Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
BMW 645/650 - Racer off the line

How fast is your 6 from 0 to 60? Or from a running start, 30 to 80? Do you dominate the road? What cars have you raced and beaten at a stoplight challenge or on the track?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 AM

I just embarrassed a Dodge Challenger yesterday. Blew him away at a stoplight. Then got behind him and he was trying to get some distance between us, but was right on his tail as he was trying to go through the gears. Friendly race though, he gave me the thumbs up, I nodded and took off.

Still getting used to the feel of the car. Used to American Muscle, which runs totally different. My old Mustang had some meat, but stock it wasn't up for most challenges. I remember a Hemi pickup truck destroying me, but that's the only car besides and early model 5.0 that actually beat me.

The 6 seems to sneak up on you rather than scream. Corning is tight. Throw it in sport mode and it totally changes the car. My old 3 Series did nothing with the steptronic, this baby lights it up and changes the car.

Off the line, I seem to get more tire spin than I'm used too. As I probably need new rubber. But overall, I think the 30 to 80 destroys most comparable cars on the road. Loving it so far. My only gripe is that I didn't go for the 650i, with the additional horsepower. Would love to see that extra kick. In a year or two, going for an M6, just trying to figure out which year and model/F12 or not, I can afford. Haven't had a BMW since 07, and the difference in build quality from a 3 to a 6 is outstanding.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
My brother swears his Mazda Speed 3 can beat me...we haven't raced yet but I'll let you know what the results are when we do haha!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci
here in Ontario, Canada we have to be very careful, when you are caught doing any kind of racing your car will be taken off the road immediately and your license suspended for 10 days. You have to go to court and the fine can be up to $10000. Being 50km (30miles) over the posted speed limit is also considered racing.

20" wheels 245/35 - 285/30, black grill and blacked out side markers, 10W white LED angel eyes, Eibach lowering springs on Bilstein shocks,
AC Schnitzer pedals, Sprint Booster (what a waste of money), electronic exhaust cut-outs, red brake calipers (painted)
AFE air intake, door laser BMW logo projector lights, CSR front lip with carbon accents, carbon side skirts
Old 03-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 bmw 650i
I smoked a nissan 370z gottem about 7 car length with 22" wheels on my 650....lol
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
BMWs are not known for straight line driving.

6ers are especially not racecars.

That 370z should have smoked you.

The 6er is a grand touring car (cruiser). If you want to show your muscle, go on the Interstate. That's important for several reasons. the US road system is fairly well designed. The best quality roads are Interstates. Anything else and the road is not high enough quality to safely speed over 100.

Line up to a car you want to race, give him a nod, 3 beeps of the horn, down shift to 3rd, if you're under 80, 4th otherwise, and tear off. You will smoke most stock cars on the road. You'll have trouble with the beefy cars, like the Z06 and the ZL1. Most mustangs will be left in the dust. Anything exotic like Lambos, Astons and Ferraris will smoke YOU.

The high speed charges are where the BMW GT cars shine. If you ever see an old 8 series, give it a try. The 850s will probably beat you, but it will be close.

I miss my 6er dearly. Need to go shopping for an M6.

*The above is for information only. Do not attempt.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645ci
Great look

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronwk View Post
I smoked a nissan 370z gottem about 7 car length with 22" wheels on my 650....lol
Those tires and rims look great. I have been searching for new rims and love these. Can u please tell me what kind they are and how do I get a set? I would prefer to stay with 19" and sure hope I can get these in 19's.

CURRENT:
BMW 323i
BMW 645ci
Lexus SC 300
Ford F150
Dodge Ram
Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650I
Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
BMWs are not known for straight line driving.

6ers are especially not racecars.

That 370z should have smoked you.

The 6er is a grand touring car (cruiser). If you want to show your muscle, go on the Interstate. That's important for several reasons. the US road system is fairly well designed. The best quality roads are Interstates. Anything else and the road is not high enough quality to safely speed over 100.

Line up to a car you want to race, give him a nod, 3 beeps of the horn, down shift to 3rd, if you're under 80, 4th otherwise, and tear off. You will smoke most stock cars on the road. You'll have trouble with the beefy cars, like the Z06 and the ZL1. Most mustangs will be left in the dust. Anything exotic like Lambos, Astons and Ferraris will smoke YOU.

The high speed charges are where the BMW GT cars shine. If you ever see an old 8 series, give it a try. The 850s will probably beat you, but it will be close.

I miss my 6er dearly. Need to go shopping for an M6.

