Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
All of this talk of guns is getting me itchin' for a handgun. I don't think my Remington 870 or SKS will fit in that compartment.

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry
Old 03-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdude View Post
After coding this has been disabled. I can now reverse without the tranny slamming
Is this the coding you did; "There is a function "Gurtkontakt_Fahrer" in the ACSM ECU's that looks like it could do that. Of course you'd also lose seatbelt warning, pre-tensioners, etc for the driver seat."

Any negative side effects from activating this, ie. losing the per-tensioners? TIA

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)

Last edited by Chuck W.; 03-22-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: 528 XDrive
So in addition to the standard features I listed earlier here are my newly favorite coded features. For anyone who needs efficient professional coding done in Northern New Jersey / New york city area seek out octopump.. I highly recommend his services.

I really feel like I have a new car all over again after his codings... See below
  • Auto/Start remembers last setting
  • Electronics off when engine is shut down and driver's door opened
  • Close mirrors + windows + sunroof through Comfort Access - closing works by holding finger on groves area on handle
  • Close/ open mirrors + windows + sunroof through Key Fob* - hold down open or close key

• Tilt passenger mirror further down when engaging the reverse gear

• Remove window interrupt front / rear window
  • Fog lights on with high beams
  • Fog lights on when car is unlocked (default is just angel eyes)
  • Close trunk from driver side button + FOB
  • Add a new Menu item (Stored trips) in your nav for stored/ imported trips (to use in conjunction with Google Maps).
  • Video in Motion
  • PSI/ Temp readings
  • Removed start up iDrive legal*disclaimer
  • Digital speed in instrument cluster
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
Is this the coding you did; "There is a function "Gurtkontakt_Fahrer" in the ACSM ECU's that looks like it could do that. Of course you'd also lose seatbelt warning, pre-tensioners, etc for the driver seat."

Any negative side effects from activating this, ie. losing the per-tensioners? TIA
I will have to ask Shawn. I believe he away the seatbelt alarm. Another thing is the windows used to stop rolling up when you open the door. He fixed it so they will continue closing when the door is open. Some people say this function is related to the reverse tranny thing.
Untitled[/url] 550i M Sport|300|LCSW|4MR|2TB|704|760|PDC|ZEC|6F2|ZDA|5AD |416|494|Dinan Stage 2|CF Spoiler,MirrorCaps&Splitter|M Performance Diffuser|Front Reflector Delete|Black Grilles|Rear Fog Lights|Euro Side Mirrors&Tail Lights|M5 Front & M550D Rear Sway Bars|20" HB04|Roof Wrapped|Coded|CCA member
Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 PM

Well the coding didnt change the car slamming into park while the door is open. If you have the sea tbelt fastened you can reverse with the door open
Untitled[/url] 550i M Sport|300|LCSW|4MR|2TB|704|760|PDC|ZEC|6F2|ZDA|5AD |416|494|Dinan Stage 2|CF Spoiler,MirrorCaps&Splitter|M Performance Diffuser|Front Reflector Delete|Black Grilles|Rear Fog Lights|Euro Side Mirrors&Tail Lights|M5 Front & M550D Rear Sway Bars|20" HB04|Roof Wrapped|Coded|CCA member
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM
BMW CCA # 473594

Mein Auto: 2013 535xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
So in addition to the standard features I listed earlier here are my newly favorite coded features. For anyone who needs efficient professional coding done in Northern New Jersey / New york city area seek out octopump.. I highly recommend his services.

I really feel like I have a new car all over again after his codings... See below
  • Auto/Start remembers last setting
  • Electronics off when engine is shut down and driver's door opened
  • Close mirrors + windows + sunroof through Comfort Access - closing works by holding finger on groves area on handle
  • Close/ open mirrors + windows + sunroof through Key Fob* - hold down open or close key

• Tilt passenger mirror further down when engaging the reverse gear

• Remove window interrupt front / rear window
  • Fog lights on with high beams
  • Fog lights on when car is unlocked (default is just angel eyes)
  • Close trunk from driver side button + FOB
  • Add a new Menu item (Stored trips) in your nav for stored/ imported trips (to use in conjunction with Google Maps).
  • Video in Motion
  • PSI/ Temp readings
  • Removed start up iDrive legal*disclaimer
  • Digital speed in instrument cluster

Could you obtain what codes those are for us, please?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
On the trunk thing. I found that I just needed to be a little patient. I was kicking like mad, but discovered that I just need to give a single kick and then wait a second or two. Opens every time but after a brief delay.

I think I should be able to display that neat weather stuff with my nav. but can't find the setting. Can someone send the directions?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:04 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 2011 535xi
Not gonna lie, the best feature for me is the heated steering wheel. Helps tremendously especially with the harsh winters in the NorthEast.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Brevity = soul of wit

Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartas View Post
Could you obtain what codes those are for us, please?

I am on my cell now, but wanted to mention:

The sub-forum for coding is here.

There is a cheat sheet and some interesting discussions regarding the 2013 improved version of iDrive.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
On the trunk thing. I found that I just needed to be a little patient. I was kicking like mad, but discovered that I just need to give a single kick and then wait a second or two. Opens every time but after a brief delay.

I think I should be able to display that neat weather stuff with my nav. but can't find the setting. Can someone send the directions?
Zoom out
Old 04-11-2013, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550 m sport
Well apparently I'm still able to be surprised.

I turned up my dash light dimmer switch last night just to mess with the display.

Had no idea there were lights in my door trim!

Duh!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Convertible
Cool sunroof trick

Just found a new one yesterday. I always pop the sunroof up when it's nice out to keep the car cool and help with outgassing of the interior. I would manually slide the roof liner back a few inches so the sun wouldn't heat up the car too much. Well, yesterday, rather than slide the liner back first, then pop the roof, I just popped the roof. What do you know. The liner slid back automatically, but only ~3 inches, when I popped the roof. And when I got back in the car at the end of the day, I closed the roof, and the liner automatically slid closed. So cool!

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I think you have to push the button all the way in, past the detent, in order to get the automatic open of the roof and the liner. Same with closing.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer77702 View Post
Just found a new one yesterday. I always pop the sunroof up when it's nice out to keep the car cool and help with outgassing of the interior. I would manually slide the roof liner back a few inches so the sun wouldn't heat up the car too much. Well, yesterday, rather than slide the liner back first, then pop the roof, I just popped the roof. What do you know. The liner slid back automatically, but only ~3 inches, when I popped the roof. And when I got back in the car at the end of the day, I closed the roof, and the liner automatically slid closed. So cool!

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I think you have to push the button all the way in, past the detent, in order to get the automatic open of the roof and the liner. Same with closing.
The way this work changed between 2011 and 2013 MY's:

2011 = push up all the way. Liner gose back, then roof goes up
To close >> push up again
2013 = same open procedure
To close >> press close direction (forward)

This is especially different when the liner is all the way back (already). If you push up, it opens. Pushing up on the 2011 closes everything. On the 2013 it's different.