Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM

Mein Auto: X1
When pallets fly

I just sold my 2011 Lexus Matador red CT200h. It all started with the first ding in the parking lot when I first bought it. Then the "Dent Dude" tried to fix it and buffed a big chunk of paint off the bumper. Then he caused a couple of grand worth of damage by painting my bumper orange, then kinda red and never bothered to take the bumper off the car before he tried to paint it. A reputable body shop fixed that mess, then while driving down a road someone threw a container at my car that was full of eggs. The container took a chunk of paint off the door. Then a few more door dings. Then there was those low bumpers and all those nasty curbs that insisted on jumping under my car when I attempted to park. The final straw came a couple of weeks ago when a pallet fell off a truck and skimmed over the top of my car causing a few more nicks in the paint. Sigh........................... Decided it would be better to stay alive and sold my cute little red CT.

So, off I went to buy a new car. I wanted something a little bigger than the CT and found the BMW X1. Perfect! I didn't know how much I missed driving a car with some zip. Plus, it's a great looking car. I bought the dark grey with brown interior. So, I'm back to a bigger carbon foot print, but at least I have a better chance of avoiding a flying pallet.
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 AM

Mein Auto: Soon -X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWtress View Post
, then while driving down a road someone threw a container at my car that was full of eggs. The container took a chunk of paint off the door. Then a few more door dings. Then there was those low bumpers and all those nasty curbs that insisted on jumping under my car when I attempted to park. The final straw came a couple of weeks ago when a pallet fell off a truck and skimmed over the top of my car causing a few more nicks in the paint.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or be curious on what demolition course you take to work/school.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
If I were your wife I'd take out a huge life insurance policy on you ASAP.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video:
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: michigan and ariizona
I hope you opted for parking assist!