Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 AM
paba

Send a message via Skype™ to paba
Mein Auto: BMW X3 F25
Big thanks to Bimmerfest and Bimmer-Tech

Having recently purchased a demo 2012 X3 and having been told that an aftermarket bluetooth system was fitted, I was hugely underwhelmed when I discovered the system very basic with poor sound and rudimentary controls. Also, I only had an Aux out meaning my favourite pastime in the car - listening to my iPhone, mainly audio books - was limited because control could only be undertaken by physically adjusting the phone, not a sensible thing to do when driving. http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/imag...lies/mecry.gif
But Bimmerfest came to the rescue. As a long-time viewer (I'm now on my 5th BMW) I scoured all its forums and was directed to Patryk at Bimmer-Tech for possible retrofit options. Patryk quickly advised that fitting his "Combox PnP" was an option having forwarded him my VIN number while other Bimmerfest members had only positive things about Patryk and his service. I can confirm all of that having just fitted the combox and USB outlet which gives me excellent telephone quality and full control over my iPhone including album-art on my screen. But it was the commitment and effort of Patryk and his "men" via Skype and in coding my system using my computer which surpassed everything. They spent hours helping to overcome technical problems - I was unaware I had blown a fuse in removing the iDrive controller and therefore couldn't initially get power to my system and then followed many hours of effort by Patryk in uncovering how the car's wiring (especially the fibre-optic connections) had been interfered with when the aftermarket system was installed. All corrected and coding completed I am now delighted with my communications and entertainment system and my X3, of course. Thanks to Bimmerfest and Patryk (and his men). To them everything seems possible! http://s1.bimmerfest.com/forums/imag...ile3453453.gif_a_
Ads by Google