Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: x3
OBDII reprogram auto door locks challenge Cable & Software query

Besides the dealer. Does anybody know where to buy the program software and cable to reprogram the auto door lock at 5mph feature ? Something understandable .easy to use and under a hundred bucks would be cool! :-)

I bought this program but its so complicated that I think i'd rather take a loss than pull my hair out!!

http://www.bmwcable.com/

Maybe I'm just being a cry baby and I'm still in the process of setting up the software..from the looks of it the software doesn't agree with my system even though it qualifies from what the author suggests. Anywho, maybe someone out there has a broader knowledge of this setup and any help would be appreciated!!!!

After I finish the cycle if I have any further problems I guess I can contact the seller not sure how much they can help with considering they're in the UK..

All I really want to accomplish is to reprogram the auto door locks at 5mph setup .. its good to vent my fustrations here though.. any recommendations would awesomely appreciated !!
Ads by Google
Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bmw
the only easy way is to bring it to the dealer and pay them the 125 it is or w.e
Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3bimmerkit View Post
Besides the dealer. Does anybody know where to buy the program software and cable to reprogram the auto door lock at 5mph feature ? Something understandable .easy to use and under a hundred bucks would be cool! :-)

I bought this program but its so complicated that I think i'd rather take a loss than pull my hair out!!

http://www.bmwcable.com/

Maybe I'm just being a cry baby and I'm still in the process of setting up the software..from the looks of it the software doesn't agree with my system even though it qualifies from what the author suggests. Anywho, maybe someone out there has a broader knowledge of this setup and any help would be appreciated!!!!

After I finish the cycle if I have any further problems I guess I can contact the seller not sure how much they can help with considering they're in the UK..

All I really want to accomplish is to reprogram the auto door locks at 5mph setup .. its good to vent my fustrations here though.. any recommendations would awesomely appreciated !!

http://www.bavariantechnic.com/

I think I'm going to buy that for exactly this sort of stuff.

('11 E92 328i xDrive - Deep Sea Blue - New to Me)
('07 E92 328xi - Space Gray - still in the family)
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM

So the question still stands.can anybody recommend a cable/software that is easy to use and compatible with my x3??

Sorry Don but the dealer wants blood and assortment of other .you know.stay in the loop please.or not
Old 01-31-2012, 09:03 AM

Yeah I totally like Bavarian t also...and I just realized that bmwcable.com is a bootleg copy with incomplete software ..darn*
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 AM

So the question still half stands..?? (Place shrug Smiley here)
Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Bee Em UU

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....oding-your-car

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8758367

Traded in with 90K Miles:
2007 X3 3.0si Black Sapphire Metallic, Grey Nevada, M Sport Package, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, and Xenon.
Prod Date: March 2, 2007
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM

Bmw cable obd ii

its all good

Last edited by x3bimmerkit; 02-02-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: '04 X3 3.0i
FYI, I am selling a IBM T30 with all the DVDs that I had downloaded planning to build the laptop for a BMW one.
I don't have the time to do it and I am selling the whole thing. Warning, there is still work to be done, this is only a laptop T30, 256MB ram, 20GB drive and all the downloaded DVDs.
you'll need to follow the instructions from the website above.
Asking what I have into it. $150 + shipped in the 48 states (USPS Flat rate box no insurance)
PM me if interested.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:50 PM

i think i'm gonna try the dealer or maybe someone that already has the reprogram tool

thanks anyway
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 740i
I just got the cable from bmwcable.com today and i am installing it as i type this to you. If all goes well, i will put together a step to step to help you get it to work. If you have a friend that is a computer guy (Network admin or just loves messing with computers) , he is the guys you want to call to get this software installed

I will keep you posted
Old 03-20-2013, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 X3 sport, 2003 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup7585 View Post
I just got the cable from bmwcable.com today and i am installing it as i type this to you. If all goes well, i will put together a step to step to help you get it to work. If you have a friend that is a computer guy (Network admin or just loves messing with computers) , he is the guys you want to call to get this software installed

I will keep you posted
What year x3 do you have? It says it will not work with 03/2007 or newer so I guess it won't work on my 2008 x3. What version of TIS worksop manual did it come with? I used to use the TIS on spaghetticoder but I they put an end to that.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: '08 335i 'vert: soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup7585 View Post

I will keep you posted
Please do - I've pulled all my hair at this point trying to get this to work. 0003 and 0006 errors is all I see (no two black dots and I even got an old XP laptop just for this!)

2006 A6 3.2L Quattro

2008 335i convertible, 6sp MT, Montego Blue/Saddle, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC
2007 335i Coupe, 6sp MT, Montego Blue/Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006, 325 Arctic, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, Xenon, Steptronic - Totalled
Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Bimmer Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 325i and X3
Just take it to the dealer. For the $100 they charge on average it just isn't worth buying the cable and spending a dozen hours learning something you'll only do once. Also considering that one mistake may cost you $500 for a new ecu, taking it to the dealer is a no brainer.

Member No. 470379