Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMW 540i
95 540i: Where to purchase all CCV Hoses?

Removing intake, replacing all gaskets, replacing CCV. Need to find somewhere online that sells ALL the hoses to the CCV. When I bought my 95 540i the CCV has been completely blocked off and has no hoses.
Ads by Google
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Rock auto
Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 PM

Okay. So I'm replacing valve cover gaskets. Thought I'd also do intake gaskets as well. And upgrade to newer 4-valve fuel injectors. Main purpose is to fix my oily stinky idle due to the CCV. Here's what I've ordered:

Valve cover gaskets
CCV w/Gasket (PVC)
Intake Gasket Set

Are there any other potential gaskets I need to replace during this process?

Also, as mentioned above, I need the hoses for the CCV system. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Can anyone link me the hoses please? I don't see them on Rock Auto. I can't find a diagram for where the hoses connect to, what the hoses look like, or how many hoses there are either.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '95 540i, '87 325ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfothebeast View Post
Can anyone link me the hoses please? I don't see them on Rock Auto. I can't find a diagram for where the hoses connect to, what the hoses look like, or how many hoses there are either.
The only hose coming off the ccv plate goes to the fuel pressure regulator. There's also a metal tube that connects to the plate that goes to the crankcase vent.

There are two other orifices on the ccv plate but they're both plugged. Here's a link to the Realoem diagram: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...98&hg=11&fg=40 You can see the plugs and the O-ring (4) for the orifice where the crankcase vent tube goes.

I just did this job about a month ago -- my valley pan finally started leaking badly enough that I had to fix it. I changed the CCV plate, profile gasket, throttle body gasket, intake manifold gaskets, injectors and injector seals while I had the intake manifold off.

If you want to change out injectors, there's a guy on the boards who will clean and reflow yours or swap yours out with rebuilt units for a very reasonable price. Search for MEPEH. I've been running on his injectors (the stock red tops) for a couple thousand miles now and the car runs great.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 AM

Thanks! Im going to be working on this today. I had already purchased an injector set but a newer 4 nozzle style. My CCV must be connected although i didnt think so before. It has 2 plugs on it.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Bimmer App