+1 6ers are not great for dragstrip style off of the stop light racing.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mein Auto: E63 650i
Understood....
Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post

| Bimmerzone.com | 1-800-357-7797 | info@bimmerzone.com | 831 Lincoln Ave, Suite 3, West Chester PA 19380 |

Video about Bimmerzone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5pjPS88Bw

We are proud to be Authorized Dealers for: Sprint Booster, Peake Research, Eisenmann Exhaust, Hartge, RPI Exhaust, AutoEnginuity, Bentley Publishers, Zymol, P21S, PowerFlex USA, Brembo GT, KW, Hawk and much more!!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645CI, sport package
I'm surprised this thread is still here. Do the mods not care I people
Post about street racing?

But to address the issues I see here:
A 6er might be a gt, but it still pulls sixty in five and a half seconds. Less if you know what you're doing. That + a low 12/high 11 second quarter mile is enough to tell you a 6er will smoke a good 90% of the cars on the road in a straight line. Couple that with the fact that boy roll is all but nonexistent in our bimmers plus our phenominal low end torque and you should be wagging your tailpipes at most cars that could beat you straight line. Keep in mind that fast divers are better than fast cars. I've taught that lesson to two m6 divers so far (couldn't hit an apex to save their lives, breaked through or took a turn while not under power sad to see an ultimate driving machine being piloted so poorly, I could almost hear the M crying as my 645 disappeared around the next corner.)

But more to the point and not to be an old fart (at 26 haha) but street racing is dangerous guys. I know that sounds weak but think about the benefits vs the drawbacks. You may smoke a mofo and yeah it feels good to put those "lesser" cars in their place unde the 6er in the food chain. But how will you feel when you're responsible for the death of someone, or, god forbid, their child because you lost control and rammed you neigh 4k lb coupe through their minivan?
I could never live with myself if I took someone's life because I wanted he brief thrill of a race.

That being said, I DO speed and I DO play with Other drivers (a strawberry blonde in a Mercedes sl coupe has been my fav playmate so far).
But when I do play its done at two in the morning on a deserted highway that goes between me and Olympia and I doubt Ive broken 90mph while doing so. If someone in a big farty mustang gt500 wants to pull up next to you and growl his engine at you or do pulls on he highway, let him. Someone like that will never understand the infinite superiority of a 6series over his plastic interior, solid rear axle, laughable suspension and shoddy workmanship. When that happens to me I take a look at my nave screen...which is wrapped in leather btw (), I turn on my heated seats, check my auto dimming rear view, up the volume of my surround sound system and smile to myself, knowing that, on an empty, curvy road, I would kick his stang right square in the gonnads and leave him weeping in my exhaust smoke. And that's enough.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
+100

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Richlyrics

Mein Auto: 645ci covertible

where is the Val Heater located?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650I
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier-ina-6er View Post
I'm surprised this thread is still here. Do the mods not care I people
Post about street racing?

But to address the issues I see here:
A 6er might be a gt, but it still pulls sixty in five and a half seconds. Less if you know what you're doing. That + a low 12/high 11 second quarter mile is enough to tell you a 6er will smoke a good 90% of the cars on the road in a straight line. Couple that with the fact that boy roll is all but nonexistent in our bimmers plus our phenominal low end torque and you should be wagging your tailpipes at most cars that could beat you straight line. Keep in mind that fast divers are better than fast cars. I've taught that lesson to two m6 divers so far (couldn't hit an apex to save their lives, breaked through or took a turn while not under power sad to see an ultimate driving machine being piloted so poorly, I could almost hear the M crying as my 645 disappeared around the next corner.)

But more to the point and not to be an old fart (at 26 haha) but street racing is dangerous guys. I know that sounds weak but think about the benefits vs the drawbacks. You may smoke a mofo and yeah it feels good to put those "lesser" cars in their place unde the 6er in the food chain. But how will you feel when you're responsible for the death of someone, or, god forbid, their child because you lost control and rammed you neigh 4k lb coupe through their minivan?
I could never live with myself if I took someone's life because I wanted he brief thrill of a race.

