Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750Lxi
So how was this car acquired by the dealer (as a trade in, lease return, or did they buy this at auction)?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
^^ My bad. Yes! I can extend the warranty which is similar to if not the same as a CPO car. The price I am getting is outta hands: @ $4k
My driving habits of only 8-9k/yr miles just can't justify that.

~ Big Marcus
Old 03-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E65 750i Sport,C5 z51 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by singal3 View Post
I was talking about extending the warranty (i.e. BMW Gold or Platinum, which is essentially the same as the CPO warranty, albeit at a much higher cost).
Yes not a cpo warty. Just extend the actual warty that can be done while the car is under the original 4 yr 50. Tx if you can do that for around 4k do that and the car is the color and model you want and is essentially a cpo
e46 328i Prem Aw18" 335spt whls(sold)
c5 Corvette 6sp,z51,2"drp,19"ccw'sshrt shft,corsa exh,dd nav
e53 X5 3.0, pana rf,nav,xenon,cldweather, premium.ipod hookup, 20"4.6rims staggered 315rrs.
e65 750I aw, sport. chrome21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid fogs,Leds.oem ipod&sirius
Srt10 VIPER, 19-20" rennen forgedwheels,tune,exhaust,intake.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: 06 750li Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad540 View Post
Yes not a cpo warty. Just extend the actual warty that can be done while the car is under the original 4 yr 50. Tx if you can do that for around 4k do that and the car is the color and model you want and is essentially a cpo
+1

Best to make the investment now and have some comfort later.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM

4k how long is the warty good for?
e53 X5 3.0, pana rf,nav,xenon,cldweather, premium.ipod hookup, 20"4.6rims staggered 315rrs.
e65 750I aw, sport. chrome21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid fogs,Leds.oem ipod&sirius
Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Well.... Done deal.

There are a few key reasons I moved forward with this car:

1. It is my specific color combo: Mineral White over Saddle. Extra nice inside and out. With VERY low mileage for the year (averaged @ 9k/yr)
2. My Trade: I decided to take out ads to sell outright. Little movement and offered what I ultimately got on trade! I checked with several dealers to see what they would offer on trade. Wow... 16K-19k at most! So this offer at $23k was too great to pass.
3. My overall pricepoint for the entire transaction on any car: I am not one to fork over much for cars. I change out every few years and we all know the ridiculous hit ALL cars in this class take. So I already had a figure I was not going to go over: $25k after my trade or sale. This deal: a few grand less with zero out of my pocket.

4. Nice deal on a extended warranty which I have a few months to purchase.
Local dealership confirmed the car was solid as well as all service records, one owner, etc.

So there ya have it. I'm an official member of the F01 forum.
First mods... Angel Eyes and a roof spoiler.
New shoes to follow soon.

~ Big Marcus
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Well.... Done deal.

There are a few key reasons I moved forward with this car:

1. It is my specific color combo: Mineral White over Saddle. Extra nice inside and out. With VERY low mileage for the year (averaged @ 9k/yr)
2. My Trade: I decided to take out ads to sell outright. Little movement and offered what I ultimately got on trade! I checked with several dealers to see what they would offer on trade. Wow... 16K-19k at most! So this offer at $23k was too great to pass.
3. My overall pricepoint for the entire transaction on any car: I am not one to fork over much for cars. I change out every few years and we all know the ridiculous hit ALL cars in this class take. So I already had a figure I was not going to go over: $25k after my trade or sale. This deal: a few grand less with zero out of my pocket.

4. Nice deal on a extended warranty which I have a few months to purchase.
Local dealership confirmed the car was solid as well as all service records, one owner, etc.

So there ya have it. I'm an official member of the F01 forum.
First mods... Angel Eyes and a roof spoiler.
New shoes to follow soon.

~ Big Marcus
Congrats... You know what's next, we need pics!!!

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 PM
BMW rocks!

Mein Auto: 2013 750I M
The tread is useless without pictures!!
Congrats man!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Congratulations! Get some pictures up. Looking forward to see how you mod this one.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Congrats man! Just added a roof spoiler myself today and putting in an order for Angel Eyes tomorrow with alpinemss. Lets see some pics!

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Thanks guys! You know some worthy pics are soon to follow...
I DEFINITELY need someone to help me get this car "coded". I've read some super cool functions. I already had gotten used to remote window up and down, and remote trunk operation in my e65.

