Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Unhappy Spare tire Cover/holder??

Today i backed into a rock and it chipped a chunk off the spare tire holder that is under the car. The piece holds the tire and im not quite sure of its actual name and would like to see so i know how much it would be to replace it. If any one knows where to order this piece or its name that would be helpful!!!!
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
It's called "space saver spare tire cup".

You don't say what year your X3 is. If it's earlier than an '07, realoem.com say the part is discontinued. (It's under Vehicle Trim/ Various body parts)

If it's a 2007+, you can get one:

Supplement------------------- Qty Part Number Price
01 Space saver spare tire cup 1 51713428665 $211.01

(You might find the parts counter price is higher than that at your local BMW dealership.)

One option might be to drop by an auto body shop and see if they would want to patch the existing one up for less than $200.
Especially if the chipped off chunk is still hanging in there, or you picked it up just in case.
A marine repair place would also be a possibility.

And of course there is always the fall back of an autowreckers for a used one.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Thank you!! its a 2005 so that will probably help out a lot!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Lots of flooded out and salvaged BMW's around now so your friendly local auto wrecker (ooops -- "recycling yard") could easily get one for you. These outfits are all connected and able to get parts from all over. Not a part that would be affected by submergence in the water so you would be good to go. Hard for me to visualize how you managed to break this one. I hope you weren't out on the Jeep trails in the desert trying to keep up with the Wranglers? You also might want to check out Super's advice below -- be sure to get a price first though. Good luck!