Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535XI M-Sport
Should I get my hopes up?

So I get this call from some lady from my dealership and says they have an opportunity for me to upgrade my '11 535. She mentioned that there is a $1500 incentive expiring end of this month, but other than that, I can't see anything special other than the dealership trying to make some quota by end of month. What does everyone think? Just some cheap marketing ploy to get ppl into the dealership or has anyone experienced one of these calls and made out with good deals? They gave me some preferred customer id as well to present to the salesman. Would like to know if anyone experienced something like this before.
Ads by Google
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550 m sport
For sure they are trying to get their numbers up. It's all about the units sold that month.

I would go see what they are offering. You never know...
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: '14 335i M Sport
Upgrade to what? Another 535? The $1500 lease/finance incentive referred to will most likely continue next month, as well as a $750 loyalty incentive for past or current bmw owners. Dealers are going down close to invoice on many bmws - - and this is before subtracting the incentives. I believe bmw is giving dealers "money in the trunk" to make these deals. From what I've read, sales of high end cars in Europe have almost ground to a halt due to the economic conditions there (which will probably continue after the Cyprus bailout). So bmw is diverting a large part of its production to usa and China (a huge market for bmws).
Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535XI M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6pwr View Post
Upgrade to what? Another 535? The $1500 lease/finance incentive referred to will most likely continue next month, as well as a $750 loyalty incentive for past or current bmw owners. Dealers are going down close to invoice on many bmws - - and this is before subtracting the incentives. I believe bmw is giving dealers "money in the trunk" to make these deals. From what I've read, sales of high end cars in Europe have almost ground to a halt due to the economic conditions there (which will probably continue after the Cyprus bailout). So bmw is diverting a large part of its production to usa and China (a huge market for bmws).
Yeah she didn't go into the details, but deflected me to find that out when I speak to the salesman. The typical get you in the door and try to sell it. From my standpoint, I'm hoping to get a m5 deal to hard to pass up But definitely not to another 535, no point in me doing that.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750ix msport
Now with the 2013's on the way out, if you wait till the summer months the incentives will be bigger. Don't waste your time with this! I get emails like this every 6 months.

Retired:
2011 BMW 550ix M-sport
2009 E92 335i M-sport
2006 Acura TL
2004 Mazda 6GT
1987 BMW 325is
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550 m sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahead View Post
Now with the 2013's on the way out, if you wait till the summer months the incentives will be bigger. Don't waste your time with this! I get emails like this every 6 months.
Great point. Whatever the "great deal" is now it will likely get better when the LCI arrives.

That said, if I'm even halfway interested I will usually at least go hear their offer....sometimes just to say no thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 06:43 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi Msport Alpine
MDK...when you are ready go check out George Javier @ Rallye BMW in Long Island, great guy, no BS..I was recommended to him by other forum mbrs here.

Pickup on 4/27/2013: "13" 535xi M Sport, Alpine, Beige, Dark Wood Trim, Cold Weather, Technology, Dynamic Handling, Driver Assistant Pkg, Paddle Shifters and Ceramic Controls.

Pickup 2/16/2014, 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium, Cayenne Red exterior/Black interior

Steve
https://www.facebook.com/groups/socal535f10crew/