By the way... What is up with the crazy high offsets on these cars? O_o
My vossen CV1 are useless on this car. Oh that reminds me... They are for sale! : D

~ Big Marcus
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Thanks guys! You know some worthy pics are soon to follow...
I DEFINITELY need someone to help me get this car "coded". I've read some super cool functions. I already had gotten used to remote window up and down, and remote trunk operation in my e65.

By the way... What is up with the crazy high offsets on these cars? O_o
My vossen CV1 are useless on this car. Oh that reminds me... They are for sale! : D

~ Big Marcus
Here are a couple of coding contacts:

1. Patryk of bimmer-tech.net at info@bimmer-tech.net also the foremost retrofit expert in the world.
2. Alex of AlpineMss, www.alpinemss.com. His email is alex@alpinemss.com

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 03-21-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by singal3 View Post
So how was this car acquired by the dealer (as a trade in, lease return, or did they buy this at auction)?
Lease return via BMW dealer in Northeast.

~ Big Marcus
Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 AM

Congrats bro, I knew the deal was done when u posted a pic in your garage. U know u can't give it back after you drive it
Old 03-22-2013, 06:14 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad540 View Post
Congrats bro, I knew the deal was done when u posted a pic in your garage. U know u can't give it back after you drive it
Haha... Actually I did.... So BMW could fix all my microscope findings! LOL.
No actually I had decided not to get it until just yesterday late evening.
Let the "fine tooth detailing" begin...
New thread and Pics coming soon...

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Guess I missed the thread. Well it's a done deal and you got yourself a beautiful car so conrgats!

But my concerns are pretty clear and already costed me a lot on $$, it's in my thread about engine replacement. You're at 40k+ miles which means the damn plastic timing belt guide in the engine is close to what seems to be end of the life. Since your factory warranty expires soon this could be a concern

You should DEFINITELY try to get it checked and replaced if possible as a preventive measure!!! That's the main advice.

I don't know if your oil pump whines. The 09's are whiny and they've released an optimized oil pump with the 2010 models , its a puma case so have it replaced under warranty if it's not done yet.

Other than that my minor points after e65 transition and ~10 months f01:
- I STILL believe my e65 was a more solid built car. It felt more stable. It drove like a spaceship and no outside world could bother you. The f01 is a bit more noisy on the inside. Suspension is sportier even on comfort+.
- try to get into the passenger seat. It's ridiculous how the dashboard sticks out and leaves next to none knee space for bigger people. My linemen buddies don't wanna ride in my car anymore.
- tranny after 45kish miles will not be as perfectly smooth, it gives some (very subtle!) jerks from time to time. I figure a tranny oil flush at around 60k will make sense
- there's a steering servo hose that goes poof eventually, it's another PUMA case and BMW usually covers at least 50% of the replacement (which is at ~400 bucks)

Last edited by beamlord; 03-22-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750Lxi
Congrats!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
Guess I missed the thread. Well it's a done deal and you got yourself a beautiful car so conrgats!

But my concerns are pretty clear and already costed me a lot on $$, it's in my thread about engine replacement. You're at 40k+ miles which means the damn plastic timing belt guide in the engine is close to what seems to be end of the life. Since your factory warranty expires soon this could be a concern

You should DEFINITELY try to get it checked and replaced if possible as a preventive measure!!! That's the main advice.

I don't know if your oil pump whines. The 09's are whiny and they've released an optimized oil pump with the 2010 models , its a puma case so have it replaced under warranty if it's not done yet.

Other than that my minor points after e65 transition and ~10 months f01:
- I STILL believe my e65 was a more solid built car. It felt more stable. It drove like a spaceship and no outside world could bother you. The f01 is a bit more noisy on the inside. Suspension is sportier even on comfort+.
- try to get into the passenger seat. It's ridiculous how the dashboard sticks out and leaves next to none knee space for bigger people. My linemen buddies don't wanna ride in my car anymore.
- tranny after 45kish miles will not be as perfectly smooth, it gives some (very subtle!) jerks from time to time. I figure a tranny oil flush at around 60k will make sense
- there's a steering servo hose that goes poof eventually, it's another PUMA case and BMW usually covers at least 50% of the replacement (which is at ~400 bucks)
I read through your thread for sure and I have a good relationship with my SA at BMW. In the coming months you can trust I will be like a aggressive gynecologist to her!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE