Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-school View Post
Wish I were a multi millionaire but unfortunately I "aint"! I am just trying to gain some education on how to get the best deal on a leased vehicle as I have only leased once in my life and that wasnt a great experience let me tell ya. As for going there in a gorilla suit and dancing in the lobby, well if I were 30 yeas younger and I thought it would get me more than just an X5 I might just give it a thought, depending on what I had smoked that day.
Ok cool
So where u at today in The deal
Did u see what we write as few posts ago
About it being the same as the $882 payment just with u putting 9k upfront?

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Ok cool
So where u at today in The deal
Did u see what we write as few posts ago
About it being the same as the $882 payment just with u putting 9k upfront?
That I did and I am getting a spread sheet soon that will work out all the numbers for me, I will take that once I build the X5 I want, and take it down to my "friend" and tell him to order it for me just like I have it built, and I will pay him exactly what is on the paperwork I present him. I will be allowing him his $500.00 over costs deal but the rest of the deal will be on MY terms, if he doesnt take it I can drive to Charlotte and get the salesman there to take it. Either way I am getting it on my terms and not the dealerships. Knowledge is a powerful thing ;-)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 AM

Question

Quote:
That I did and I am getting a spread sheet soon that will work out all the numbers for me, I will take that once I build the X5 I want, and take it down to my "friend" and tell him to order it for me just like I have it built, and I will pay him exactly what is on the paperwork I present him. I will be allowing him his $500.00 over costs deal but the rest of the deal will be on MY terms, if he doesnt take it I can drive to Charlotte and get the salesman there to take it. Either way I am getting it on my terms and not the dealerships. Knowledge is a powerful thing ;-)
God bless u my son
So stoked for u
I don't know if ur ordering adaptive drive
But it's amazing
So many threads on it
Basically it changes the handling characteristics of ur X and turns it into a sports car that has a comfy ride absorbs bumps in yr roads so u barely feel them w no body roll.
Biggest regret I have not custom ordering mine
Just sayin!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: X5 50i
Quote:

WOW! When you get the numbers and a signed deal, please share!

I'm in the market for a 5.0i with comfort seats and adaptive drive ... You can help me buy one ... or better yet, tell your "friend" that you have another (yankee) friend who is ready to buy and that you can get him 2 sales if the deal is right! I'm due for a trip to NC anyway ...
BMWCCA #20645
Old 03-22-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAX5 View Post
WOW! When you get the numbers and a signed deal, please share!

I'm in the market for a 5.0i with comfort seats and adaptive drive ... You can help me buy one ... or better yet, tell your "friend" that you have another (yankee) friend who is ready to buy and that you can get him 2 sales if the deal is right! I'm due for a trip to NC anyway ...
I just sent him my proposal and also told him if he were amiable to my deal I have someone else who would also buy or lease from him at a similar deal. I will post the dealerships response as soon as I receive it!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Freude am Fahren

Quote:
I just sent him my proposal and also told him if he were amiable to my deal I have someone else who would also buy or lease from him at a similar deal. I will post the dealerships response as soon as I receive it!
BMWCCA #20645
Old 03-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
If they say no wait till end of the month, ur still a few days out
They'll say yes
Definitely

Old 03-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Freude am Fahren

Quote:
If they say no wait till end of the month, ur still a few days out
They'll say yes
Definitely

... It's all about moving metal, no matter what the brand ...
BMWCCA #20645
Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
... It's all about moving metal, no matter what the brand ...
They turned down my offer and countered. Their offer is similar to the first one but my payment goes up to $741.00 per month and I will get back $5500.00 at lease end using MSD's in that amount, plus a downpayment of 4000.00 for a total due at signing of $9600.00, OR I can stay at the last negotiated lease of $655.00 per month with 9k down, and nothing at lease end... I told him I would talk to him Monday. Waiting on some information before I make a move either way.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Freude am Fahren

I'm not surprised ... this offer has been cut to the bone ... with $500 over invoice. The rest is the cost of using someone else's money over a relatively short period of time (36 mo's) ... The financing part comes from BMWFS and the dealer does not have much control over it.

As far as the lease is concerned, this is probably as good as you are going to do. Only you can decide if it is worth it.

What about financing at 3.19%?
BMWCCA #20645
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised ... this offer has been cut to the bone ... with $500 over invoice. The rest is the cost of using someone else's money over a relatively short period of time (36 mo's) ... The financing part comes from BMWFS and the dealer does not have much control over it.

As far as the lease is concerned, this is probably as good as you are going to do. Only you can decide if it is worth it.

What about financing at 3.19%?
Yep of course I have the option of either lease so the wife and I have talked about it and they have another one that is White with all the same packages with the double stitched leather dash for $1000.00 more. I am going to try and get him to let me have that one for the same lease agreement. See how that one goes over. I would lease either one but if I can get the white one for the same price, I will get it, if they want to get it off the lot before the 14's arrive. Its just a game, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. With this particular deal, since I like the Grey one and I get it for either lease agreement I will be happy and I actually think I am getting a decent deal. Not great but certainly not bad by any means. Will keep everyone posted and again THANKS ALL!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Freude am Fahren

Where are you at with your purchase???
BMWCCA #20645
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Where are you at with your purchase???
Well the wife wants to wait until the 2014's come out. Then we can either get a new one with the updated Nav etc etc or get a 2013 much cheaper than they are offering it today. I told her this one will be LONG GONE but she was adamant. So goes life. On the other hand I have over $800.00 a month I can use to spoil my newest granddaughter. And I absolutely love doing that ;-)

Once we get one I will post pictures. We are definitely going to get one just not right now. So if I live to see it, sometimes in the next 6-9 months I will be driving a new X5 and I will revive this thread with many pictures!

Thanks to everyone who helped me learn about this leasing business.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Freude am Fahren

Good deal. Enjoy your granddaughter. Ya'll be good now ...
BMWCCA #20645
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM

So remember when u gonna buy or lease ur negotiating the sale price
Then deduct any credits that u might accumulate and hopefully u end up under invoice or somewhere close
Ps make sure u go to at least 3 dealerships not just ur "friend"
Remember those 14's r gonna be "hot"
He ain't gonna give u it, ur gonna have to play the game a bit.
Now go love on this grand kids
Pss get a 50
Treat urself good, don't worry about the gas. U only live once.
Cheers rob

Old 04-08-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
So remember when u gonna buy or lease ur negotiating the sale price
Then deduct any credits that u might accumulate and hopefully u end up under invoice or somewhere close
Ps make sure u go to at least 3 dealerships not just ur "friend"
Remember those 14's r gonna be "hot"
He ain't gonna give u it, ur gonna have to play the game a bit.
Now go love on this grand kids
Pss get a 50
Treat urself good, don't worry about the gas. U only live once.
Cheers rob
I will definitely get a 50i! Thanks for all the help everyone!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 PM

Talking

Quote:
I will definitely get a 50i! Thanks for all the help everyone!
There ya go, i new i could pull u over to the dark side!
and just remember heres what a 50 sounds like if u ever feel the need to start on that 35 kick again!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
There ya go, i new i could pull u over to the dark side!
and just remember heres what a 50 sounds like if u ever feel the need to start on that 35 kick again!

Oh man now that sounds MEAN! Yea I gotta have one of those. I keep telling myself, soon..... soon. ;-)