That being said, I DO speed and I DO play with Other drivers (a strawberry blonde in a Mercedes sl coupe has been my fav playmate so far).
But when I do play its done at two in the morning on a deserted highway that goes between me and Olympia and I doubt Ive broken 90mph while doing so. If someone in a big farty mustang gt500 wants to pull up next to you and growl his engine at you or do pulls on he highway, let him. Someone like that will never understand the infinite superiority of a 6series over his plastic interior, solid rear axle, laughable suspension and shoddy workmanship. When that happens to me I take a look at my nave screen...which is wrapped in leather btw (), I turn on my heated seats, check my auto dimming rear view, up the volume of my surround sound system and smile to myself, knowing that, on an empty, curvy road, I would kick his stang right square in the gonnads and leave him weeping in my exhaust smoke. And that's enough.
I agree with most of this except the 12/11 second 1/4th mile. No way a 6er is sub 13 sec 1/4 mile.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM

I agree, I wasn't thinking in terms of streetracing when I made the thread. Was thinking more in terms of performance, as it has a muscle car feel to me.

I know all too well that a car can be a dangerous weapon. That said, I do not endorse speeding. Do I? Yes. But I'm an experienced driver and never do it in situations where I don't have complete control. And yes, there are things you can't control, but meaning in terms of a safe environment with no other drivers around. Nor do I challenge people at stoplights, poor choice of words, meant more that I will test the 0 to 60 from time to time at a stoplight. But I fully agree that streetracing is extremely dangerous.

Last edited by GetMeABeer; 04-07-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645CI, sport package
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedstuyguy86 View Post
I agree with most of this except the 12/11 second 1/4th mile. No way a 6er is sub 13 sec 1/4 mile.
Your right. After looking it up it's times stock are 14+ seconds. Which is kinda sad considering my Lexus is350 could pull 13's stock. :/ ah well. Guess I'd better start looking into intakes and exhausts, maybe some Software to go with it.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Marine

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
I do know that its faster than a modified 350 from 45-90 with the 350 jumping and having a car and a half lead and finishing with my 645 2 1/2 cars ahead
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 AM
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
So whats the order in BMWs as far as who is the fastest...
Place them in order of who can outrun who 1, 3, M3. 5, M5, 6, M6, 7, 8... the Zs and the Xs...

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Living in Fast Forward

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
So whats the order in BMWs as far as who is the fastest...
Place them in order of who can outrun who 1, 3, M3. 5, M5, 6, M6, 7, 8... the Zs and the Xs...
Fastest to slowest:

M6, M5, X6 M, X5 M, M3, Z8, Z4 M, 1 M, 6, 5, 7, 8, 1, Z4, 3.

It can vary based on the model year and engine variant.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
I think you are arranging them by engine size not real speed.

BMW CCA ID: 473647
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Living in Fast Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
I think you are arranging them by engine size not real speed.
Pretty much. I'm surprised how young kids in their Civics think that a 7 Series is slow. It may be heavy, but it packs a punch.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

I drive by style not by speed lol. I think M5 is faster than M6 since it's less than M6 more than 120 lbs. And M3 should probably smoke X6M and X5M. However, I dont like fast and light car. I would choose X6M over M3 any day. I love big size because size does matter.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 E63650i View Post
Fastest to slowest:

M6, M5, X6 M, X5 M, M3, Z8, Z4 M, 1 M, 6, 5, 7, 8, 1, Z4, 3.

It can vary based on the model year and engine variant.
Interesting... So we are towards the back of the pack overall. Fastest among the non Ms. I guess that's understandable..... I would have thought we where faster then the X5M not that I would know. Only other BMW was a 745. And as far as Ms go the 3 ain't all that, especially if an X5M is faster...

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Interesting... So we are towards the back of the pack overall. Fastest among the non Ms. I guess that's understandable..... I would have thought we where faster then the X5M not that I would know. Only other BMW was a 745. And as far as Ms go the 3 ain't all that, especially if an X5M is faster...
X5M sharing the same 4.4L V8 engine with X6M, M5 and M6 (current model). It has 555horsepower. Except the new 6 has an engine upgarde that produce 445horsepower now. Our E64/E63 probably falling to the bottom. However, its beauty is timeless. People still giving me lots of conpliments about my car. I'm proud if it. Good job my 650i.

Last edited by reytran; 04-09-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Living in Fast Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by reytran View Post
X5M sharing the same 4.4L V8 engine with X6M, M5 and M6 (current model). It has 555horsepower. Except the new 6 has an engine upgarde that produce 445horsepower now. Our E64/E63 probably falling to the bottom. However, its beauty is timeless. People still giving me lots of conpliments about my car. I'm proud if it. Good job my 650i.
Our cars were never intended to be racers. We all love our cars not only for the performance, but the beauty that made all of us fall in love with the E63/E64. I personally think that the overall exterior of the E63 looks better than the F12.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

Funny story. I lend my younger bro my car to go DMV for the practice test. He got failed, in the comment part, the dmv guy said "this car is too strong for u to handle!" Lol. Santa Monica DMV.