Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Austrian Vignette, Gas Station, Welt

There is a convenient gas station near the Welt (left turn when exiting). Anyone know if an Austrian Vignette can be purchased there?
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM
milepig milepig is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 431
Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
There is a convenient gas station near the Welt (left turn when exiting). Anyone know if an Austrian Vignette can be purchased there?
Can't answer the gas station question, but Vignettes will be available at about a million places when you near the border. We actually stopped for gas and bought a vignette at the same time near the border - every station has them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
Can't answer the gas station question, but Vignettes will be available at about a million places when you near the border. We actually stopped for gas and bought a vignette at the same time near the border - every station has them.
Thanks. We are leaving the Welt late and heading toward the Brenner Pass into Italy, with a hotel stop just before the Pass. We will driving on A 93 near the border and I searched for gas stations on Google maps. They are off the highway so it would be easier if we could purchase before we get started. I have read that gas stations in bordering countries sell the Vignettes so it would be nice to gas up at the one near the Welt and take care of the Vignette at the same time.
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Vanos4:12PM's Avatar
Vanos4:12PM Vanos4:12PM is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: nashville, TN
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,635
Mein Auto: 2011 328 Saloon
Don't fully gas up in German, gas is most expensive there and cheaper in Austria. And as stated before, many gas stations nearing the border will sell them. Are you also going to buy the safety vests?
__________________
2005 530 6 speed/Sport/Prem/Cold black/black
2011 328i Sedan/6sp (lost to an accident and she is now at the big Roundel in the sky. )
1997 328i - gone "my first love"
BMWCCA # 367299


ED May 14, 2010
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:41 PM
edx1's Avatar
edx1 edx1 is offline
Missing German roads
Location: Wasatch front
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 455
Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanos4:12PM View Post
Don't fully gas up in German, gas is most expensive there and cheaper in Austria. And as stated before, many gas stations nearing the border will sell them. Are you also going to buy the safety vests?
Not OP here but am following this as I'll be in the same situation (aren't we all?) but on the safety vest subject, I bought 3 at Ikea last week for $4 each. Very flat and will be easy to pack and one less thing to worry about there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:18 PM
john lance's Avatar
john lance john lance is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Austria
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,113
Mein Auto: MB CLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanos4:12PM View Post
Don't fully gas up in German, gas is most expensive there and cheaper in Austria. And as stated before, many gas stations nearing the border will sell them. Are you also going to buy the safety vests?
Absolutely correct! Gas is much cheaper in Austria than Germany. If you are going into Austria, just put enough in to get to the border and then exit at the first opportunity. If you're driving to Innsbruck, the first exit is Kufstein-Nord. There you will find several gas stations, all of which sell vignettes (the section from the border up as far as the second exit - Kufstein-Sud - is vignette-free).

If, however, you're driving to Salzburg, buy your vignette at the Shell station at Walserberg on the border (or anywhere else before you enter Austria) but then fill up off-Autobahn by going off at either Salzburg-Flughafen or at Salzburg-Zentrum. Autobahn gas stations are always considerably more expensive than off-Autobahn gas stations.
__________________
John Lance

Winter Tire Rentals Munich, Germany
Vacation Property Rentals

Last edited by john lance; 03-26-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by edx1 View Post
Not OP here but am following this as I'll be in the same situation (aren't we all?) but on the safety vest subject, I bought 3 at Ikea last week for $4 each. Very flat and will be easy to pack and one less thing to worry about there.
so, any safety vest will do? Any orange one I get off ebay, for example??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanos4:12PM View Post
Don't fully gas up in German, gas is most expensive there and cheaper in Austria. And as stated before, many gas stations nearing the border will sell them. Are you also going to buy the safety vests?
I have two vests from an Austrian trip some years ago, and always bring them no matter which country I am driving in. For anyone who wants to know they also sell vests at the Welt store; something to apply the gift certificate to. Thanks for reminding me about Austrian gas prices.
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM
jtuds jtuds is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: London, Ontario
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 591
Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
Thanks. We are leaving the Welt late and heading toward the Brenner Pass into Italy, with a hotel stop just before the Pass. We will driving on A 93 near the border and I searched for gas stations on Google maps. They are off the highway so it would be easier if we could purchase before we get started. I have read that gas stations in bordering countries sell the Vignettes so it would be nice to gas up at the one near the Welt and take care of the Vignette at the same time.
You can buy one here for 8 Euros

http://www.tolltickets.com/country/a...mnu=c#articles

Can I buy the vest here? I bet they are pricey at the Welt

Last edited by jtuds; 03-26-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Gluhwein's Avatar
Gluhwein Gluhwein is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Pocono Mountains, PA
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 128i Convertible
They don't give you enough gas to make it to the border when you do your European Delivery. We barely made it out of the Munich suburbs before we needed our first "drink".
__________________
Home in the Poconos, heart in the Alps
_______________________________________________
MY GARAGE:
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red)
2013 MINI Cooper Coupe (red)
2014 Ford Fusion (grey)
2015 BMW X1 X Drive (on order)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-26-2013, 05:53 PM
jtuds jtuds is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: London, Ontario
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 591
Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluhwein View Post
They don't give you enough gas to make it to the border when you do your European Delivery. We barely made it out of the Munich suburbs before we needed our first "drink".
I already looked for gas stations and there are like 3 near the Welt.

viamichelin shows all of em
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Vanos4:12PM's Avatar
Vanos4:12PM Vanos4:12PM is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: nashville, TN
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,635
Mein Auto: 2011 328 Saloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
I have two vests from an Austrian trip some years ago, and always bring them no matter which country I am driving in. For anyone who wants to know they also sell vests at the Welt store; something to apply the gift certificate to. Thanks for reminding me about Austrian gas prices.

And on that "same note", try to calculate it as best as you can, to leave no more than an 1/8 of tank when dropping off the car. No sense in storing $8 gallon gas in your car for the trip across the pond.
__________________
2005 530 6 speed/Sport/Prem/Cold black/black
2011 328i Sedan/6sp (lost to an accident and she is now at the big Roundel in the sky. )
1997 328i - gone "my first love"
BMWCCA # 367299


ED May 14, 2010
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 AM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanos4:12PM View Post
And on that "same note", try to calculate it as best as you can, to leave no more than an 1/8 of tank when dropping off the car. No sense in storing $8 gallon gas in your car for the trip across the pond.
Last time I cut it so close that I had to make an extra stop to reach the drop off.
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 AM
emdreiSMG's Avatar
emdreiSMG emdreiSMG is offline
weissbiermeister
Location: Orange County, Calif.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,255
Mein Auto: F355 GTS, '11&'14 535Mspt
Look for the big sign(s) outside gas stations that say 'Hier gibst die vignetten'
You really can't miss them...
__________________
ED#1 '04 M3 Silver-Gray/Black ED'ed 5/04... Munich/Como/Modena/Monaco/Rapallo/Munich
ED#2 '05 M3 Comp. Pkg. Silver-Gray/Black ED'ed 9/05...Munich/F1 Ital. GP/Lugano/Lucerne/F1 Spa-Cologne
ED#3. '14 535i MSport-Carbon/Ivory ED'ed 10/13...Munich, Reutte, Como, Luzern, Zurich
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Prost's Avatar
Prost Prost is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 994
Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Do they sell that at the Agip gas station at the Airport?
__________________
1992 325i Convertible M-Technic II Appearance Package
2005 X3 3.0i (Lease return in 2008)
2006 330i (Lease return 2009)
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms