Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 98 740il
ews-dme sync with pasoft

Can anyone here tell me the step by step procedure to resync the ews3 to dme. I have had no luck finding info on this and do not want to attempt it in fear of screwing it up further. The info I get from pasoft software is so far just a bunch of mumbo jumbo.
Ads by Google
Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
**Bimmer DIYer**

Mein Auto: 00 740iL, 97 M3
Take a look at this thread. Maybe it will help your situation.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 98 740il
OK Well I recieved the scanner and adapter plug in the mail and pulled the error codes and now I am more frustrated. After hooking up the battery the first scan does not pick up hardley any modules. if i turn the ignition to the start position and re scan it picks up all of them but then when I clear the error codes and it rescans it goes back to not finding hardley any modules including the dme. Every time i scan i get different results without me changing or touching anything almost like a loose ground but its always the same pattern first scan-nothing,second scan reads great, 3rd scan-nothing again without wiggling wires or touching anything which makes me think that its not just a random ground problem because it keeps a pattern. So any helpful suggestions ....anybody?