. It requires the use of a scan tool that can access the DSC module and cycle the valves open and closed to extract any air bubbles that would otherwise be trapped inside. I don't know if the ethos has this capability or not.
Also, you might want to track down a service manual for your car to be sure you're following this procedure to the "T."
Hi thanks for your suggestion i was thinking about using something like that to bleed so i prepared myself and bought this kit off ebay what a load of crp so anyway i put the pump back in bled the brakes again and light still there so i started it and with my self bleeder still connected to my tyre giving me the pressure i pumped the pedal while i went round again then the light did reset this time so not sure if it was a bleeding issue or whether this company never cleared the codes from this pump properly the first time? but its all sorted now but i would like to get this new software working but you need to be a computer programmer thats what you get for 26 off ebay cant expect miracles ey